Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blood for the Blood God Released!

Comments

• DennorakDennorak Registered Users Posts: 58
    Is there a new unit released with this?
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    twwatcher said:

Argon said:

Very cool CA, please consider to make an option to allow players to keep the blood on the ground, I said an "option" because some people may not like it or Others may have significant fps drops :)

Thanks and keep up the good work

PS: where can I opt in for DX 12 beta? I looked into beta tab of TW: warhammer properties but it's not there, I would like to do a benchmark comparison between DX11 and 12, at the moment with all maxed out and a gtx 980 I reach 93 fps as average, I wonder if DX12 can be better

Its not a separate build just go to graphics options you can select DX12 there. Then rerun benchmark.
    thanks, I found it and here the results (I did another one)

DX11: 93 fps
    DX12: 80,9 fps
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608

Very disappointed. We waited just over a month new content and a patch but the only content we get is 1 new unit (Blood for the Blood God doesn't count, I consider "Content" to be Units, Legendary Lords and/or Races.). While I know some people do care a lot about Blood and Gore, I do not personally care about it. At least, according to steamdb, DLC 3 is next and if the mined game files are correct, DLC 3 is the Beastmen Race Pack. That had better come in a shorter length of time from update 1 than the time it took from launch to update 1.

Oh boohoo. No one cares you don't count it, the rest of us definitely do.
  • SteelFaithSteelFaith Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,000
    edited June 2016
    The blood splatter on units needs to be toned down some - or even better, let it gradually increase over time. Everything looks like red blobs now right from the start of the clash. It really hides the units now, and everything is just saturated in red.
  • MrSunbroMrSunbro Registered Users Posts: 10
    Suneater said:

Vastator said:

What's the performance impact for you people that are trying it? I'm waiting for this kind of feedback before buying.

I made post here from performance subject.

I personally think that this update have made overall performance better. And yes I do have bought DLC.
    Where do you find the specs like that on the PC?

• rinsuirinsui Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 73
    Yikes. My armies turn into red blobs the moment they touch the enemy with this activated. Waaaaaaay over the top.
  • panzerschreckpanzerschreck Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 225
    edited June 2016
    rinsui said:

Yikes. My armies turn into red blobs the moment they touch the enemy with this activated. Waaaaaaay over the top.

yes and it's awful, so ugly, I expected a better quality DLC, all turns ridiculous, big explosions of blood everywhere, soldiers covered entirely with blood after two seconds of combat... HORRIBLE, this has to be tone down!
    THE GREAT WAR MOD Team/MAPPER
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608

rinsui said:

yes and it's awful, so ugly, I expected a better quality DLC, all turns ridiculous, big explosions of blood everywhere, soldiers covered entirely with blood after two seconds of combat... HORRIBLE, this has to be tune down!
    Easy boy, Let the modders work.
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    /hats off CA

I still want a faction, at least Bretonnia, but this is also very good.

• SuneaterSuneater Registered Users Posts: 241
    MrSunbro said:

Suneater said:

Vastator said:

What's the performance impact for you people that are trying it? I'm waiting for this kind of feedback before buying.

I made post here from performance subject.

I personally think that this update have made overall performance better. And yes I do have bought DLC.
    Where do you find the specs like that on the PC?
    I have personally build my PC from parts, also made overclocking.

But you find HWMonitor from CPUID it is great program to show your CPU and GPU information. + CPU-Z is great program to see your motherboard, memory and CPU information (link included)

I personally use MSI Afterburner for overcloking my GPU (link included)
    * Windows 10 64bit Enteprise
    * Motherboard: Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    * Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
    * CPU: AMD 3900X 3.8-4.6GHz (4.23GHz, CPU V-Core 1.25V Zen States)
    * Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev. B + Indium heatspring
    * GPU: Sapphire RX Vega 64 Pulse (1630/945 => 1662/1150)
    * Net: 100/10Mb
    * HD's:Kingston 512Gb SSDNow kc400, Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1Tb 2.5", Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green 64MB SATA3, Western Digital 2Tb Blue WD20EZRZ 2000 GB
    * RAM: 2X Gskill TridentZ CL16 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 1.35V F4-3200C16D-16GTZ (3200 16-16-16-38-1T)
    * Soundcard: Asus XONAR D1 Low Profile PCI 7.1
    * VCR+system: Denon AVR-1603 + 5.1 Eltax MovieMaxx & Eltax Cinema subwoofer (front Dali 310)
    * Screen: Acer XF270HUA 2560 x 1440
    * Case: Fractal Design Define R4
    * Mouse: Logitech G500s
    * Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB RapidFire
  • SyrioForel89SyrioForel89 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 156

Very disappointed. We waited just over a month new content and a patch but the only content we get is 1 new unit (Blood for the Blood God doesn't count, I consider "Content" to be Units, Legendary Lords and/or Races.). While I know some people do care a lot about Blood and Gore, I do not personally care about it. At least, according to steamdb, DLC 3 is next and if the mined game files are correct, DLC 3 is the Beastmen Race Pack. That had better come in a shorter length of time from update 1 than the time it took from launch to update 1.

Oh boohoo. No one cares you don't count it, the rest of us definitely do.
    I am on his side Blood and gore doesn't add anything content wise..

But the price is cool even lower than before.. Although they sure had to do more different variations for all the races and monsters...
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,060
    If Blood and gore is too over the top...I probably wont use it. I love B&G in my TW games too - but, if there are random explosions of blood that make no logical sense..no thanks
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• GeniusWWEGeniusWWE Registered Users Posts: 184
    Game keep crashing in mp, could be a blood mod. I have asked around, I am not the only one with the same experience.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Good.....exelent.... send forth all legions!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • LeztaLezta Registered Users Posts: 40
    What's the performance hit like?
  • cornishrcornishr Member Registered Users Posts: 241
    edited June 2016
    What a complete **** take not to just to have this as part of the game. The big companies - might as well be run by the devil himself.

If they want to charge a couple of pounds more, then be honest and do it, but to cut bits out of the game like that, what a joke.

Please do not try to circumvent the forum autofilter.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

Hahahaha!

To all those complaining, it's this way to keep the game age rating down and increase sales - which is good as I want CA to make money (as I bet it gives them bigger budgets). It's not 'chopping up bits of the game to reduce retail price', although I don't see why that is such a bad thing?

I think base TW is worth the money. I think this Blood DLC is well worth the money considering additional development costs.

To those who think it should be toned down... well. All I'm going to say is that you mustn't be true servants of Khorne. ;)
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • AardwolfAardwolf Registered Users Posts: 228
    How many times does it need to be said? Adding B&G to the base game would up the age rating and thus hurt sales... You can argue all you want and cry about it until your tear ducts are drier than the Sahara, but CA cannot allow anyone to get B&G for free because then they would get restricted...
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    edited June 2016
    Okay so new campaign map effects I've seen so far to do with blood and gore.

+20 charge bonus for all units across all factions for 10 turns.

+20 winds of magic power reserve across all factions for 10 turns.

So expect similar things like these.
    Aardwolf said:

How many times does it need to be said? Adding B&G to the base game would up the age rating and thus hurt sales... You can argue all you want and cry about it until your tear ducts are drier than the Sahara, but CA cannot allow anyone to get B&G for free because then they would get restricted...

Because they're not interested in "why".

If they understand "why" then they can't needlessly complain for aeons about anything that doesn't fit their "DLC is evil" narrative.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    TROLLS FOR THE TROLL TOLL!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,795

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135

You gonna show Barundin Stoneheart what's what?
  • TigTig Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 836
    Argon said:

Argon said:

Very cool CA, please consider to make an option to allow players to keep the blood on the ground, I said an "option" because some people may not like it or Others may have significant fps drops :)

Thanks and keep up the good work

PS: where can I opt in for DX 12 beta? I looked into beta tab of TW: warhammer properties but it's not there, I would like to do a benchmark comparison between DX11 and 12, at the moment with all maxed out and a gtx 980 I reach 93 fps as average, I wonder if DX12 can be better

Ok I found it, it's in the graphics settings tab and here the results:

DX11: 93 fps
    DX12: 80,9 fps :(

It's not a big deal
    Those were my results as well when running DX 12. About 10 fps less than DX 11 (72 fps vs 62). :/ Oh well. The blood's fun! :)
    The Indomitable Gaul 2.0. Brought to you by Total War Access.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,223
    Shame that AI Forced March stance hasn't been fixed at all, it's the same problem, chasing armies around and while he attacking and running away at the same time... ughhh
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,230
    The blood is come. Celebrate it with slaughtering the captives!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,018
    I happily bestow the op its 13th like. Thanquol approves very much.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• MrOuijaMrOuija Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 698
    Anyone have any feelings on the performance impact?
  • MostBluntedMostBlunted Registered Users Posts: 51
    VincentNZ said:

It does seem, unless my steam has not updated the shop yet, that blood & gore is not available in Germany. I do not mind that at all. his does explain my thoughts why there was no stuff added to it apart from the effects.

I´m from germany and I can confirm the the DLC IS available in good old Germany! And it´s beautiful, thank you CA!

Nice patch and nice DLC, keep up the good work and I´ll keep up throwing money at you, you deserve it ;) .
  • BheringBhering NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 198
    Thanks for this dlc.
    I really like how you single out these elements in a payed-for dlc so the game can remain accessible for young adolecents and children with sqeemish parents. The more you sell the more content we get (or so I'm hoping), and I'll gladly pay the price of this dlc to support that concept. :)

But,
    I'm also hoping you'll develop this dlc to include gore on the ground. It's a bit wierd seeing it all just evaporate without a trace. :p
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    MrOuija said:

Anyone have any feelings on the performance impact?

It seems to be just 1 or 2 fps for me
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian