Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Avatar Conquest - Still Popular?

Ghost WhistlerGhost Whistler MemberPosts: 45Registered Users
topic.
Post edited by Ghost Whistler on

Comments

• EllEzDeeEllEzDee Senior Member Posts: 864Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Been better off here: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/82-Total-War-Shogun-2-Multiplayer

But i doubt it's all that popular. About a year ago, matchmaking took 6+ minutes to match me with people with vastly better armies.
    [portable-ID]lsd[/portable-ID]
    Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW
  • Ghost WhistlerGhost Whistler Member Posts: 45Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    shame, seems like a fun idea, and a good way to learn units for custom battles by building up an army.

It's always the same though, the matchmaking in all games mismatches people.
  • JacobMunroJacobMunro Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Matchmaking doesn't need to be perfect. The thing about Total War multiplayer is that cheaper units aren't just inferior: they're cheaper. It's not that big a problem if someone can bring US Marines and you can't, because you can have twice as many cheaper units to deal with it!

Last time I did avatar conquest (month or so ago) the wait time was several minutes at times, but bearable. Still better than Rome 2 or Attila multiplayer as far as fun per unit of time is concerned.
  • Vegesus44Vegesus44 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    I know plenty of people that play it a lot. I play seldomly but enjoy it immensely and with good vigour.
    Match time has always been a drawn out affair ever since I starting playing it online 2013.
    Also even though a player may have a much larger rank than you because of cost the difference is minimal, it's only really experience that is lacking.
    Keep an eye out for those sneaky people who don't upgrade their general after lvl 10 bronze.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited June 2015
    Moved to MP.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • -TFW--TFW- Senior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Shogun 2 is still the best multiplayer, and the most popular. Not sure why CA decided to strip multiplayer to the bare minimum in Rome 2/Atilla. Not to mention the battles in the latest games are atrociously bad.