Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer campaign (can we have more then 1v1)

ArminiusTotalWarArminiusTotalWar Junior MemberPosts: 25Registered Users
I've always wanted a huge game of friends fighting and back stabbing etc. and its never been possible without sending files and then the game takes months and people leave. If I say "please" can we have at least 4 (more would be nice) person free for all ( we can make alliances verbally if you don't want to add that just please increase MPC player cap.

This is me saying please... If its too late to add (most likely is can we have it as DLC) (please ill pay for it take my my money not my fun)

:smile: Have a dope day everyone !

Comments

• bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,790Registered Users
    I don't think it's in the first game. It will be almost identical to Atilla.

I would guess that a multiplayer DLC is possible, but I would imagine it would be more of a Free-DLC... it's pretty basic functionality of a Warhammer game to let people play each other.

The dream is a maaaasively unique and fully featured campaign that would ideally let a lot of people (up to 4 play)

The flip side is... multiplayer is notoriously difficult to do properly in TW. At least it is in the multiplayer campaigns. Just think of how long it takes to do turns now in 2 person campaigns..... multiply it by 2. They would need to solve that before anything else.

Would love it to happen though!
  • ArminiusTotalWarArminiusTotalWar Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    Me too I hope they add it, its already in the game just need them to raise the cap of player. If you do it with friends or people you know it goes a lot faster especially if you are talking on ts/skype or something. Currently the only way to play with more then 2 is by sending the save file and that takes months and you have to play on a schedule, which no one can do.

Me too I hope they add it, its already in the game just need them to raise the cap of player. If you do it with friends or people you know it goes a lot faster especially if you are talking on ts/skype or something. Currently the only way to play with more then 2 is by sending the save file and that takes months and you have to play on a schedule, which no one can do.

I play multiplayer with Skype and it still does take a little ling... with 4 it could be a little longer. But with 4 it could also be like hanging out with a bunch of friends too haha... It would be fun either way!
  • ArminiusTotalWarArminiusTotalWar Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited February 2016
    bennymcl said:

I play multiplayer with Skype and it still does take a little ling... with 4 it could be a little longer. But with 4 it could also be like hanging out with a bunch of friends too haha... It would be fun either way!
    yeah its like if you and your friends were thrown into a fantasy "game of thrones" scenario, which makes it more fun when you could be back stabbed or wrecked by a huge four person war at anytime and lets be honest at least in my experience the AI in campaign is too dumb to provide a real challenge like players can.

bennymcl said:

yeah its like if you and your friends were thrown into a fantasy "game of thrones" scenario, which makes it more fun when you could be back stabbed or wrecked by a huge four person war at anytime and lets be honest at least in my experience the AI in campaign is too dumb to provide a real challenge like players can.
    Some campaigns can certainly be quite challenging if you try to play them with self imposed goals... control certain areas by turn X for example.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the MP functionality being expanded. CA has made it clear on many occasions that they love to focus on the single player campaigns.