Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressOn Chaos Events Related Bugs

StridderStridder Registered Users Posts: 5
edited June 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
I noticed by reading some forum post that many of the campaing related bugs involve Chaos.So Im creating this to record the bug i experienced and so that other may do the same,and it may be patched.

Reggarding the Bug i experienced:Playing as Dwarfs.-Turn 84
Events on Beggining of turn:Faction destroyed-Warriors of Chaos.
Orc Raiding on some province.
Chaos Event-Doom Tide
Dwarf event-caravan Raid
Notes:In the previous turns i had destroyed one of the Armys spawned by (I think) the second chaos event,which explans teh factiond estroyed window.However,after some time in the turn,having finished viewing the events or not,i would automatically be taken to the map of the diplomacy screen,only without the diplomacy menu,like clicking the map icon on the top right.The map would be focused on the Empire faction,with it selected.After exiting the map screen i found the turn and save buttons greed out and being unable to move armys or heroes,the rest being functional.At this point i had a military allience with the emperire and was at war with chaos.
After fiddling a bit, i found that by ending the previous turn in a peace treaty with chaos this bug would not happend.However if youre pulled back into war by an ally faction it will still happend.
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Thank you for the post. We would like to look into this in more detail.
    Please could you attach a copy of your save game from just before this occurred and your modified.log file to a comment for me?
    You can see how to find these files here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173602/how-to-find-your-modified-log-file#latest
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173600/how-to-find-your-single-player-campaign-save-games#latest
    :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator GBRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,798
    edited June 2016

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    edited June 2016
    I've got a similar bug playing as VC. About turn 87. Same thing just after Chaos is destroyed the first time.

Edit: After I get the Doomtide message Ican't end turn or move.

I'm playing legendary so I can't try reloading and making peace with Chaos before they are destroyed but I found if I reload the save at the start of the turn the game let's me make one turn, moving and attacking normally, but next turn I get the bug and Doomtide message again and can't move.

Reload save at start of turn and I can move again, end turn, then at the start of NEXT turn I get the Doomtide message again. and again can't move or end turn.

Reload at start of turn, bug is gone, finish turn Doomtide message and bug again.

I've been able to progress one turn at a time like this for 3-4 turns now, but the bug keeps popping after one turn of movement and I have to reload at the start of each turn to continue - and Doomtide keeps Re-popping.

I have fog of War on the Chaos Start position so I don't know if there are armies are respawning/despawning or whats happening up there.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Thank you for the information. The team are aware of this and hope to address it in a future update. :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • #163330#163330 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I have the same problem.
    In my Dwarf campaign, when the first Chaos armys appear and I get the message, immediately after, the diplomacy screen opens zoomed on the Empire, and then I can't move any armys or end turn, like Stridder and Mercii said.
    The difference with the bug I experienced is that Chaos did not exist prior to this and I can't be at peace with them since they don't exist, so the bug is inevitable when I get the message.
    Strange thing is, I already played a Dwarf campaign longer than this one and this did not happen. I don't know why it is.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    Thanks Lexi
    MercytheMad on Youtube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file