Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedDisplay adapter disconnect

BrahimBugBrahimBug Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 592
edited June 2016 in Performance & Graphics
Hi,

I just wanted to raise an issue I seem to be having with Total War. It occurred a couple of months back with Attila and now again with Warhammer - it was fixed, but the issue is that it has happened again.

Basically, I have two AMD Radeon R9 M290X cards on my laptop - but for some reason they disappear and my laptop starts running on the intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

When I go into my devices the Radeon cards do not show up - I have to view hidden devices, then when I click on properties of the AMD card it says:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code: 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

On the Total War launcher the "play" button tells me my display drivers might not be up to date - but they are.

I play multiple games but the first time this happened was when I was playing Atilla, and now again during Warhammer - the graphics cards just disappear all of a sudden. I was wondering if anyone is aware of such an issue? It is related to Total War or is it just a coincidence?

Thank you.
Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file