Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA Liars?

NerfTheGoatsNerfTheGoats KernowPosts: 77Registered Users
Context:

"*These units are exclusive to the Chaos Warriors Race Pack and will not appear in the base game if you do not have the DLC.."

So maybe it's too early in the morning but I swear in the video below they say that even if you don't buy the chaos DLC / preorder the game, then all the chaos units will still be in the base game to fight against. Then why does the updated wiki state that this isn't the case.
Sorry CA if I have read/understood this wrong.

But if I haven't then shame on you CA. Shame.

Team Lizardmen

Comments

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,018Registered Users
    edited April 2016
    Eeeerm no they have not lied. They quite clearly state all the Chaos units in this battle will be in the base game to fight against (which is correct)

1:12
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• bbeslybbesly Member GermanyPosts: 269Registered Users
    in before closed...

seriously: who needs the thread nr. 1034 about that chaos DLC - Basegame discussion?!
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,363Registered Users, Moderators
    What the Skaven said said.

In that video, the Chaos units on display are in the game anyway. But the DLC will give access to different ones and make the faction playable.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • NerfTheGoatsNerfTheGoats KernowPosts: 77Registered Users
    Ah I remember watching a while ago and took in the info (that I barely paid attention to because game play) as DLC not required for full chaos experience.

In that case then, still shame on you CA.
    Team Lizardmen
  • GasolineGasoline Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    Machiavellian marketing?
  • Zatrakus95Zatrakus95 Posts: 708Registered Users
    It was stated that some units, including ones we could see on gameplay will be AI controlled without dlc. Others will be available and appear in game if one has dlc.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,363Registered Users, Moderators
    Gasoline said:

Machiavellian marketing?

Why does everyone be so mean to good ole Nicky? He was focused on the good of the people under a Prince or Republic. Machiavellian marketing would be about marketing in the best way for those who CA are responsible for.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GasolineGasoline Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Gasoline said:

Machiavellian marketing?

Why does everyone be so mean to good ole Nicky? He was focused on the good of the people under a Prince or Republic. Machiavellian marketing would be about marketing in the best way for those who CA are responsible for.
    Actually if they were true to his word they would release all the DLC at the same time ;)
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,337Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited April 2016
    As Grey Seer Thanquol pointed out you misunderstood (misinterpreted) what was mentioned in the video.
    The units in the video will all be in the base game. That's not the same as all Chaos units.

*CLOSED*
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This discussion has been closed.