Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Silly Formations

Simon MagiSimon Magi Senior MemberPosts: 456Registered Users
edited November 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
Sometimes my infantry will walk up a hill or pass through a river and suddenly move into a stupid formation like a long elongated line. The other day my General stretched out into a thin vertical line for no reason. Is there a way to stop this happening or minimise the problem? When playing on multiplayer it can take ages to get my men into a proper line again!

Also, the square function is sometimes a bit iffy. I click the square button again to get my infantry out of square and they don't respond.. I am just clicking to move or sometimes I have to quickly click the square button a few times to get them back in a line!
Post edited by Simon Magi on

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    No idea why it happens, though I assume it's just pathfinding issues.

Just dropping in to say hi!
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • Alpharius-OmegonAlpharius-Omegon Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Just the way they react to a unit you clicked to attack and the path to get there. I always put Calvary in diamond formation and keep infantry 2-3 deep to try and avoid this