Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

more advanced diplomacy

norsenorse Junior MemberminnesotaRegistered Users Posts: 94
Ive noticed in many recent Total War games, but as it is right now, Total War: Warhammer have very underwhelming diplomacy. How is it that basic diplomacy mechanics are never put in when CA did them years ago already?

So what all diplomacy options do you guys want to come back, and what new diplomacy options do you guys want to see?

Comments

• BuRnInICEBuRnInICE Junior Member QLD, AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 18
    Diplomacy has always been very bland in their games and yeah it needs expanding. I believe it's the AI restrictions. The AI development of the game has been stuck at a certain level for quite some time now. It's rigid/static and buggy. You can see when it's having troubles trying to work out what to do. I think if the AI system was much more complex it would allow much better/deeper/broader diplomacy options.

It's rare to feel like allies are helping, or that it's beneficial to help allies. People will only accept trade if you work on making their face a happy face first :P - Surely some people accept trade because they're in a dire situation? The war Co-Ordination Target was put in to help the player tell their allies what to do. It's just all a bit....clunky.

I feel like things are more randomised in Civ 5 then any of the Total Wars I've played since Shogun 2.
  • SpaceOrcSpaceOrc Registered Users Posts: 17
    TW ware always simplified, obviously I want each part of the game working as well as possible, but so far I only lacked option to request another nation to withdraw from being a vassal of another faction (which should be difficult and very costly, but option for that would be nice).

Coordination marker is fine but limited a bit, I'd love to see an option to request to conquer/raze any province neighbouring to an ally, even if it would involve high cost - e.g I pay you 10k to raise an army and raze "X".
  • norsenorse Junior Member minnesotaRegistered Users Posts: 94

TW ware always simplified, obviously I want each part of the game working as well as possible, but so far I only lacked option to request another nation to withdraw from being a vassal of another faction (which should be difficult and very costly, but option for that would be nice).

Coordination marker is fine but limited a bit, I'd love to see an option to request to conquer/raze any province neighbouring to an ally, even if it would involve high cost - e.g I pay you 10k to raise an army and raze "X".

Requesting A make peace with B is a more basic option than any of those, and it still is not in the game. Neither is the option to ask for territory swaps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file