Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I love demigryph spam and general instant kill spell spam general sniping!!!

Comments

• Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,259Registered Users
    Summary:

"i just got owned by an Empire army on MP"

TO DA FORUMS!!!!!
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    Rochaid29 said:

Summary:

TO DA FORUMS!!!!!

it was probably to your Empire demigryph spam army. good game! :p
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,630Registered Users
    Rochaid29 said:

Summary:

TO DA FORUMS!!!!!

Sad but true
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,784Registered Users
    I can understand where the OP is coming from seeing as I remember the all cavalry spam army from Shogun 2 and CA put a maximum cavalry cap into the game as to prevent cavalry spam. However, my question is did the guy perform a "bleed through" where he was constantly click to get his cav to push through your lines forcing your forces to flee, even if they took two casualties? Or, was it just a single unit killing another unit?
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • fiddlersitchfiddlersitch Posts: 38Registered Users

Bump the MP unit cost, and maybe even the SP cost and maintenance, but leave the stats alone please.

I could go with that, theyre end game anyhoo so you should hAve the gold by then. But rrmember less able players will be helped greatly by units like these and if they end up unrealistically expensive in sp many new players might just give up. These powerful units really help newer less experienced players get to grips with and enjoy the late game
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users

HoneyBun said:

Playing multiplayer games online is fundamentally frustrating. That's because people don't like to lose.

What is frustrating for single player gamers is when their brilliant single player game is ruined by the unceasing (and often contradictory) cries of the people who just lost a game playing multiplayer.

It ruined the unit rosters in Rome 2.

I hope CA ignores you all.

get good

Perhaps you should get better.
  • Mario118Mario118 Member Posts: 225Registered Users

Rochaid29 said:

Summary:

TO DA FORUMS!!!!!

it was probably to your Empire demigryph spam army. good game! :p
    I use this tactic. Get over it.

PERIOD. END OF STORY.
  • mrindigo00mrindigo00 Posts: 104Registered Users

HoneyBun said:

Playing multiplayer games online is fundamentally frustrating. That's because people don't like to lose.

What is frustrating for single player gamers is when their brilliant single player game is ruined by the unceasing (and often contradictory) cries of the people who just lost a game playing multiplayer.

This.

Also the balance is pretty great when it comes to multiplayer.

Which is why we have NERF all races threada all over the forums by the losing whiners

You are just someone who wants to steamroll everything with Empire.

Empire is broken beyond belief in SP as well with advantages not only in unit roster but also having only 1 enemy besides Chaos,VC, who are lead by an incompetent AI that cannot hold more than 2 provinces.

Even if you lower all of Empire unit stats by 80% people will still be steamrolling to long vctories before turn 100 if they choose.

Every race should be buffed except the Empire which should get like an 90% nerf to everything.

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,738Registered Users
    edited June 2016

Bump the MP unit cost, and maybe even the SP cost and maintenance, but leave the stats alone please.

I could go with that, theyre end game anyhoo so you should hAve the gold by then. But rrmember less able players will be helped greatly by units like these and if they end up unrealistically expensive in sp many new players might just give up. These powerful units really help newer less experienced players get to grips with and enjoy the late game

Again, with respect (and there's a lot of that lacking in this thread [not by you, I hasten to add]), I don't think it's right to say that it's good to have a specific unit to help new players, as it's clearly just going to exploited by the others. The modes, Easy, Normal, Hard etc. are there for that purpose; not a unit that makes a late-game steamroll (relatively) easy regardless.

I agree that yes, you could limit it, and I for one wouldn't dream of recruiting them, but that's a choice we can make either way in SP (with a few minutes of modding); but it's not a choice for MP users (again, I have a foot in both camps).
    Post edited by dodge33cymru on
  • cornishrcornishr Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    Is why I only play single player custom battles. 40 unit stacks, I'd never have more than one at most two of any of the elite units. I like low end rank and file composing most of the troops, as they should. No interest whatsoever in just watching 8 terrorgheists fighting 8 units of demigryphs or such nonsense.
    mrindigo said:

HoneyBun said:

This.

Also the balance is pretty great when it comes to multiplayer.

Which is why we have NERF all races threada all over the forums by the losing whiners

You are just someone who wants to steamroll everything with Empire.

Empire is broken beyond belief in SP as well with advantages not only in unit roster but also having only 1 enemy besides Chaos,VC, who are lead by an incompetent AI that cannot hold more than 2 provinces.

Even if you lower all of Empire unit stats by 80% people will still be steamrolling to long vctories before turn 100 if they choose.

Every race should be buffed except the Empire which should get like an 90% nerf to everything.

You are so clueless you dont even know VC is the strongest mp army.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Phoenix99Phoenix99 Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    1) VC
    2 / 3) Empire / Orcs
    4) WoC
    5) Brettonia
    6) Dwarfs
  • gatormarinediazgatormarinediaz Member Posts: 407Registered Users
    I don't play MP, but surely regardless of which faction is best overall, it's possible that DGs are overpowered considering their cost.
    They are, that's not even an argument that they are too good for the cost, they need like +30-50% increase in cost, but that's it
    DP1982SK said:

They are, that's not even an argument that they are too good for the cost, they need like +30-50% increase in cost, but that's it

They are not.

Some units could use a price drop/buff however.

Some cav, some artillery mainly.

Demigryphs are easy to counter if you know how to play. The whiners dont want to learn to play though. Instead they come here with the constant whines when they get wtfpwnt in multiplayer
  • mrindigo00mrindigo00 Posts: 104Registered Users
    Empire units can take a -25% nerf across the board.

The DGKs and rest of Empire roster need to be nerfed as well in SP, at least for the player. The Empire campaign is cyrrently a snoozefest due to how superior the Empire unit roster is, especially when you have **** AI as opponents.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,205Registered Users
    Sorry, but Sigma's awesomeness isn't nerfable.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Ouroboros226Ouroboros226 Senior Member Posts: 245Registered Users
    Glad I don't care about MP. As I guessed, it would not end up in epic battles with diversity but OP, cheesy and cheap coockie-cutter build tactics that sucks the fun out of the game. Since I was not wrong in this, I'll likely never test out TW:WH MP.
  • odsy2odsy2 Posts: 716Registered Users
    I think they are probably well aware of the balance issues at this point. They'll patch it just need to wait a bit
  • odsy2odsy2 Posts: 716Registered Users

Glad I don't care about MP. As I guessed, it would not end up in epic battles with diversity but OP, cheesy and cheap coockie-cutter build tactics that sucks the fun out of the game. Since I was not wrong in this, I'll likely never test out TW:WH MP.

To be fair the lobby based mulitplayer isn't like that really, its just the competative quick battles. You will come across a few people that bring meta builds but most people don't they just bring a fun build, a lot of the people that do bring the meta builds don't know how to use properly. Just stay away from the quick battles, that's where it gets cheesy
  • MophostophMophostoph Posts: 129Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    for me only like every 5th quick battle game do i see something like all whight kings or other real cheese but i also play only around 5 games in the evening maybe that is why but i doubt it

Post edited by Mophostoph on
    Demis could easily cost 1800 and they would still pay for themselves. Do you want to tell me, that they are really a unit that should be only 200 talents more expensive than reiks? They destroy any cav in 1v1, they push through any infantry, and are resistant to missile fire. The only faction that can deal with them are VCs due to strong magic and air dominance, but not through army comp. I mean terrorgheist costs like 2k.
  • Weaponmaster_55Weaponmaster_55 Member Posts: 134Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

I second this.

Sick of hearing all the MP bleating and crying.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first and the lesson after "
  • Weaponmaster_55Weaponmaster_55 Member Posts: 134Registered Users

busa27 said:

Setrus said:

Setrus said:

He's not the one losing...? :confused:

HoneyBunns hatred for MP does imply that he got his **** kicked.

I have no idea how MP balance somehow would have ruined R2s rister. That makes no sense at all. In fact the R2 roster started horrendously, but became quite alright around Emperor Edition, for both SP and MP.

I mean the only thing he could possibly be implying is the changes on elephants and chariots, but that should really be a benefit to SP since nerfing those super units made the campaign more challenging. I guess he doesn't like a good challenge.

Generally speaking if MP is improved then so is SP.
    Oh I wasn't agreeing with honeybun, I just found OP's reply ironic. :lol:

As a singleplayer player I wouldn't mind a demigryph nerf...
    I'm a singleplayer and I think Demigryph are OP for their price and Lore. They make other cavarly useless.
    Nope, other cavalry are just underpowered, mate. And this is coming from a player who primarily plays a solid infantry force. Even considering that, regular cavalry like Reiksguard, do **** all.

Demis do not need a nerf. They are meant to be strong, they are huge monstrous lion-cavalry ridden by experienced Knights, what the **** do you expect? Nerf them and they will stop being a cool unit and start collecting dust in the roster.

A price hike could be fair, but a nerf is absolutely out of the question.
    Reiksguard are beasts mate, pure and simple.

What are you smoking?

I am guessing you are one of these people that full frontals everything thinking your units should just steamroll anything because they cost a lot.

Charge Reiksguard into unprepared infantry, or into a flank of a unit already engaged. After the initial impact has died down, withdraw them, turn them round and do it again.

Go and do this in a battle, then come back and tell me Reiksguard are underpowered.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first and the lesson after "
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Posts: 2,058Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    DP1982SK said:

Demis could easily cost 1800 and they would still pay for themselves. Do you want to tell me, that they are really a unit that should be only 200 talents more expensive than reiks? They destroy any cav in 1v1, they push through any infantry, and are resistant to missile fire. The only faction that can deal with them are VCs due to strong magic and air dominance, but not through army comp. I mean terrorgheist costs like 2k.

Space Orkz, with Boar Big 'Uns and Azhag, is probably the faction that handles Birdcats most handily, and the Empire itself of course... Vampires are effective in tournaments due to "Fate of Bjuna" and a limit of 2 Birdcats, but in general MP they would not have the mana pool to deal with say 8 Birdcats and no anti-large either.

Best way to be safe agains quickbattle cheese currently is to just take a handful of Birdcats of your own and back them up with spears or haldberds. Since birdcats are actually resilient enough to hold up against the other birdcats, they give enough time for the counter-units to actually get there and do their job. Handgunner also provides nice support there. So a balanced Empire or Ork force can actually quite handily handle a Birdcat spam force, other factions are less fortunate.
    Indypride said:

#1. Why are you acting like SP players aren't making the same kind of threads? I've seen at least 5 separate threads in the last 24 hours saying factions or WAAGH mechanics are completely Overpowered in Singleplayer. Someone tried to say that Bretonnia was OP to their Dwarf infantry lines in campaign lol

#2. Please, if you are going to claim that MP specific balancing ruined Rome 2, you have to actually back that up with some evidence. I've seen you repeat that numerous times, and NEVER seen you give any actual evidence on why or how that was the case.

#3. Balancing is done for singleplayer and multiplayer in Total War games. A lot of the balancing patches released for Rome 2 were singleplayer focused. Unless we're trying to claim that TW Warhammer was perfect on release, telling Creative Assembly to not patch the game to "deal with the whiners" is effectively the same as the people who lose a game in MP and run immediately to the forums about OP stuff. Its an argument from pure spite and emotion, not logic or reason. You're whining about people whining.

The game isnt perfect. There are some adjustments that can and should be made. Incremental MP balance changes wont ruin Singleplayer. And singleplayer is going to get balance changes regardless. Relax.

As for the OP, there are already a million and one threads about these issues. Post on one of those, you dont need to clog up the forums.

You can say that again. I am also looking forward to this example of: "MP ruining muh SP roster *tears of blood*"

Mp players will always go for the cheese and try to find any way to abuse the rules for an edge to satisfy their epeen.

Just because these idiots have no self control why should the rest of us suffer?

This game is absolutely brilliant and yes ive played every other total war game extensively so i do know how they have gone before. I also heavily played the tt warhammer and find this combination of the two so exiting and well done i hope ca carries on like this for the trilogy and doesnt start nerfing left and right.

As i said balances and tweaks are fine, add in restrictions to mp fine, slight increase to cost for demis fine. But lets keep it within reason and not upset the balance in a fantastic sp experiance.

No not really, just the quickbattle junkies. Rest of us do MP for fun and therefore voluntarily abstain from using the worst cheese.

I think its just that this is mainly an sp focused game and alot of us are tired of having pvp players ruining games for us in other games. We seeem to really be enjoying the drastic differences between the races and the fact you beed totally different armies and tactics to deal wirth each.

Having seen the mp rage and nerf snowball hit other games we enjoyed we are very worried about it happening here in a game that lets be honest is mainly a simgle player experience.

We're not against balances and tweaks but very against the rage fuelled rant we are seeing regularly here as in the poster that started this thread

Strawman. Nobody have asked for a removal of the diversity. CA just need to take the feedback and combine it with some testing of their own to reach the right level of balance. Whilst I do not approve of the tone used in some of these topics, they still do serve the purpose of passing on the feedback to CA. I mean how would they know what to balance if nobody made topics about it?
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron
  • busa27busa27 Senior Member Posts: 1,744Registered Users
    Guys ..... Leaving aside if the Demis are OP or not (because they are a lot), I would like to know if in the TT or the lore they should be so strong. The Demis are able to kill a Legendary Lord EASILY when more expensive units can't even touch them (Grail Knights, Chaos Lancer Knights). I 've been tested right now and Demis can kill Grimgor, Karl Franz, Thorgrim pretty easily.

On the other hand, I hate been forced to play with knighs riding chickens if I want to play effectively with cavalry units (Because Demis are 12451221516% better than any other cavarly in the game).
  • MrOuijaMrOuija Senior Member Posts: 698Registered Users
    They should get their cost buffed up to 2000, to be on par with the terrorgheist and arachnarok. Their stats don't need changing.
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Posts: 3,549Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

A little harsh but I agree. I don't want to see Demis nerfed in SP. The Empire needs to have the best at something imo and Demis feel great to use. If any nerfs were to happen to SP just because of MP, I'd be pretty annoyed.
    Empire is best at fielding flexible armies as they have access to various types of units - their strength is their flexibility of their roster, starting with cost effective infantry, through arty and multpile cav choices including amazing skirmish cav. They do not need DG gods for 1400 talents. I do not mind DG being this good, but they need to cost 1800-2000
  • ForSigmarForSigmar Junior Member Posts: 196Registered Users
    busa27 said:

Guys ..... Leaving aside if the Demis are OP or not (because they are a lot), I would like to know if in the TT or the lore they should be so strong. The Demis are able to kill a Legendary Lord EASILY when more expensive units can't even touch them (Grail Knights, Chaos Lancer Knights). I 've been tested right now and Demis can kill Grimgor, Karl Franz, Thorgrim pretty easily.

On the other hand, I hate been forced to play with knighs riding chickens if I want to play effectively with cavalry units (Because Demis are 12451221516% better than any other cavarly in the game).

In the TT Demis are monsters as well, but are more balanced by the fact that they are reasonably expensive per unit and many races have good spells or ranged/strong units with AP that just need 1 lucky turn to do lots of damage.

But they are one of the most cost effective units in the game in the TT and when supported/buffed by the Empire Army easily win games themselves. Obviously it depends on the comp/tournament you a playing at but DGKs are a must take in every competitive empire army in the TT at high levels.

I agree they need a cost change and have said so, however what bothers me about Empire currently is that they do not rely on combined arms to win most fights. In the TT the empire had a bunch of force multipliers that turned their standard units into strong effective forces and could turn DGKs into the unstoppable wrecking machines that they currently are. But they had to have combined tactics to do well, right now DGK just do not require support expect for a light wiz to snipe enemy magic users so your DGKs can fight without worrying about FoB......

I hope when they release unit packs that they change Warrior Priest to actually buff units around them(besides the damage reduction ward), add in the Arch Lector, make the Luminark actually decent and a good buffer of units as well.