Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tuskflash: A modded flash tournament, looking for more players.

WalrusJonesWalrusJones MemberRegistered Users Posts: 84
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
Hello everyone, this is the modder, Walrus Jones here, looking for a few more players to join in a flash tournament with the goal of stress testing my mod, tuskmod.

Rules, Signup, the tournament version of the mods download, and a link to the original mods thread (With more info:)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BETAFT/discussions/0/617330406657343540/

The main goal of this mod is to do three things: Fix CA Plz level issues, to greatly diversify the content that is already in the game, and to greatly increase the degree by which each piece of content feels exciting. One big example is the changes to cavalry, as is shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1uTWdtUsY

Light cavalry are very good at kiting heavy cavalry, and thus, exhaustion tactics are highly viable. However, heavy cavalry has incredible mass, and is great at breaking entrenched enemy units. Slings are also made more useful by this change, as they now can help a great deal in catching the more agile units with their slowdown effects.
Battle variety as seen in friendly battles has been fairly diverse, with the general strategies for each faction varying a by a very large degree.

Another big focus of the mod would be UI improvements, to make it easier to learn the mod without needing to dig through the files to find hidden stats (as much as I can possibly make it so.) Melee units display their bonuses and missile block chances, skirmishers show range, and dogs still remind you of how many dogs they have.
- This is particularly important due to the raw amount of changes, as I simply cannot explain everything here while keeping this thread readable.
Post edited by WalrusJones on

Comments

• obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    The Mod is great and makes for real fun battles. More balance, more viable units, more diversity and all factions can be used to win.
  • WalrusJonesWalrusJones Member Registered Users Posts: 84
    edited April 2015
    Heh. I would like to point out that me and Obelix haven't played every faction yet, but we are getting close to having seen the majority of the factions beat the traditional powerhouses on a few occasions.

(I mean, Caledonian and Sassanid Victories are the last things most people would expect.)
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited April 2015
    I would like 2, but I dont trust mods enought. I already lost Med2 cause of one of those. So I'll skip my turn until steam workshop is on.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    I would like 2, but I dont trust mods enought. I already lost Med2 cause of one of those. So I'll skip my turn until steam workshop is on.

Understandable. You can bet another one of these will happen to celebrate the opening of the Steam Workshop. (Of course, it should be an even better version then the one we have now.)
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »

The mod is super stable. Ive played Vanilla, campaign and mp with it in the data folder and had no problems at all.
    The only thing that the steam workshop does is placing the mod file in the data folder for you. At least in this case. You can still activate and deactivate the mod in the in game mod manager.
    it also would be nice if you would rethink joining the tournament.
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,737
    edited April 2015
    may i ask who are you.

don't worry i just kinda wanna catch up with mods :)
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
    edited April 2015
    jonasnee wrote: »
    may i ask who are you.

I would be the maker of tuskmod, if that is what you were asking.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited April 2015
    may i ask who are you.

don't worry i just kinda wanna catch up with mods :)

That was literally the first line of his post, introducing himself
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    That was literally the first line of his post, introducing himself
    i need more information than that :) and your not the one to ask me questions.
    I would be the maker of tuskmod, if that is what you were asking.
    i could figure that much out, i mean more like other stuff, like where you know uni from etc. (i'm a beta administrator that is what i meant by "wanna catch up to my mods"), like your mystery and well stuff.
    edited April 2015
    I actually met unicorn attack shortly after I joined the group, where he asked me a lot of questions about what my goals were when I expressed an interest in hosting tournaments.

I don't know where he decided to trust me, but I very much appreciate it.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited April 2015
    i need more information than that :) and your not the one to ask me questions

I didn't ask you a question though
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
    edited April 2015
    I actually met unicorn attack shortly after I joined the group, where he asked me a lot of questions about what my goals were when I expressed an interest in hosting tournaments.

I don't know where he decided to trust me, but I very much appreciate it.
    unicorn is one of the most trusting and friendly people of the community :)
  • SKill3ssSKill3ss Member Registered Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    I can't recommend this mod enough. Interesting battles throughout, skirmish cav is definitely worth using with PS. Would be nice to see the community get behind this instead of waiting for CA to **** things up again
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 820
    edited April 2015
    I'm all in for community to boycott vanilla and switch to Mod for tournament. Vanilla meta is getting very boring.
    edited April 2015
    I would hold your breath for forty minutes. I am getting done looking at the replays of the tournament, and making a new version of the multiplayer version of the mod in response to the tournament, it should handle a lot like the current one, but with a lot of the units that were previously useless having been revamped (I am looking at the vandals in particular.)