Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help! disc not recognised.

drillbit1drillbit1 Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited August 2010 in Medieval II: Total War
My medieval 2: total war disc will not appear on my DVD RW drive, ive have tried many things to make it appear but so far no luck. i'm running vista 32 bit. DVD/CD-ROM drives = HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT10N ATA Device. disk drives = hitachi HTS543232L9A300 ATA Device.

the computer itself is more then able to run this game and i see no other reason then Drivers, can someone offer some in site into this problem?

I think I've tried every idea for what may be causing this problem and i am open to more suggestion. someone smart PLEASE help me out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by drillbit1 on

Comments

• Celt1114Celt1114 Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I had this problem because of two issues.
    1. My M2TW game was very old. I bought it the day the game was released and it had a fair share of scratches and nicks on it.
    2. My DVD ROM was dying. It would read other newer games but not my favorite M2TW :(

I fixed it by buying a new DVD RAM drive from amazon.com for $25.00 and now it works great again.

If you can, try and see if a different computers DVD ROM will read the disks.
    If it can, you probably need to pick up a new DVD ROM or RAM drive. Also check for scratches and nicks on the disks.:)
  • drillbit1drillbit1 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    I only just got the game on monday and its the gold edition, i was trying to install it to my laptop wich being a laptop i know isnt the best idea, but the spec is more then enough, it just wont read it.

ive now installed it on my old school computer that i had to get a g-card for lol.

ive searched the internet twice over and still havnt found a reason for why it wouldnt work on the laptop but oh well at least i can play it. thanks for the reply anyways.
  • Celt1114Celt1114 Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    You're very welcome, good luck! :)