Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

GTX 1080

Fireman_slimeFireman_slime Registered Users Posts: 55
Hello everyone,

I have finale decided what pc I want to buy for total war warhammer,

I have decided to go with the "GTX 1080" once it is available ofcourse, but here's my problem, on the site where I am planning to buy my pc " http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity_X55_SE_1080/"

the "GeForce® GTX TITAN X 12GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card VR READY (Single Card)" cost more 360 pounds more than the
"GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card VR READY"

Even though the gtx 1080 is supposed to be better than the titan it's a lot cheaper, is this me being a complete and utter moron or is the gtx 1080 just cheaper even though it is faster (this would make zero sense since people would have no reason to go and get the titan anymore since the higher price and worse performance)

Is there anyone who can enlighten me on this issue?

Comments

• IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,576
    Titan cost more to make as it is older tech and for certain things is maybe prefered to 1080 but for gaming the 1080 is way better. Parts costs don't alwaya make sense... some ancient parts from 1980s in my old job cost thousands to replace even though way slower than newer the system they ran in cost millions to replace so...
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • EaglePhoenixEaglePhoenix Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,270
    1080 is only better for gaming.
    Team Empire!..and also tiny lil bit VC - but shhh

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file