Good day everyone.
I might be the only one, maybe one of the few, or maybe the first one that just talks about this... but i think that Dwarf Slayers in this game are done wrong.
My personal first thought when i saw slayers in the army roster was "i need at least one of them so i can fight giants, monsters and enemy generals". My first thought when i recruited a slayer unit in my army and entered the battlefield was "i need 5 of those units, put them in front of my artillery to hold enemies in place so i can shoot them without without having to worry that my SHIELD runs away".
Slayers come in very large numbers. They aren't the strong (crazy) fighters they are made out to be in the tabletop game.
I think that Slayer units should be (greatly!) reduced in numbers, and made more of a honor seeking killing machine rather than some expendable line which won't give up.
For this a few suggestions:
- Reduce their unit size to a single character!
- Lower their total (unit) health to about 50% of what it is now.
- Increase the "unit" damage output by at least 50%
- Increase the base cost of a single Slayer unit to 3K
- Anti Large (Optional).
- Fast [For a dwarf] (Optional).
- For Honor (new):
- Increase damage by 10% for every "negative" aspect of the enemy (Faster/ Stronger/ Intimidating).
- Increase damage by 10% for each allied unit that routs within X meters of this unit.
- Increase damage by 10% when below 75% max health, 20% when below 50% health and 30% when below 25% max health.
Monument of Grimnir (building):
- Increase the requirement for this building to level 5, as well as the price to 20K.
- Having a monument of Grimnir will unlock 2 new units: Daemon Slayer and Dragon Slayer.
Same stats and passives as the normal Slayers suggested above, and a 25% increase in price (3.75K
Added Passive: fearless (new):
- Makes the Daemon Slayer unaffected by any forms of attrition while in Chaos/ Vampiric contaminated lands.
A 50% increase in all stats of the normal Slayers suggested above (besides health), as well as price (4.5K)
For the "for Honor" Passive this would mean:
- Increase damage by 15% for every "negative" aspect of the enemy (Faster/ Stronger/ Intimidating).
- Increase damage by 15% for each allied unit that routs within X meters of this unit.
- Increase damage by 15% when below 75% max health, 30% when below 50% health and 45% when below 25% max health.
This would basically make Slayer units an expensive unit with a lot of potential... if you're willing to throw them towards their honorable deaths.