Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What kind of blood and gore do you want?

knodo85knodo85 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,135
A stylized awesome version like in Shogun 2 or the more realistic blood and gore like we saw in Rome 2 or attila? Personally I by far prefer the style of shogun 2s blood effects. From the crazy spurts to the blood splashing on my screen when I zoom too close. I hope they go that route. But maybe with more of a "misty explosion" effect instead of the spurting, to better fit the theme. The effects in Rome 2 and attila I found incredibly dull and just ugly.

Comments

• Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    either way would work for me.. but at this moment the game seems to be lacking what would make the blood look really good..combat animations.
  • DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 404
    The messier, the merrier...
  • GalakhanGalakhan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 467
    I can go with any blood and gore
    Von Carstein
    Dark Elfs
    Warriors of Chaos
    "Those are brave men out there! Lets go kill them!"-Tyrion Lannister
  • tricky-steptricky-step Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 204
    Like Shogun 2 I would be fine with. But why stop at decapitations when it comes to dismemberment? Chop an arm off or something :D
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    I would like to see some heads rolling on the floor. Da choppa needz to cut heads off!

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • panzerschreckpanzerschreck Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 225
    I want realistic blood but I don't want the men all covered of lood that's silly, just wounds, décapitations and nice animations.
    THE GREAT WAR MOD Team/MAPPER
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    edited May 2016

Like Shogun 2 I would be fine with. But why stop at decapitations when it comes to dismemberment? Chop an arm off or something :D

True. I never knew why that wasn't a thing.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,018
    edited May 2016
    I want some colour in my blood pack. Spiders with blue blood, greenskins red blood with a purplish tinge, lots of regular red, Forsaken and Spawn with black ichor for blood.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,583
    edited May 2016
    I thougt blood splatters on the screen and extremely shaky camera's when zooming in were very, very abnoxious. However, i do like blood effects
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135

I want some colour in my blood pack. Spiders with blue blood, greenskins red blood with a purplish tinge, lots of regular red, Forsaken and Spawn with black ichor for blood.

Wow good idea. I'm assuming that's actually how they differ in lore? If so that would make the blood pack 10x more awesome.
  • PlaidShirtsPlaidShirts Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 280
    Galakhan said:

I can go with any blood and gore

Yeah, any right now would be good. That's the one thing that feels like it's missing to me. But for when it comes, I hope it comes with numerous added effects and animations, not just blood and gore. People turning to gold statues if killed by the right spell would be sweeeet.

• TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 774
    I want man things blood yes yes

For the horned rat
    Team skaven
  • King_BobKing_Bob Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 48
    I want a blood and gore that dont take 10-20 Fps like last time.
    It runs so great on Ultra i dont want to change that with blood and gore.
  • ShoesaladShoesalad Registered Users Posts: 1
    Realism, realism, realism. I'm one for well placed, not excessive gore, but still in an incredibly violent way. For instance, instead of constant decapitations and massive clouds of misty blood, use partial decapitations and squirting or pooling blood. Historically, public beheadings would often take multiple swings, and were very gruesome, so it is definitely odd to watch a Roman Soldier decapitate a Visigoth as if he were swinging a knife through hot butter.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,650

Yes, yes yes! Rise, my minion, riiiiiiise! :lol:
    Don't worry.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,253
    Setrus said:

It would be funny if people automatically got an unreplacable necromancer Avatar for a brief span of time after they raise threads from the dead. Then again, it might encourage such behaviour.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,572
    I hate Blood Splater on screen.

What is this? Im a cameraman?

I want to see the animations up-close and see them bleeding without distracting my view.

Blood splatter on screen blocks my view from seeing those animation....
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    Canuovea said:

Setrus said:

It would be funny if people automatically got an unreplacable necromancer Avatar for a brief span of time after they raise threads from the dead. Then again, it might encourage such behaviour.
    "Such is the power of Nagash."
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,283
    What kind of blood and gore you want?
    Does bathing in the blood of my enemies count?
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• BDMblueBDMblue Registered Users Posts: 217

What kind of blood and gore you want?
    Does bathing in the blood of my enemies count?

I hear if they are virgins it returns your youth. Also makes people want to light you on fire..... strange
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    i prefer the more realistic but still a bit exegerated styles of Rome II and Attila (and TW WH) over the way it was in Shogun II... that reminded me of a splatter anime/Manga like Hellsing... and in the Manga/anime it can look good... but in Shogun II it looked far to over the top
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Lupos_DavalteLupos_Davalte Registered Users Posts: 59
    I want the blood pack toned down a notch... It's just silly how by the end of a battle, pretty much every unit that has survived a melee is covered from head to toe in blood... I understand a solid amount of gore, but it's a bit much at the moment.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,762
    The only dlc I've not gotten and don't ever plan to is the Blood for the Blood God one so I'm going to have to say; I don't give a hoot.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,066
    There is a awesome mod that tone down the effects and particles making them more realistic.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715878344
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 658
    is there a mod that leaves the animations and blood, BUT the blood doesnt stick to models (so the models dont get dirty..)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    corvo said:

There is a awesome mod that tone down the effects and particles making them more realistic.

well tbh... imho that's actually a tad too realistic for Warhammer... and as i said... atleast i dont mind having it a bit over the top (especially since you can then see it better if zoomed out)... i know you mostly refered that to Lupos but i wanted to mention it
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937

corvo said:

well tbh... imho that's actually a tad too realistic for Warhammer... and as i said... atleast i dont mind having it a bit over the top (especially since you can then see it better if zoomed out)... i know you mostly refered that to Lupos but i wanted to mention it
    This mod is really nice in reducing the amount of blood on the models as they really tend to end up red for head to toe but I like the vanilla big blood splurts and guts flying.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,710
    I cast my vote for realism.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Does Sigvald still get bloody?
    Dalakh said:

corvo said:

This mod is really nice in reducing the amount of blood on the models as they really tend to end up red for head to toe but I like the vanilla big blood splurts and guts flying.
    bingo... yes the amount of blood on the models should be reduced. it shouldnt look like this

but having the rest to a certain stage over the top (but less than Shogun 2) is in my opinion fully OK to have it nicely visible even from bird vie

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'