Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Napoleon 2

RavenNZRavenNZ MemberPosts: 82Registered Users
edited July 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this.
I would just like to say to CREATIVE ASSEMBLY Please Please consider
making a NAPOLEON 2 using the new engines and all the new extra's you seem proud of.
There are some die hard Napoleon fans out there.

Who would like to see a Napoleon 2 Total War Released? :D
[PORTABLE-ID]ravennz[/PORTABLE-ID]
Post edited by RavenNZ on

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    There is a great mod Napoleon Total War 2, which adds a lot of realism, etc. However, I too would really love to see a NTW 2 game released by CA. Best game in the series in my opinion...
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    Napoleon total war is a great game, but I seriously doubt they will be making a second one any time soon, at-least until they have something meaningful to put in to justify selling a second game.

But if they did make a sequel I would prefer an all in one with Empire and Napoleons content combined and improved with new features into one game with multiple grand campaigns.
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • PikenierPikenier Senior Member Posts: 587Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    Would love a new game set in the Gunpowder Age. Could be either remakes of Empire2 and Napoleon2 on a new engine, or maybe even an earlier game set in the Renaissance Era. Italian Wars plus Pike&Shot formations might be similar entertaining than the long 18th century. At least there are more old-fashioned units with Swords, Crossbows and Spears.

p.s. And why only a game about the first French Emperor? How about a Napoleon III.:TW dealing with the second French Emperor. After playing Fall of the Samurai in mid 19th century a game set during the same years in other areas of the world would be nice. There would be the Italian unification Wars, Franco-Prussian War and the French Intervention in Mexico. Plus the Wars in Southeast-Asia (Indochina) and against China itself.

Don't know if there were further wars under Napoleon III.? Was Algeria pacified when he started his reign?
    edited October 2014
    A Pike and Gunpowder would be interesting, but would be a bit limited in variety. By the way, after Bonaparte, the French have been crushed at nearly every military engagement since...
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited October 2014
    BMNOBLE981 wrote: »
    But if they did make a sequel I would prefer an all in one with Empire and Napoleons content combined and improved with new features into one game with multiple grand campaigns.
    I too would prefer a combined game, or maybe with Napoleon as a DLC/expansion rather than a seperate game, but I would rather wait until they have created a 64bit engine and shaken the bugs out with a couple of trial games in some other eras.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • PikenierPikenier Senior Member Posts: 587Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    But when they release a second Napoleon-game they should create much more provinces. There should be many more small German states and depending on the starting date also more Italian provinces. Both areas were big contest grounds for military and diplomatic clashes. And the minor factions should have more room to expand against each other to have longer lasting campaigns. This would mean more provinces on the Balkan also (including native uprisings against Ottomans), in the Caucasus area for Russian/Native/Ottoman conflicts or in the Scandinavian/Baltic area for the Danish/Swedish/Russian conflicts.

And maybe incorporate the Italian or Egyptian campaign (+North Africa) into the Grand campaign? We could have e.g. three starting dates like in STW or MTW also. Don't know exact the events of Muhammed Ali's rise to power, but maybe there were major conflicts between him, the Mamlukes and the Ottomans (in Egypt and Syria) also between 1805 and 1815. This could be another interesting theater for a possible playable Ottoman faction?

Gosling wrote: »
    By the way, after Bonaparte, the French have been crushed at nearly every military engagement since...

A bit harsh, no? They heroically withstand us (the Central Powers) during the first WW. This is something they can be proud of. And we Austrians were badly defeated at Magenta and Solferino and driven out of Italy - so without the French no unified Italy also. Plus the Crimean War was, despite all the horrible losses, also a huge political and diplomatic success for them.
    edited October 2014
    I said nearly every other engagement. Granted, they did stomp the Austrians quite badly, but that was their only distinguishable victory. The French fought bravely at Waterloo; didn't stop them from being shot to bits. WWI was definitely a commendable recognition to French courage, but not to French victory.

• RavenNZRavenNZ Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    After thinking about my post an Empire 2 would be great as well or combined with Napoleon 2
    [PORTABLE-ID]ravennz[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited October 2014
    Hullo, fellow New Zealander!

Empire 2 could be a better idea than NTW 2 comparatively: Empire has the room and world to fit another title in. Napoleon, I'm not too sure. If they were going to do an NTW 2, what space of time would they base it around? The game really only goes as far as Napoleon's military career. ETW 2 would probably be a better bet than NTW 2, despite NTW being my favourite Total War game...

• BaltizarBaltizar Member Posts: 75Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    I am pretty sure if they do another Historical total war in will probable be empire 2. With that title they can have a number of add on campaigns and DLC touching the napoleonic and Victorian era's which Will include the grab for Africa
    edited October 2014
    Baltizar wrote: »
    I am pretty sure if they do another Historical total war in will probable be empire 2. With that title they can have a number of add on campaigns and DLC touching the napoleonic and Victorian era's which Will include the grab for Africa

They could have an official DLC of the Zulu wars, similar to Rome 2's Caesar in Gaul or Hannibal at the Gates!

• alexthemantidalexthemantid Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    I think that 'Napoleon: Total War' does a good enough job, already, and the graphics and mechanics still hold up to newer total war games, in my opinion. I honestly do not know what they could add, in a second version of this game, right now. I think that it is more important to make an Empire 2, personally. I think that that era is very interesting, and, out of the two games, I think that Empire 2 would be a bigger improvement on Empire than Napoleon 2 would be on Napoleon. I agree with Billy Ruffian that it would be better to wait for a new engine before making Napoleon 2.
  • alexthemantidalexthemantid Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Gosling wrote: »
    They could have an official DLC of the Zulu wars, similar to Rome 2's Caesar in Gaul or Hannibal at the Gates!
    I would love to see an official total war game involving the Zulu war. There is a mod for Napoleon involving this, but I can't work out how to install it.
    :(
  • LecourbeLecourbe Senior Member Posts: 610Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Napoleon II is a nice idea, but not totally necessary. If they would just correct a few anomalies in the existing game; that would be nice. For instance, my continual favourite of doing something about land-based rockets. They were very rarely used in the Napoleonic wars, especially because of their total inaccuracy. Maybe there should be a limit of, say two batteries per major faction. There are limits on certain Elite units, like Guardsmen. NTW rockets also behave like laser-guided missiles, & however fast a cavalry regt. is moving, they are tracked & homed in on & usually wrecked.
  • HWickHWick Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    C'mon guys i am sure you all would love to see the new features, graphics and all the goodies came with the newest TW games.

Getting artillery bombardment, a lot better special abilities. Especially the insta-square button. Nowadays you get a timer which activates the shieldwall and similar defensive formations. Loads more great things. NTW2 is well due now.
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    As much as I love Napoleon Total War, I think CA should do first Empire Total War 2, because Napoleon Total War is only a short history, and doing that over again, is a bit...yeah...

Empire Total War has much larger timespan and map, and has the potential to be a good sequel.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • Master of WarMaster of War Senior Member Posts: 925Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Hell yes! A Napoleon 2 and an Empire 2 would be fantastic!
    Bring back the drag and drop as it was in rome 2 without having to hold down the alt button.
  • jimmy44jimmy44 Senior Member Posts: 351Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    I would pay £2000 for Empire Total War 2 (As long as it wasn't as poor on release at ETW and had drop in battles and 40v40!) I love the era or horse and muskets and hope CA visit revisit it. I dream about having ETW2 with 40v40 battles and drop in battles - large scale battles and lack of in-game multiplayer let down the first game.
  • NG12345NG12345 Member Posts: 150Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Empire II seem like a much better sequel since you could play the "New World" aka American factions (Native American, United States, European colonies, Caribbean pirates, etc) or even the Asia like China, India and Japan.
    edited July 2015
    ETW 2 would be better. NTW is basically the good game Empire should've been, and focuses on a much smaller part in history. ETW has more potential due to the variety and time period.