Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will chaos be just one fraction or multiple?

Hark10Hark10 Registered Users Posts: 12
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Will there only be one chaos undivided faction or will there also be other chaos factions which worship the individual gods?

Also will there chaos Demon armies?
Post edited by Hark10 on
Tagged:

Comments

• D3stiinyD3stiiny Registered Users Posts: 122
    edited April 2016
    not for individual gods but chaos undivided/demons/beastmen (later in the triology) will be the factions of chaos
    guess they will add some godspecific things later
    till then its just represented through attachable banners
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    From the looks of it, there will be one "Chaos" faction and a couple of Norscan tribes.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • octavian1127octavian1127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,278
    Faction list had the Chaos Horde (playable with DLC) and two unplayable, non-horde Norscan tribes. I'm guessing that the tribes will not have access to the full WoC roster even if you have the DLC, but there has been no comment on that as of yet.
    |Sith|Octavian
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited April 2016
    At launch there will be Warriors of Chaos, They will be generic undivided forces with no visable aligned units (The exception being Sigvald who is a LL aligned with Slannesh)

Other Chaos factions we will likely see over the course of the trilogy:

.Beastmen
    .Daemons of Chaos
    .Skaven*
    .Chaos Dwarfs* (we saw some crewing the Hellcanons)

*These factions are not directly aligned with the four great Chaos Gods but instead worship their own deitys.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252
    The fact that chaos is lumped into one faction is ****, I don't care if they don't want to do god specific stuff or daemons or anything... its the fact that 99% of the time chaos spends its time fighting other chaos.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,457
    I wonder how the Chaos Mark system will work, if it's gonna change visually units and colors, I absolutely love how you can change the look of the ships in Battlefleet Gothic with different upgrades and marks of chaos.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gwydion said:

The fact that chaos is lumped into one faction is ****, I don't care if they don't want to do god specific stuff or daemons or anything... its the fact that 99% of the time chaos spends its time fighting other chaos.

"Chaos" as a faction in the game is supposed to just represent Archaon's Horde, not the entirety of the chaos wastes. And like pointed out earlier, there are 2 Norscan chaos tribes in the game that do fight each other in addition to everyone else.
    |Sith|Octavian
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    Gwydion said:

They fight each other in the Chaos Wastes. The Chaos Wastes are only barely represented in this game. When Chaos marches south, they are unified.
    ò_ó
  • steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252
    Warlocke said:

Gwydion said:

They fight each other in the Chaos Wastes. The Chaos Wastes are only barely represented in this game. When Chaos marches south, they are unified.
    I agree with everything you and everyone else said, as long as when the Chaos Wastes get fleshed out its represented correctly I'll be happy.

I wasn't aware that it was just supposed to represent archaons horde.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Merwanor#8518Merwanor#8518 Member Registered Users Posts: 502
    As much as i would love to have a choice in what type of chaos army I want to use. Like a complete Khorne Chaos army for instance. I doubt it will be like that. Would be way too much work for CA I think. But hopefully they will do something like that later on in the trilogy.
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,760
    I too hope for them to open the Chaos Wastelands and Northern Wastes with god specific factions etc...Its a game right there IMO.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

^if that's true then why have a champion of slannesh and Kholek as the other LL options instead of Archaons 4?

"Archaon's Four" has changed multiple times though the lore and only Valkia is in the 8e army list out of the iteration during the supposed time frame the game is set in. Sigvald is considered to be one the four in End Times though. I imagine you get Kholek cause, well he's Kholek...
    |Sith|Octavian
  • DarksiderDarksider Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2016

I too hope for them to open the Chaos Wastelands and Northern Wastes with god specific factions etc...Its a game right there IMO.

Yes , it would be great if a player could chose a tribe/horde devoted to one of the four Chaos gods and than vie for supremacy against the others ; if successful the newly formed Chaos Undivided would then proceed to lay low the southern nations.
    In the current instance I don't see Chaos having any difficulty in advancing southwards after building up higher tier units. I mean , what stands in your way at first? Two Norscan tribes and Kraka Drak ? Really? Don't see any trouble with that.

As far as I know , Chaos Wastes are a place of constant eternal struggle between myriad warbands confronting each other over divine favor or something else.
  • RAMPZYRAMPZY Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 219

^if that's true then why have a champion of slannesh and Kholek as the other LL options instead of Archaons 4?

While this game will not follow End Times, Kholek and Sigvald did follow Archaon into battle. And from all the named lords in TT 8th edition i think these guys make the most sense without being Daemons.