Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

5000 Men Dressed Up, Recreated The Battle Of Waterloo

biohazardbgrbiohazardbgr Senior MemberPosts: 370Registered Users
edited June 2015 in Napoleon: Total War

Comments

• myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    I was there :) It was impressive. They said there were actually 6000+ men there, not 5000, but it doesn't matter that much...
  • Spartan480BCSpartan480BC Junior Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this, Biohazardbgr! I was a spectator for this event of 2015 and found it awesome. When I was a U.S. Army soldier stationed in Germany in the 1980s, I participated in one of the annual Waterloo reenactments as a reenactor on the actual field as a Brunswicker infantryman using a borrowed musket and uniform. It was a vastly smaller event than the 2015 bicentennial edition but still enormous fun. However, the most tremendous reenactor experience I have ever known was participating in the 150th anniversary reenactment of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg while in character as a Rebel infantryman in Armistead's Brigade.