Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer and feminists

2»

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,144Registered Users
    edited January 2016
    iBlue said:

I think using stuff like Feminism and Racial representation to attack games and get publicity is one of the most disgusting actions any self respecting rights campaigner could do.

Games have their own worlds and their own logic. Skyrim for instance isn't really supposed to have black people, can you fault it for it? It's built upon norse mythology, far away from any african/african american influence.

Total war is just that. A war game. Why would women campaign to be represented in bloody butchering? And the moment a poorly clothed model was released they'd cry and scream in terror. Massacring poorly clothed women? SEXIST.

On the other hand naked, muscled barbarians butchering eachother, that's fine. That's a "real man". Bulky, fit, muscular and manly killer. Yay. Not sexist at all.

Games exist in a realm different than real life. You can't simply apply feminism and black lives matter and asian lives matter and white lives matter and mens rights and so on to it.

I would rue the day every single game has black people, white people, asian people represented in it and where women and men representation is split in half.

Games are about creating worlds and narrative. Using these rights movements to limit what games can do is irresponsible and pathetic.

Games are a creative expression of their creator. If total war doesn't want women in Warhammer than that is their choice. Nobody can make them add women. Likewise, a female tennis sports game can have no male representation whatsoever and still be acceptable.

Feminism shouldn't be concerned about abscence of women but rather how women are portrayed.

If total war only had women portrayed as slaves to be sold into brothels, given to the army for sexual exploitation, married off or sent to the fields than that's a cause for concern. But that won't happen.

But don't forget, the way you have fun is wrong. Trust them, they're cultural Marxists, they know what's best for you and for everybody and the way you're having fun is wrong. Stop it because they don't like it.

Edit: Poo, I bit.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Posts: 424Registered Users

iBlue said:

I think using stuff like Feminism and Racial representation to attack games and get publicity is one of the most disgusting actions any self respecting rights campaigner could do.

Games have their own worlds and their own logic. Skyrim for instance isn't really supposed to have black people, can you fault it for it? It's built upon norse mythology, far away from any african/african american influence.

Total war is just that. A war game. Why would women campaign to be represented in bloody butchering? And the moment a poorly clothed model was released they'd cry and scream in terror. Massacring poorly clothed women? SEXIST.

On the other hand naked, muscled barbarians butchering eachother, that's fine. That's a "real man". Bulky, fit, muscular and manly killer. Yay. Not sexist at all.

Games exist in a realm different than real life. You can't simply apply feminism and black lives matter and asian lives matter and white lives matter and mens rights and so on to it.

I would rue the day every single game has black people, white people, asian people represented in it and where women and men representation is split in half.

Games are about creating worlds and narrative. Using these rights movements to limit what games can do is irresponsible and pathetic.

Games are a creative expression of their creator. If total war doesn't want women in Warhammer than that is their choice. Nobody can make them add women. Likewise, a female tennis sports game can have no male representation whatsoever and still be acceptable.

Feminism shouldn't be concerned about abscence of women but rather how women are portrayed.

If total war only had women portrayed as slaves to be sold into brothels, given to the army for sexual exploitation, married off or sent to the fields than that's a cause for concern. But that won't happen.

But don't forget, the way you have fun is wrong. Trust them, they're cultural Marxists, they know what's best for you and for everybody and the way you're having fun is wrong. Stop it because they don't like it.

Edit: Poo, I bit.
    And this is why the debate should not have open with those things as I said.............

Now it is ruined, and what ever I say will be labelled as either side.

The Bloody handed god HUNGERS FOR SACRIFICE!!!!!
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are more different than people sometimes think, so I will divided them in judgement.

40K:
    It's true that girls can't be space marines, because the lore say that the empire only modifies male genes.
    But otherwise, all imperial institution do have females (I say more about the models later) lorewise and there is a SM female only "counter" part: the Sisters of Battles.
    While they get a poor treatment models and partly lore wise (I look at you Grey Knights...), they are pretty fierce and interesting women in the 40k universe. The reasons for the treatment are probably a "chick and egg" situation:
    They have old models, rules and the lore is sometimes harsh to them. Because of that they sell bad. Since they sell bad, they don't have the priority to get better model, good rules and can be easily used if a other 40k race needs a victory for the background.
    Now there is a difference between the thing the lores says and what the models show. The Astra Militarum, better know as Imperial Guard, has supposedly also a lot of women, since the imperial isn't picky with the cannon fooder.
    Modelswise GW only produces male soldiers for the AM/IG. Probably because they don't want to pack more options into a box or fear what happens if they "force" you to build some AM/IM as female.
    Thou to be fair: there are suppose to be male eldar banshees. Those models don't exist either.
    And the Eldar has quite prominent female personal.

Warhammer:
    Heavily depends which race we are talking about:
    Empire: only few named women in the background.
    Bretonnia: literally damsels (thou not as helpless as the name suggest, except close combat)
    Skaven: breed machines
    All elves: a lot of either unique female positions (including units) or equal treatment.
    Vampires: A lot of female Vampires (one with rules), which also are quite powerful.
    Tomb Kings: while male heavy, has a important character which is female.
    Orges: the female model have the longest beard.
    WoC: One bad ass women.
    Deamons: don't really have gender, but Slaanesh has daemons with tits, if that is what makes something female for you.
    Lirzardmen: don't have really genders.
    Greenskins: don't have genders.
    Dwarfs: They supposedly have females, but I never seen or heard of one.

Now for the Game:
    There are opportunities for female LL, generic Lords and Heroes and female units or unit members, without to change the lore or even models.
    CA has show in the past that they are willing to put women in (even if this is just for more variety) into they games, so I don't think that this has change now.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,322Registered Users

Must....

resist....

urge....

to bite....

Lol, same here but I'll just say Dark Elves (and Eldar) are actually the most accidentally progressive race in Warhammer lol, cause they just don't care about gender in their own race-- only if you can kill stuff xD
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    They just need to keep their mitts off my precious Dwarfs.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • iBlueiBlue Member Posts: 127Registered Users
    edited January 2016
    When it comes to games, any claims other than unfair representation is completely **** and wrong.

I agree women shouldn't be intentionally objectified and have their treatment desensitized but on the other hand a game shouldn't lie if it's clinging to historical accuracy. It's irresponsible to deny rape and pillaging happened, to lie that women were treated as sexual slaves and such, to not hurt the feminists and if you represent it in a game as a historical fact that that is that.

You have the right to be insulted or offended by a historical game representing rape and pillage as it happened but you don't have the right to shut it down on censor it because your feelings are hurt.

Humanity won't make progress by denying our evil wrong doings and vice but rather accept it and work hard to suppress it.

That impacts every single area of life. From money, power, morality to sex and violence. Lying about something and censoring it in the name of equal rights doesn't serve any purpose.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,510Registered Users

But I thought all Dwarfs were women?

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

HoneyBun said:

But I thought all Dwarfs were women?
    I know to quote myself is naughty, but I have to:

"Both elves and dwarfs, no one can tell the difference between male or female".
    iBlue said:

When it comes to games, any claims other than unfair representation is completely **** and wrong.

Even that's ****. If I create a universe where females don't exist... say just greenskins. Then so be it and so what. The free marketplace of ideas is a wonderful thing.
  • Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Posts: 424Registered Users
    SiWi said:

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are more different than people sometimes think, so I will divided them in judgement.

Deamons: don't really have gender, but Slaanesh has daemons with tits, if that is what makes something female for you.

CA has show in the past that they are willing to put women in (even if this is just for more variety) into they games, so I don't think that this has change now.

Don't forget Chaos warriors ^^
    But remember Deamons are the manifest of peoples dreams and psyche, so they look different from person to person but still represent their extreme side. So then you think they are female, they are females for you, but for other people who observed them they could be other things.
    for example Horrors:
    -they are the manifest of change, so some people would see a constant changing creature, or other would maybe see a voting pamphlet, because that is for them the power of change.
    - the same can be said about deamonettes they just represent your desires.
    I to want to see more females in the Empire rooster to be frank.
    Daemons are only a manifestation of dreams and psyche in 40k to be clear. No such thing in fantasy.

SiWi said:

Don't forget Chaos warriors ^^
    But remember Deamons are the manifest of peoples dreams and psyche, so they look different from person to person but still represent their extreme side. So then you think they are female, they are females for you, but for other people who observed them they could be other things.
    for example Horrors:
    -they are the manifest of change, so some people would see a constant changing creature, or other would maybe see a voting pamphlet, because that is for them the power of change.
    - the same can be said about deamonettes they just represent your desires.
    I to want to see more females in the Empire rooster to be frank.
    WoC= Warrior of Chaos

As for daemons: they can look female, but they are not actually female.
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,337Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    This is not about Total War WARHAMMER and political in nature too.

Therefore I'm moving and closing this thread.

This part of the forum is intented for for discussions directly related to Total War WARHAMMER.
    Political subjects are not allowed on these forums.
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This discussion has been closed.