Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just wondering about rat-people

skeletonguyskeletonguy Registered Users Posts: 30
Why is Skaven not going to be in the first game. Skavenblight their capital is located in the old world so to me atleast it makes no sense to introduce them in a later game that is not in the old world.

Comments

• koaxialkoaxial Member Registered Users Posts: 170
    money, time, necessity.

• TeromadTeromad Registered Users Posts: 67
    Probably for the same reason that the Wood Elves are not in. The Skaven would need a massive amount of work to do them justice. I expect that they will be in the same expansion that adds the Tomb Kings and Ogers. The map would include the part of the Old World where Skavenblight is.
  • mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,085
    You can't have all the cool races in game one! Gotta spread them out ;)
  • Beast3123Beast3123 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Teromad said:

Probably for the same reason that the Wood Elves are not in. The Skaven would need a massive amount of work to do them justice. I expect that they will be in the same expansion that adds the Tomb Kings and Ogers. The map would include the part of the Old World where Skavenblight is.

what he said plus its going to be a trilogy they cant add 10 of the 15 major factions in the first game which is why beastmen and daemons are also not it
    Team Dwarf Team Chaos dwarf Team Lizardmen
  • Krunch#7448Krunch#7448 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,480
    Because Skaven could make literally any game worth it, they are too valuable to be DLC or included in a game that already has most of the popular factions in Warhammer already in it. The Skaven are a game seller, and they will be highly advertised with whatever release they come with, I assure you.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,073
    By that rationale, Beastmen, Wood Elves and Daemons would have been auto-includes too. I don't think it's as easy as saying "they'd be on the map."

The Skaven are not major players in the Old World. They operate in the shadows and purposefully hide themselves. Many in the Empire deny they even exist at all. So the more hidden races (Skaven, Beastmen and Wood Elves) don't appear in the first game as it focuses on the big players and the major events.

Future games will likely see us get High Elves, Dark Elves and Daemons fighting over Ulthuan, you'd imagine. Skaven will also likely be major players in a game. Then you can have Tomb Kings featuring in an expansion based around a Bretonnian Crusade etc....lots of ways to add races in in intelligent ways.

I think CA have struck a good balance between realistic goals and content.
  • IagoArmengolIagoArmengol Registered Users Posts: 53
    Skavens will be probably in Lustria, fighting Lizzardmens, dark elves , demons, and so on. On the other hand I think wood elves and beastmen will be in a dlc camping focused in Athel Loren.

It is just an opinion, who knows :) First of all I would play this first game, then I would see.
    No one expects the Skarsnik inquisition.