Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 546Registered Users
    Why DirectX 11 ?!!!
    and about 60+ fps specs, isn't a 4790K too much for this game ?!! i think a 4770K is pretty enough. it seems the game hasn't been optimized good enough.
    Karl Franz Campaign ---> Finished
    Grimgor Campaign ---> Finished
    Mannfred Campaign ---> Finished
    Kroq Gar Campaign ---> Finished
    Settra Campaign ---> Finished
    Nakai Campaign ---> In Progress
  • CollateralCollateral Senior Member Posts: 407Registered Users
    Gwydion said:

I didn't mean to say that I don't think YT reviewers aren't helpful to some or anything like that, thats not what I was trying to say, I'm saying I'm from the generation when you picked up a game on a shelf looked and the back of the box and read the 1 or two paragraphs and examined those 3-4 screenshots harder than if it were under a microscope and you had to form your own opinion. I own many games that the internet considers bad or has never even heard of, NO ONE on my ENTIRE steam friends list had even heard of KOHAN before steam got a hold of it, and it has yet to be replicated and it STILL is an amazing game. haha oh man good times.

I fear these reviewers who review as a "career" can be a double edged sword, yes it will help you avoid scamful games and see if the game is to your tastes, as does the steam refund system now. I think they also discourage devs from being adventurous as well in some regards. Perfect example is SPAZ ( Space Pirates And Zombies) when the game starts up it says it like it should be said " Our company is made of 2 people. We couldn't find games like we used to play in our old days, so we made one" Basically saying you will either like it, or you won't, and we are ok with that.

Working for a game company myself you have no idea how angry it makes me ( even though it does make sense, its a business after all to most) how MUCH companies care about that stupid little line in the steam page under their games icon that says Mostly Negative, Negative , Fair, Positive, etc.

Companies should be worried about making a damn good game the way they want to, not to design them to get good reviews.

Gwydion said:

I hope its not catering to a new demographic, besides the obvious warhammer fans being new.

If I wanted some **** arcade RTS I'll go play starcraft 2 or DOTA. Total War games are like a good steak, they take time and effort to pay for, prepare, and enjoy. I felt like the Hunnic factions in attila heavily leaned in the direction of " Unkillable faction that endlessly spawns stacks for about half a normal campaign means more battles more excitement! yeahhhh everyone likes excitement, and flashing lights, and fire and explosions, and machine guns! Whew! " and trust me as a long time total war fan, I didn't care for it and I think after a few campaigns I went back to Rome 2 and previous titles and found I had MUCH more fun.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with calling kids poor, stupid, or any of that nonsense ( I don't think anyone was honestly trying to aim in that direct), however I do agree that there is a large portion of people that don't need youtubers to help them make a purchase.

HoneyBun said:

HoneyBun you may not like the reviewers system, but it something that has been requested by gamers on the whole as a backlash to this pre-order lacklustre launch developer culture of the last decade.

Well, they don't have to listen to me. But I think I represent a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers.

We are never catered to. The approach of marketing is, entirely focused on a much younger (largely poorer) demographic. So I think that by waffling on on this forum, I am giving CA some valuable feedback.

I couldn't give two hoots what some unqualified child thinks of the game. I have been a loyal customer for 13 years. CA has just irritated and inconvenienced me for a reason I simply cannot comprehend.

Well that's just how it is. It's misterious to me how you consider yourself to be a grown, educated and reasenobly wealthy person, and not see that this is just how things are. This is the world we have created. You seem to be a rare individual, and I can tell you, acting like this on the forums won't help your cause. You pretty much insulted the great majority of the gaming community, because the great majority are the 'poor kids'. So how do you now expect people to join you in your way of thinking?

Yeah sure you can say that you don't care about those 'poor kids' without brains of their own, but then you will only be doing more harm than good. You may think you are among a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers, but it's not really that sizeable I would argue. Although it's probably true for TW games and such. But this game is catering to a new demographic, and a much much wider one. So talknig like that about these people won't help a whole lot, as I said.
    Ok maybe it's not for a different demograpgic, but for a different type of gamers. You have to remember this is a fantasy title. And fantasy is a huge thing for many people. Of course, this is still an RTS, but I believe that with this trilogy CA wants to greatly increase their community (obviously). But it's not just for the TW and WAR fans, but many others that are into fantasy. And for those people, who never played a TW game, hell maybe even an RTS, youtubers might help a lot.

I myself enjoy a variety of different games and genres, time periods, fantasy settings etc. and I'm almost 21. Do I fall into that category of kids? I do like a good and honest review from time to time before buying a game. Because these are people who made their carrers by playing and reviewing videogames, even talking with devs and big companies. So I disagree that there's a lot of gamers who don't watch reviews and/or walkthroughs/LPs and so on. I don't know how else you are going to get an idea about the game before the purchase? I never ever bought a game by just seeing it somewhere and not knowing a thing about it but just thinking it seemed cool of whatever.

Youtube videos are just like reviews on steam, but you can actually see the game and how the person plays it and interacts with it. So if anything, I would trust a video more than a written review.

And I want to make clear, I am talking about people like myself. I am a student, I don't have a job so I don't have my own income. And spending my parents money on increasingly expensive games is not a thing I can do whenever I want. I am just giving you a different perspective here. I am really sorry for all the working people out there who booked time to play the game, it seriously sucks. I didn't even know people actually did that.

Well I completely understand where you are coming from. I am not that young either plus I started playing games pretty early (I remember watching my dad play shogun back in 2K, it totaly hooked me up), so I also remember having to buy hard copies of the games and watching those pics in the back. But yeah, lets not derail the thread anymore. It is what it is. Some like it, some don't. You can't please everyone I guess.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users

At this point I'd accept early access but it's not my call, shame that we can't have Closed Beta for those who pre ordered or with High King.

Mehh lost interestin in anything tbh even in Vampire Counts too much teasing with Ides of March, pushed release which is good and bad, well at least between 26th and 30th of April will book some holidays abroad and have to book more days of in May.. damn it I just really feel torn by this.

I should have known better they presented the demo in Pre Alpha, they posted two videos in early Beta and later in Alpha again... damn it all honestly, need a drink.

I am so glad I didn't take time off yet, I was about to request it too. I couldn't agree with you more in most regards

I'm still super excited for the game, however I now know I have to avoid the forums after the first review is out because details will leak into every thread that I'd rather just figure out myself and enjoy exploring the game myself.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 652Registered Users
    64 Bit is a wondrous surprise CA! Thank you very much!

No worries about pushing it back so long as we get a better game!
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,953Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Gwydion said:

At this point I'd accept early access but it's not my call, shame that we can't have Closed Beta for those who pre ordered or with High King.

Mehh lost interestin in anything tbh even in Vampire Counts too much teasing with Ides of March, pushed release which is good and bad, well at least between 26th and 30th of April will book some holidays abroad and have to book more days of in May.. damn it I just really feel torn by this.

I should have known better they presented the demo in Pre Alpha, they posted two videos in early Beta and later in Alpha again... damn it all honestly, need a drink.

I am so glad I didn't take time off yet, I was about to request it too. I couldn't agree with you more in most regards

I'm still super excited for the game, however I now know I have to avoid the forums after the first review is out because details will leak into every thread that I'd rather just figure out myself and enjoy exploring the game myself.
    I will definitely not going to avoid anything, that's just me I don't mind so called "spoilers" I wanna know everything and I will still enjoy it when the game comes out like now I'm watching every Dark Souls 3 video for example.
    Post edited by englisharcher89 on
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users

Perhaps stupid of me - but I booked two weeks off for this game.

I can't change them.

I am absolutely **** gutted. I'm serious. This is the absolute worst news I could have heard.

:'(

At least you have a chance to be one of the youtubers..
  • peggyvipeggyvi Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    Even if i understand their reasons this actually makes me very very sad. One entire additional month to wait, I don't know if i'll make it :( .

I expect CA to provide cookies to keep me alive trough the wait.
  • Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Posts: 673Registered Users
    Is Warhammer going to be form a as well ? Can't mom ca can you give us an answer I pre order this game on the Mac. And I can afford a Windows pc. So plz give an answer to this question.
  • FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Posts: 378Registered Users
    I'm always happy to hear developers decide take their time over a game, rather than rush a release and upset so many people with a lower quality game. We should all follow the example of the Dwarfs, it may take a while to craft, but the finished item should be as close to perfect as you are capable of.
  • NinjasoupNinjasoup Junior Member Posts: 116Registered Users

Perhaps stupid of me - but I booked two weeks off for this game.

I can't change them.

I am absolutely **** gutted. I'm serious. This is the absolute worst news I could have heard.

:'(

I did the same, although I may be able to change one of them :/
  • Gabs88Gabs88 Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users
    Take the time CA if you deem it necessary. I don't mind, at least you are being honest and tell us that the game need a little bit of testing and all.

Come on people we've waited so much for this kind of game, a little month more won't change a lot.

I am totaly confident in you CA
  • charlysparrowcharlysparrow Posts: 66Registered Users
    gabos88 said:

Take the time CA if you deem it necessary. I don't mind, at least you are being honest and tell us that the game need a little bit of testing and all.

Come on people we've waited so much for this kind of game, a little month more won't change a lot

Yes
    gabos88 said:

I am totaly confident in you CA

Maybe, Maybe not.
  • MurderinMurderin Senior Member Posts: 1,363Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Is this an early april fools joke? You got me.

Well you made up for the delay by finally starting to modernize your games. 64 bit was a long time coming.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,763Registered Users
    Wow this got out of hand fast. I'm disappointed it got pushed back but it's certainly not worth getting worked up over. Though I am jealous that @Indypride and others will be getting to experience the game "more thoroughly" before I do.

As for those saying that the game will be spoiled I do have to ask how? I don't know any YouTubers that are going to use lore heavy tactics like I will. Except for maybe Indy and Arch. Nobody I know of builds their armies like I do either. And there's some story elements but this is a craft your own story kind of game. I will definitely fight ahzogs ard armor quest battle but I would never ever use Greenskins in the same way as Darren.

On the other hand if people are concerned about the game being spoiled telling them not to watch the reviews is silly. Anybody who's excited enough about this game to hang around the forums waiting on new info isn't going to be able to not look at the game being played. Personally my morning schedule is check FB for New info come here for new info then go to YouTube to listen to people talk about new info! Lol seriously though I couldn't keep myself from watching others play this game if I lived in a cave. The discipline it would take not to watch would require training at a Buddhist temple.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Wow this got out of hand fast. I'm disappointed it got pushed back but it's certainly not worth getting worked up over. Though I am jealous that @Indypride and others will be getting to experience the game "more thoroughly" before I do.

As for those saying that the game will be spoiled I do have to ask how? I don't know any YouTubers that are going to use lore heavy tactics like I will. Except for maybe Indy and Arch. Nobody I know of builds their armies like I do either. And there's some story elements but this is a craft your own story kind of game. I will definitely fight ahzogs ard armor quest battle but I would never ever use Greenskins in the same way as Darren.

On the other hand if people are concerned about the game being spoiled telling them not to watch the reviews is silly. Anybody who's excited enough about this game to hang around the forums waiting on new info isn't going to be able to not look at the game being played. Personally my morning schedule is check FB for New info come here for new info then go to YouTube to listen to people talk about new info! Lol seriously though I couldn't keep myself from watching others play this game if I lived in a cave. The discipline it would take not to watch would require training at a Buddhist temple.

Discipline you lack, youngling XD
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,763Registered Users
    Gwydion said:

Discipline you lack, youngling XD
    Yeah lol good thing I'm Taoist not Buddhist
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

word
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Posts: 734Registered Users
    Sweet thanks for the update. And month delay no biggie as long as you promise some chaos vids! ;)
  • LandgigLandgig Posts: 120Registered Users
    Bretonnia for the delay does seem like a fair trade off? Haha nah better to be finished with minimal bugs then release like Rome 2! CA will you guys be showing any multiplayer footage at all soon?
  • spuddspudd WalesPosts: 212Registered Users
    I just pray they dont push it back further than may xD

Team Chaos

• lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,337Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    Good call CA.

Ofcourse it hurts having to wait even longer before I can finally try this game.
    But taking the time to deliver a great game ultimately is the best decision.
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • jamie0976jamie0976 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    Wow 7 weeks until launch and you decide to delay it now. Doesn't seem like the greatest move, glad I didn't pre-order.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    I guess I can survive a 30 FPS than 60.

Very unfortunate for the people that booked time off. However time off should have been taken care of closer rather than earlier :P
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,361Registered Users
    64-bit is great news.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Posts: 553Registered Users
    edited March 2016

I'm fine with the game being delayed a month, as I'm sure it is being done for good reason, and will give us all a better quality product in the end.

But as for the reviews, I won't be watching them. I get that they won't be playing in the specific way that I would, but I want to even keep the generalities to myself. And the reviewers attitude, positive or negative, bleeds through it all. I just like avoiding all that.

Getting these "snapshots" of the game that we have been getting over the past several months is great, and keeping my appetite wetted, but watching someone else play the complete game in front of me, while I sit on my hands, is not appealing to me. I understand I'm probably not in the majority there, though.
  • BoindilBoindil Posts: 459Registered Users
    First time I read it, I was very sad about this. Now that i thought about it, its getting better...

First of all: The systemspecs look good. I am happy to be able to play the game on high or maybe even ultra. ;)
    Then there is: This may subject to change. I strongly believe you mean: This could change for the better!

Whatever ;)

One more month till release...one more month is horrible to wait! But its better to wait then getting an unfinished game. I dont believe it will be bugfree at the end of May, I dont even think this is possible, but I at least expect a solid game that can get a 90+ raiting. I also amglad to hear that you want to show us more footage, which is great and also necessary to prevent us from falling of the hype train. Because at the moment I am very unhyped^^ guess I have to wait till march 15th.

So what is it about the 64 bit? Can somebody pls explain to me what difference I can expect? ;)

So alltogether i am not toooo unhappy about the release date delay, but I do expect CA to make a game its worth waiting for...and please give us archers for the empire it cant be that hard :)

I'm fine with the game being delayed a month, as I'm sure it is being done for good reason, and will give us all a better quality product in the end.

But as for the reviews, I won't be watching them. I get that they won't be playing in the specific way that I would, but I want to even keep the generalities to myself. And the reviewers attitude, positive or negative, bleeds through it all. I just like avoiding all that.

Getting these "snapshots" of the game that we have been getting over the past several months is great, and keeping my appetite wetted, but watching someone else play the complete game in front of me, while I sit on my hands, is not appealing to me. I understand I'm probably not in the majority there, though.
    Couldn't agree more. watching someone else play this game that I have been looking forward to more than any other game doesn't sound good ... blegh this whole thing leaves a sour taste
  • MurderinMurderin Senior Member Posts: 1,363Registered Users
    I just realized that the 60 FPS on Ultra with a 980 is with a few settings turned off or reduced. MLAA is basically just as bad as FXAA when it comes to ruining picture quality. I don't understand why artists pour their heart and soul into creating game models and textures and then ruin them with horrible post process effects.

So basically in order to run this game at a stable 60 FPS with real maximum settings and true anti aliasing you will need something beyond a 980. Perhaps even 8GB of VRAM. Which leaves two options, 980ti or the Titan X.

Couldn't agree more except more than bennymcl :D

• BARbarian89BARbarian89 Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    Very happy about the 64 bit thing,quite happy with the reasonable specs (i might be able to play on high except some minor details),not so happy about the delay,but if it is used to polish the game i'm ok with it...super glad i didn't ask for away time at work!