Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hun Cavalry

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberPosts: 8,624Registered Users
edited May 2015 in Multiplayer
What can you say about Huns' cavalry?
Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Shock cav is good. Melee is bad.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Disagree. Melee is bad and shock cav is good;)
    Besides that the hunic cav roster, in general, suffers from the fact that their mass is mostly very light, light and medium. High tier melee cav is widely overpriced.
    Also their cav archers have a hard time because charge speed is the same for all cavalary in the game so they can be caught quite easily if your atention is not focused on them all the time. They got a bit better with patch 2 because some units received the parthian shot ability. They also have a lot of ammo.
    Still, its very hard to make the hunic horse archers cost effective at the end of a game and with the current meta you are better of by bringing shock cav suported by good inf and cheap foot archers.
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    CA doesnt know how to give a proper strategical use to light units and the Huns are paying the price.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg


    HUITZILOPOCHTLI

    god of war

    LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Disagree. Melee is bad and shock cav is good;)
    Besides that the hunic cav roster, in general, suffers from the fact that their mass is mostly very light, light and medium. High tier melee cav is widely overpriced.
    Also their cav archers have a hard time because charge speed is the same for all cavalary in the game so they can be caught quite easily if your atention is not focused on them all the time. They got a bit better with patch 2 because some units received the parthian shot ability. They also have a lot of ammo.
    Still, its very hard to make the hunic horse archers cost effective at the end of a game and with the current meta you are better of by bringing shock cav suported by good inf and cheap foot archers.

    So you disagree with me and then say you would bring shock cav? I'm talking about the hun roster here and if you can tell that you don't play much because shock cav is of equal importance to melee cav now. People use Sassanids and Huns fairly regularly and often win.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    So you disagree with me and then say you would bring shock cav? I'm talking about the hun roster here and if you can tell that you don't play much because shock cav is of equal importance to melee cav now. People use Sassanids and Huns fairly regularly and often win.

    I habe to agree! People who complain that the huns and sassanids are weak don't do them justice. The franks for example that is a ****** faction, with overpriced shock cav and no elite shock lance, but not the huns and sassanids. People seem to handle the light mass of the huns quite good, and then uars, makes the huns quite strong if u ask me.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,485Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    jamreal18 wrote: »
    What can you say about Huns' cavalry?

    They have four legs.

    They smell.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    So you disagree with me and then say you would bring shock cav? I'm talking about the hun roster here and if you can tell that you don't play much because shock cav is of equal importance to melee cav now. People use Sassanids and Huns fairly regularly and often win.

    Don´t be so agressive and read my first sentence again. Add the "wink" and think again.
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Humans can barely understand second degree humour before 15 anyway.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

    I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »
    Humans can barely understand second degree humour before 15 anyway.

    True life story: I actually understood sarcasm when I was 4 so I fell out with a lot of people because they didn't get it. 2nd point I'm 16 now and finally its not clear when you're talking online at specially with someone who usually does disagree with you.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • WalrusJonesWalrusJones Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    CA doesnt know how to give a proper strategical use to light units and the Huns are paying the price.

    Well, I would argue that they did, but they threw it away.

    Charge distance is triple that of other total war titles, its almost as if CA did everything they could to prevent the AI from kiting with unsupported missile cavalry.

    Of course, this is almost certainly campaign focused: The main antagonists depend on horse archers, if you couldn't engage them at all, the campaign would in theory suffer.
  • HWickHWick Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    For the Huns, Horse archers all the way. The only issue is they should have a little more ammo.

    They chew up any cavalry in game the enemy is fielding given that you field a little more of them than the number of enemy cavs. Main target needs to be the enemy general as early as possible. then there is a good chance of a forced mass rout on the enemy. The huns rely on these guys. Anything else, they are at a disadvantage.

    HWick
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Well, I would argue that they did, but they threw it away.

    Charge distance is triple that of other total war titles, its almost as if CA did everything they could to prevent the AI from kiting with unsupported missile cavalry.

    Of course, this is almost certainly campaign focused: The main antagonists depend on horse archers, if you couldn't engage them at all, the campaign would in theory suffer.

    Or it would force sp people to use their brain... which they dont excel at. ;)
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg


    HUITZILOPOCHTLI

    god of war

    LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    Or it would force sp people to use their brain... which they dont excel at. ;)

    It is indeed very sad to see the way how some youtubers that dont do MP play in SP battles.
Sign In or Register to comment.