Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Mod request] Empire provincial regiments

ApolloDiomedesApolloDiomedes New Brunswick, CanadaPosts: 2Registered Users
edited June 2016 in Community Mods
Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was wondering the feasibility of a mod which (in my limited dev knowledge) seems pretty straightforward but would bring a lot of flair to the battlefield. As the Empire is a very decentralized entity, and each province is essentially its own domain, it makes sense lore-wise that as it's united, the provincial style of the soldiers would be retained.

I was wondering if a mod could be created wherein if I built a barracks in the province of Middenland, the units recruited to my armies would retain the Middenland colour scheme. Same for Marienburg, Talabecland, so on and so forth.

It just struck me as a relatively easy cosmetic idea (or maybe it isn't, hence why I'm asking), and I think with a 20+ unit stack, the colour variation would look very smart.

Cheers,

ApolloDiomedes

p.s Absolutely loving the game so far too. Very pleased with the end result, and for me, the hype was real.

Comments

• BheringBhering NorwayPosts: 198Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    I'm a mod-user myself (not a modder). The way I understand it there ui no quick and easy way of doing this with the current mod-tools. But judgeing by other mods it should be possible with a lot of work and would be very cool.

It would also go very well together with a uniform overhaul in the spirit of those individual unitform reskins already being done individually.

One way of doing it would be to replace the generic buildings with faction-specific (that are only available for human factions) regional special buildings. You'd additionally have to make every regional empire unit a unique special unit to prevent it from attaining the default empire colors.

The mod could be further expanded with the mod(s) that introduce special empire units for balanced regional special units. It should probably be a seperate companion mod tho.

If using the human levys mod for vampire counts, you could do the above procedure for vampire counts aswell to showcase how the counts impose their nightmare rule over the humans all over the empire. The units in this mod is allready well-balanced imo. It should also be a separate companion mod tho.

I'm guessing it would be a whole lot of work, but it would make for one kick-ass immersive mod!

<3
  • ApolloDiomedesApolloDiomedes New Brunswick, CanadaPosts: 2Registered Users
    @Rimne

Thanks for the insight. Ahah yeah, that definitely sounds much more complicated than I had envisioned.

I guess mod-beggers can't be mod-choosers.
  • stejar2stejar2 Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    I have attempted to create this mod and it works pretty good. It however messes with the building browser ui and global recruitment as there are so many new units.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    edited June 2016
    stejar2 said:

I have attempted to create this mod and it works pretty good. It however messes with the building browser ui and global recruitment as there are so many new units.

It's damn cool. I'm following it to see how it goes! :)
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • warhydra1313warhydra1313 Posts: 175Registered Users
    can anyone help? i am trying to make an ethereal twin sword unit for the empire...any tips?
    Team Shanyue,Team Xiongnu,Team Nanman,Team Jin,Team Daemons of Chaos,Team Dawi Zharr,Team Ogres,Team TEB,Team Araby,Team Vamp. Coast
    I have no idea khaz, but I'd reccommend making a seperate thread for it :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file