Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Failed to Host Game

squigglythingsquigglything Posts: 1Registered Users
edited December 2015 in Multiplayer
I have had this problem with Rome Total War 2 and have just discovered that I also have it on Attilla, but for some reason I don't have it with Shogun 2.

When I attempt to host a campaign, I get an error message that says 'failed to host game' . I get the same message for online and local network hosts. Trying to join another game tells me that the host game is unavailable.

I've already enabled all the permissions on my firewall for my total war games and done a complete clean install for Attilla and Rome- any help would be very appreciated!

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Posts: 1,677Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hiya,
    Our online services are integrated with the Steamworks platform. If you're unable to host or connect to any multiplayer games I'd recommend going to Steam support.
    Unfortunately there's not much we can really do on our end to resolve your issue.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.