Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How can I convert to Arianism as the Visigoths?

Anund_GraenhjalmAnund_Graenhjalm Junior MemberPosts: 57Registered Users
I am trying to make the historical journey the Visigoths did and fulfill all the minor objectives they have. But I have a problem, the Visigoths are in the start Germanic pagan (which makes no sense as Alaric was an Arian Christian) and it is impossible to convert because the percentage of religion is always very low so it is impossible to fulfill the Religious Devotion chapter objective. What can I do?
Any help will be appreciated.
Glorious Crusader for Arian Visigoths

Team Visigoths

Comments

• Arcanus97Arcanus97 Senior Member The SouthPosts: 810Registered Users
    Conquer a primarily Arian region for about a turn, convert, begin migration, viola. Although there is the minor inconvenience of loosing all your horde buildings so it might be best to do this early game.
    Grace CA wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome our new Corgi overlords.

• Anund_GraenhjalmAnund_Graenhjalm Junior Member Posts: 57Registered Users
    Arcanus said:

Conquer a primarily Arian region for about a turn, convert, begin migration, viola. Although there is the minor inconvenience of loosing all your horde buildings so it might be best to do this early game.

The problem is that there is not any 35% Arian province, not even in the first turn.

Team Visigoths
  • wealthyempirewealthyempire Senior Member USAPosts: 1,125Registered Users
    edited March 2016

The problem is that there is not any 35% Arian province, not even in the first turn.

I think the closest you can get is to send a reasonable sized army south to take Alexandria. Aegyptus reaches 35% arian by about turn 10. You might get caught at sea so try to make it as short a trip as possible.

You'll have to recruit another army in Greece and build it up from scratch. Disband the southern army after you convert to Arian. Remember to dismantle your buildings before settling in Alexandria.

http://i.imgur.com/36zwAUT.jpg?1

Guides and other informative threads
    S2, RotS, FotS Economic Quick Reference Guides
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462317
    Check out post #2 (S2) and post #9 (RotS) for other informative threads
    The Sekigahara Campaign 2012 TWC Modding Awards Winner (Team Member)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1841
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Posts: 524Registered Users
    I don't know if this is possible (I'm pretty ignorant as to how the game's data is laid out) but can the starting religion of a faction be modded?
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,191Registered Users

I don't know if this is possible (I'm pretty ignorant as to how the game's data is laid out) but can the starting religion of a faction be modded?

start_pos_factions is the table you are looking for.
    edited March 2016

start_pos_factions is the table you are looking for.
    So is it simply a case of finding the entry for the Visigoths and changing the religion to whatever Arian Christianity is labelled as?

EDIT: Wait, there's already a mod for this on the workshop!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=474828324&searchtext=arian
    Rome II Campaigns

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,191Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Yes, it is.

But you also have to bake an entirely new startpos file which is a bit more elaborate than changing other tables.

ETA:
    Be aware that using the mod from the workshop also means you can't use any other mods that use a modified startpos file.
    edited March 2016

Yes, it is.

But you also have to bake an entirely new startpos file which is a bit more elaborate than changing other tables.

ETA:
    Be aware that using the mod from the workshop also means you can't use any other mods that use a modified startpos file.

Ah ok. I'll bear that in mind. Most of the mods I use are cosmetic, or fairly minor so hopefully I can avoid that being an issue. Push comes to shove, I'll try having a go myself.
    Rome II Campaigns

Attila Campaigns
  • Anund_GraenhjalmAnund_Graenhjalm Junior Member Posts: 57Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    CA, please change te Visigoths' religion to Arian Christan. It makes historically far more sense than them being Germanic pagan. This will end the problem with startpost mods, Chapter III objectives and anachronisms.

Team Visigoths
  • KruegerCondailKruegerCondail Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    grand campaign 2.0 solves your problems. it changesthe visigoths to arianism and also fixes pretty much every other issue i had with the game