Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lord Bio- Grimgor Ironhide

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Hey All!!

Today we begin our journey into the Blasted Wastes to talk about the Race of Greenskins! To kick us off we’re going to shine the spotlight on the 1st Legendary Lord for the Greenskin army, Grimgor Ironhide.

Which of the Legendary Lords we’ve seen so far would you choose? Here’s some more information on Grimgor Ironhide to help make your decision:

12227674_939346516140549_6746608875752804203_n.jpg?oh=a8403ad6a81d397021e73d752ca602ba&oe=56F3D45E

“No one knows much about Grimgor before he staggered out of the Blasted Wastes with the Immortulz, his bloody-minded bodyguard. Even for a Black Orc, Grimgor’s thirst for war was exceptional. If a single day went without battle, Grimgor was known to start camp-decimating arguments, his one good eye blazing with eagerness to find fault and start a good scrap. Two days without battle and Grimgor would smite anything he could reach, save (perhaps) his fellow Black Orcs. No one knows for sure what would happen if three days without a battle occurred, but even unquenchable thirst for battle is a sign that marks out a Warboss for leadership, a sign that that the Orc is favoured by Gork.

Grimgor maintains a tough, elite retinue of Black Orc warriors around him. This is the hard-as-nails mob known as da Immortulz, a moniker earned due to their habit of surviving almost impossible battles. On the whole Grimgor much prefers Black Orcs to any other kind of greenskin, but plenty of weedier types have snuck into his camp when the steely gaze of his single eye is fixed elsewhere. So long as things are going well (which means there are lots of other things to fight against), Grimgor tolerates the company of other Orcs and Goblins, at least as long as they stay out of his sight.

Grimgor has slaughtered his way across the Blasted Wastes to the centre of the Empire and back. Yet after winning many victories, Grimgor returned to Red Eye Mountain. Deep underground, beyond where the Red Eye Night Goblins dwell, the endless hordes of Skaven can be found. Here, for a time, Grimgor can appease his need for daily butchery- for the ratmen feed uncountable numbers into the fray solely to occupy Grimgor’s fury.

Yet eventually Grimgor will grow weary, striking out again in search of a worthier challenge- and when he does so, the world will tremble with fear, each nation praying that Grimgor won’t head in their direction”
=========

If you want to learn more about the history of the Orcs and Goblins as an Army in the Warhammer Fantasy Battles World then check out Miniwargaming’s video below to give a deeper insight into how the Greenskins work, backstab and fight together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDbllql9mGE

We'd also like to ask a fun favour of you all to post in Green text for this and all Greenskin related threads- failure to do so will result in ridicule from the Community Team.... you have been warned...

Joey CA
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Woohoo campaign gameplay better be coming soooooon, ya gits!

Grobi just need a few salvos of solid dwarf cannon to pipe them WAAAGHH!
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited November 2015
    Woohoo campaign gameplay prolly coming soooooon

You have already FAILED the objective DavidtheDuke.... please edit your post to be in green or face our WAAAGH!

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 11,030Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    By Shallya, he's ugly. Thanks, Joey. :D
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 865Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    edited November 2015
    Woohoo campaign gameplay prolly coming soooooon

BOOOOO! White text fail!
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited November 2015

BOOO IZZY! You have FAILED!

• IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 11,030Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Grace CA wrote: »
    BOOOOO! White text fail!
    Joey CA wrote: »
    BOOO IZZY! You have FAILED!

"Let's not go there." - Madame Elize von Carstein, Doyenne of the Red Abbey, upon reading the lay of Grimgor Ironhide.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

• FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    So Grimgor's basically like that drunk fella on a Friday night whose pint you really don't wanna spill...
    edited November 2015
    Fredrin wrote: »
    So Grimgor's basically like that drunk fella on a Friday night whose pint you really don't wanna spill...

Except he'd probably start a fight on purpose- drink spilled or not.

• SuperbobrikSuperbobrik Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    At last! My most loved character in Warhammer universe, one of my first ever painted miniatures, amazing! WAAAAAGH!

I can now imagine the rules for Grimgor and his immortalz, like frenzy and killing fellow orcs or butchering all routing units during or after battle. That will be both fun to play as well as pain in the arse
    Team Orcs and Goblins
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Superbobrik Icky white text! You are not dedicated enough to WAAAGH!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    I saw this for a second and thought it was campaign gameplay - my hopes were dashed! Long live the WAAAGGHH!!!
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Except he'd probably start a fight on purpose- drink spilled or not.

Got it. Looking forward to diplomacy with this guy! ;)
    Kirkilius wrote: »
    I saw this for a second and thought it was campaign gameplay - my hopes were dashed! Long live the WAAAGGHH!!!

If we don't see campaign gameplay soon, there will be ... WAAAGGHH!!!
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Someone has a copyright on the term Dark Lands ?
    PS: Scratch that.

And a mention of Red Eye Mountain's Skavens ofc, we'll if that means anything.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • ccorsen1@gmail.com[email protected] Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    I'm actually interested in how will Grimgor work on Campaing map - because he just... i guess... won't retreat any day soon... and i he will be very dangerous to your own side : D let's see CA, let's see :)
  • HollandiaHollandia Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, sounds like a worthy opponent :) really anxious for the campaign gameplay! :)
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!

Team Dwarf
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,969Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Da big Waaggghh is coming! Thanks guys for new blog, always good to see something new and refreshing, still waiting for da Mannfred boy to come out of shadow, but as for now I'll enjoy Greenskins, any ETA on Introducing series or trailer?
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,143Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    waaagh!!!
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    ORCS IS DA BIGGEST AN' DA STRONGEST!!!!!!

Is what I would say if I hadn't already painted twin tailed comets and iron crosses all over my reliquary.

Hail Sigmar!
    Sigmar wills it!
  • totalromefantotalromefan Senior Member Posts: 526Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    finely something new, its been to long ca
    but give us some new game play too
    :mad:

and last but not least: waaaaaaaaaaaagh
  • SuperbobrikSuperbobrik Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    finely something new, its been to long ca
    but give us some new game play too
    :mad:

They will tease us up to friday:)
    Team Orcs and Goblins
  • totalromefantotalromefan Senior Member Posts: 526Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    They will tease us up to friday:)

thats just to cruel, not even grimgor would be that cruel
  • Operation CurrywurstOperation Currywurst Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Diplomacy with Grimgor might be surprisingly easy. You can just tell him the truth. Empire: "Grimgor, dont attack us. Sure, we would love fighting you, but there is this mighty and invincible chaos lord about to attack us."
  • bishobolabishobola Junior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    here we F**** GO, WHERE ARE MAH ORCS HERE!?!?1
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Good - I cannot wait to see more :-)
  • lomorslomors Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    I had been walking through the forum, with hunger for some new info... Day like every day. Suddenly I saw something new! I went into the thread. Lots of text! And a YT link! Greenskins! I closed my eyes and tried to read as slowly as it was possible, to have as much time as it is possible before I direct my sight upon the YT link which happened to be... A mork(gork?)damni introduction to the race! I hope you find warpstone in your soda!
    edited November 2015
    Deep underground, beyond where the Red Eye Night Goblins dwell, the endless hordes of Skaven can be found. Here, for a time, Grimgor can appease his need for daily butchery- for the ratmen feed uncountable numbers into the fray solely to occupy Grimgor’s fury.

Skaven confirmed but not really? Wonder if they will be an AI race until DLC/expansion in game 1... Soontm?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • KasquitKasquit Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    And I already wanted an alliance orcs and goblins with skaven...
    But by Grimgor it probably will be impossible... :(
    edited November 2015
    Skaven confirmed but not really? Wonder if they will be an AI race until DLC/expansion in game 1... Soontm?

The Skaven have been spoken of in interviews previously as a Race that may make it in. It's not as though CA doesn't recognise their existence. :)

Team Elize von Carstein

• DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    The Skaven have been spoken of in interviews previously as a Race that may make it in.

I really doubt we won't see skaven through the series, they're at least as popular as orcs. In terms of pull, I'd say lizardmen and ogres are least likely, but it's also possible it's hard to implement so they'll do those instead.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    edited November 2015
    I really doubt we won't see skaven through the series, they're at least as popular as orcs. In terms of pull, I'd say lizardmen and ogres are least likely, but it's also possible it's hard to implement so they'll do those instead.

Oh we know they'll be in the series, it's just whether they make it into game 1 or not, as AI or as playable, and this is perhaps a wee hint.