Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

This is because I'm playing on VH?

booker2121booker2121 Senior MemberPosts: 622Registered Users
edited May 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I'm wonder why I'm doing so bad on prestige when I'm advancing pretty well winning most of my battles and expanding decently.

Is this because the AI get tons of money cheat? Or it is because I'm doing worst than I think I'm doing.
I'm Great Britain.

95a9923d4ffe71fbbad1a7adebf0d18a.jpg
Post edited by booker2121 on

Comments

• clayton345clayton345 Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    May be a glitch. But at the beginning of a campaign all the other nations have more prestige than you do. So it just depends how well your doing and how long it's been.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Have you got lots of large, experienced armies and navies? Have you built buildings that enhance prestige?
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • booker2121booker2121 Senior Member Posts: 622Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    to be honest i´m not that far on the construction of buildings, specially the ones that give you prestige. I didn´t feel they add any reward other than prestige.

But my military is very good, i have a long region, actually i´m on year 1808 and i have only 2 region left to get the victory conditions.
    Spain is on the last city and then i have to take denmark. After that, vicotory.

I have 4 full stack armies with veterans on it. Not elite troops though. Most are line infantry, but that was enough for me to beat anything the AI threw against me.
    As i said i´m playing on VH and i´m crushing the french.

I still feel the prestige is really below of that i see on the campaign. My Navy is weak. On that i agree with that screenshot.
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, don't know i am playing a campaign and have only 2 regions left to conquer until victory conditions are achieved. I have more prestige then any of the other factions.
    edited April 2015
    clayton345 wrote: »
    Sorry, don't know i am playing a campaign and have only 2 regions left to conquer until victory conditions are achieved. I have more prestige then any of the other factions.

what difficulty? are you great Britain?
    edited April 2015
    Medium, and no, France.
    edited April 2015
    i think it is because the amount of boost the AI gets on VH difficulty.

Yesterday i got the Victory movie. and i looked at the prestige and i was still similar on the screenshot.
    edited April 2015
    Still doesn't make sense. On VH you should have more prestige than me because you have to fight and win bigger battles. And on medium I'm higher than some of them on your screenshot. I'm at 1308 with prestige.
    edited May 2015
    It was because research most technologies that doesn't add prestige and same with building.
    edited May 2015
    Great, glad you found problem. Forgot about research.