Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What about campaign map music?

corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior MemberSpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,073
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
In the campaign map gameplay, we could heard a little part of the map music (for ork faction i suppose)
and I found it quite similar to the "flute music" of Attila, personally, i don't like the boring "flute music" used in the last 2 games.

What is your opinion? what kind of music you expect?
"I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
—Valkia the Bloody.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• BloodClawBloodClaw Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 303
    in Rome 2 I use the mod for rome 1 music
    Atalla I don't really think about it or care for it that much.

I quite enjoyed the Warhammer gameplay sessions music though. I would love for different music per race but it seemed pretty generic so I think its the same for everyone

My dream has come true my favourite game franchise (total war) + my favourite lore (warhammer) are collaborating for a truly divine game !!!!!

For some TW lets play's or my prediction and information videos on TW: Warhammer 2 - visit my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWi55_w4pBFCy06QGTdOBw[url]

Twitch : [/url]https://www.twitch.tv/blood_claw[url][/url]
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonRegistered Users Posts: 3,026
    I hope for something more engaging in Warhammer. Attila and Rome II had fairly inoffensive ambient music for the campaign, but it was a bit wispy and abstract.

I think basically some good melodies (a la Rome I) which play on classic fantasy tropes but are not slavishly typical of their genre.

A really good campaign track will be highly atmospheric and conjure up a sense of magic. i guess it will have to be race specific, to an extent, so the Vampire counts will have a greater sense of sinister foreboding than the Empire or Dwarves.

Lordi on repeat for the Chaos campaign, obvs
  • BaalzamonBaalzamon Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    ^ haha, lordi indeed. Well, regardless, music is really important! All my old favourite games really had good, special soundtracks. It's like, if Hans Zimmer makes the music for a movie, you know it's gonna be above average. Music man.... It's awesome, I guess is my point.
    There is no point in discussing with people that are not open to changing their opinion.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,382
    Thought I'm the only one that had enough flutes in Attila and Rome II but it seems we will have them again in TW Warhammer, heard already in Ambush stream and during campaign gameplay... but music generally seems to be improved.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,361
    Yeah, I'm worried the music will be not epic enough for a fantasy game.

They are focusing so much on amazing visuals, I really hope the music matches. If they have weak battle music, I'm gonna have to find some way to replace the music because fantasy battles like this need amazing music. The battle music should be upbeat and epic.

I'd love to hear themes for each race. Empire battles should sound heroic. Dwarven battles should be strong and stubborn sounding. Greenskin battles should sound savage and brutal, Vampire counts, gothic and dreadful. And Chaos battles, dreadful and maddening.

Wouldn't that be something?

• corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,073

Thought I'm the only one that had enough flutes in Attila and Rome II but it seems we will have them again in TW Warhammer, heard already in Ambush stream and during campaign gameplay... but music generally seems to be improved.

hahaha, you're not alone buddy xD
    "I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
    —Valkia the Bloody.
    Gholin said:

Yeah, I'm worried the music will be not epic enough for a fantasy game.

They are focusing so much on amazing visuals, I really hope the music matches. If they have weak battle music, I'm gonna have to find some way to replace the music because fantasy battles like this need amazing music. The battle music should be upbeat and epic.

I'd love to hear themes for each race. Empire battles should sound heroic. Dwarven battles should be strong and stubborn sounding. Greenskin battles should sound savage and brutal, Vampire counts, gothic and dreadful. And Chaos battles, dreadful and maddening.

Wouldn't that be something?

i hope a less generic music for every faction, i really want a true deep immersive music for each faction. like "wardrums" for ork or something, cliche but effective xD,

shogun (or shogun II), have one of the best ost in total war games in my opinion,
    both in battle and in the campaign, also medieval II, I really enjoyed playing with Spain.
    —Valkia the Bloody.
    edited January 2016
    Baalzamon said:

^ haha, lordi indeed. Well, regardless, music is really important! All my old favourite games really had good, special soundtracks. It's like, if Hans Zimmer makes the music for a movie, you know it's gonna be above average. Music man.... It's awesome, I guess is my point.

blizzard, for example knows how to do a good sountrack, I remember with nostalgia their themes.

Edit:
    Btw Hans Zimmer is awesome, totally agree
    —Valkia the Bloody.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    I heard they got Kenny G to do a solo score.
  • UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 582
    edited January 2016
    Hopefully one faction's battle music is something similar to this:
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,622
    I would like to use the usic form Rage of the Dark Gods
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,453
    Fredrin said:

I hope for something more engaging in Warhammer. Attila and Rome II had fairly inoffensive ambient music for the campaign, but it was a bit wispy and abstract.

I think basically some good melodies (a la Rome I) which play on classic fantasy tropes but are not slavishly typical of their genre.

A really good campaign track will be highly atmospheric and conjure up a sense of magic. i guess it will have to be race specific, to an extent, so the Vampire counts will have a greater sense of sinister foreboding than the Empire or Dwarves.

Lordi on repeat for the Chaos campaign, obvs

Nice. Will bookmark that for post april 28.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,382

No just no.. it's random and not as good as you may think. It's just picked randomly from various old games and movies and mashed into something.

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,622

No just no.. it's random and not as good as you may think. It's just picked randomly from various old games and movies and mashed into something.

I am not a common listener of music, just when i heard the music I licked it a lot.

Just my opinion!
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member New OrleansRegistered Users Posts: 7,487
    edited January 2016
    I don't mind the last two games' campaign map music, in fact it's rather good without being annoying. I always turn off the battle music and zoom in low often to hear the troop's "chatter." Seriously, have you heard some of the things they say? If we posted it verbatim the moderators would be pooping (ah ... I know .. I know) in our mess kit!
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    edited January 2016
    Give each faction a few exclusive tracks and have a main playlist for all. This way elves can have their flute and harp music play at various times when you are playing their faction. Dwarves some sort of drum and hammer music to fit the karak mood. Orcs more upbeat and aggressive. Vampires that dark goth chant and creepy sinister music. Chaos perhaps some chaotic and dark music obviously. Dark orchestra perhaps.

Anyways just a thought to better immerse player into own race.
    Grashnak said:

Give each faction a few exclusive tracks and have a main playlist for all. This way elves can have their flute and harp music play at various times when you are playing their faction. Dwarves some sort of drum and hammer music to fit the karak mood. Orcs more upbeat and aggressive. Vampires that dark goth chant and creepy sinister music. Chaos perhaps some chaotic and dark music obviously. Dark orchestra perhaps.

Anyways just a thought to better immerse player into own race.

I would like them to be inspired by games like Heroes of M&M and LOTR: BFME II as for music, each Race has own and unique theme which changes during battle and exploration/building phase.

I think personally that Diablo III Reaper of Souls OST was great, very fitting for the way you described VC them, please Beddow don't use flutes for them... just no :D

Bloodborne has the best OST for Vampire Counts, just listen to this one

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
    have you seen the videos of all youtubers? I am quite impressed with the battle music!!.
    —Valkia the Bloody.
    corvo said:

have you seen the videos of all youtubers? I am quite impressed with the battle music!!.

CAmpaign music for Vampires was perfect, but for battle not sure... not all of it, I think R. Beddow is using way too much bloody flutes in his music, why does he even use this instrument for Vampire Counts?

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,470
    The VC campaign music I heard was amazing. Choir and organ. Fitted extremely well.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.