Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How long does it take?

malcmalc Junior MemberPosts: 15Registered Users
edited December 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I seem to get my utt kicked in every battle..... Either I am a very bad General or need a lot more practise. I've watched several utube clips but the guys on there move around so fast!
Post edited by malc on

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    How long does what take? Till you become competent against the AI? As long as it takes with practice. Play the game a lot and get to know the mechanics. I recommend playing the tutorials.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • champLoochampLoo Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    micromanagement is the key, my friend.
  • shrspeedbladeshrspeedblade Senior Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    Play a single player campaign (or several) and never let yourself use pause during battles, you can learn to manage your troops more efficiently this way without having a veteran player slicing you up. Also, practice using light infantry more and artillery less in battles, this with the pause is the biggest difference between mp and sp at least for me.
    <---- That's how I look after all the NTW I've played!
  • Napoleon2ndNapoleon2nd Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    Battle. Battle. Battle again. And battle once more for good measure. It's about practice and getting to know the factions respective strengths; although they are quite similar to be honest.
    "War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."-William Tecumseh Sherman.

"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • CollingwoodCollingwood Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited December 2015
    It took me quite a while to realise how convenient the 'grouping' tabs are, so you can, well... errm, group units. This means that one mouse-click can send three, four or five units on the march at once, in various formations as chosen with the... errm, formations menu.

They can do some strange things when attacking in a siege situation though, so I usually 'de-formate' units for that. Sorry if this is obvious.
    'In Peace, prepare for War. In War, prepare for more War' - Anon