Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Win10]; Can't run Med TW II on Windows 10

jbenzjbenz Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited December 2015 in Medieval II: Total War
I've tried getting this game to start every which way, with no luck. It is a box CD, it ran fine under Vista, but my Vista machine smoked and died. Got a new Windows 10 machine. I can run Rome TW 2 Ok, but Medieval II not at all.

Tried attaching dxdiag here but doesn't seem to have worked, I can provide in email if needed. I can't follow all the other instructions you gave for Win10 problems, because I'm not running this thru Steam. This is a plain vanilla Win10 install, installed its own drivers, and I've installed the most current from vendors (Nvidia, etc.).

It takes so bloody long to install, and I've installed it half a dozen times now with all the compatibility options, with no luck. Can someone please advise on how I can get it working?
Post edited by jbenz on

Comments

• Jim1974Jim1974 Member Posts: 81Registered Users
    edited December 2015
    Go to Steam and add the product keys from the disk version to Steam and it will become the Steam version and then DL from Steam and you be good to go. Worked for me.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,362Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited December 2015
    Go to Steam and add the product keys from the disk version to Steam and it will become the Steam version and then DL from Steam and you be good to go. Worked for me.

Good advice. There is an issue with Win 10 and the copy protection on discs. It has caused a number of problems getting the games to run. One work-around it to download the game from Steam.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin