Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

about the Blood DLC

Comments

• SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 566

Is there supposed to be blood on the ground?

Because I see blood exploding everywhere but nary a droplet ever hits the floor :\ Medium settings.

Yes, there is blood on the ground. My game is on high.
  • MerwanorMerwanor Member Registered Users Posts: 423
    A few cool new details I have noticed. The Night Goblin fanatics with the big ball and chain now actually have a funny animation when they disappear. They trip and the ball then crushes them. Love that as it fixes something I thought was sort of immersion breaking. And I really love that certain undead units can lose arms and even heads and still continue to fight.
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 304
    Skarband said:

Skeletons don't bleed. Do a custom match with skeletons vs skeletons there won't be any blood on them. Wraith can't get blood on them except on their scythe and on their faces (when they attack things that can bleed). Hexwraiths can't get any blood on them.

Still wraiths leaves corpse behind (but that was from day 1) which is weird.

then what you call this then? you blind or dont have the dlc?

• ChisuruChisuru Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 17
    edited June 2016
    @Storeslem No need to be so rude, man. I bought the dlc and have never seen a single drop of blood from skeleton either. Only from vampire lord in the pic

• Favonius CorneliusFavonius Cornelius Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 101
    Guess what, you can have a fantasy game without it being buried with grimdark everything and 844643883 skulls, and you can have blood effects without it seeming like a horror show....
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,304

Guess what, you can have a fantasy game without it being buried with grimdark everything and 844643883 skulls, and you can have blood effects without it seeming like a horror show....

You can. But it can't be Warhammer.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Favonius CorneliusFavonius Cornelius Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 101

Oh but it can be, because it WAS! :)

Not now though. Let's make Warhammer great again.
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 566
    Looks like some people are getting blood with skeletons vs skeletons.
    But it works for me.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    in game slider might be nice :)
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 887
    The new patch and DLC have only just been released, so mod authors likely have not updated their mods to be compatible with the new patch yet. The has_blood value in the battle_entities table defines whether or not a unit can bleed (skeletons are set to not bleed, naturally). If a mod is altering the battle_entities table, even if it appears unrelated to the Blood for the Blood God DLC, it could be overriding these values. 

I'd recommend testing again with any unit mods disabled. If this stops the skellies bleeding you should get in touch with the author of the mod and let them know about the issue.
  • MonkeeyoMonkeeyo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 854
    Man no burned textures or burning animations :(
    Over the Alps perhaps!
    Team Athens
  • LuduLudu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    @Grace CA Thanks for the clarification
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,732
    Merwanor said:

And I really love that certain undead units can lose arms and even heads and still continue to fight.

I think this convinced Me.
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 364
    Please, stop complaining about the Quentin Tarentino DLC, it's just exactly as it should be. ;)
  • kaostotal77kaostotal77 Registered Users Posts: 35
    I think that a little "touch" of blood would be way better thant the "blood bath" we have now...when a giant smashes someone, its ok to see a lot of blood, but the sprays are way too exagerated and reach too far in my opinion...but it has no sense to see all the entire unit covered in blood in a few seconds, specially with SO MUCH BLOOD.

I think it would look great to see less blood but much more precise (and with a way darker red color), I mean that when zooming the unit seeing some smaller blotches and detailed little blood gushes on the soldiers...that way, the textures would retain their details not as right now, where all the texture details are lost with the crazy, pink, shiny CIRCULAR blotches.

At the end, blood should be way less noticeable, specially in little units. Big units as giants, spider, etc. could have more blood as they are bigger, more agressive and receive a lot more damage from smaller units.

Another thing I thoug is that a side of the blood, there should be "battle dirt". Right now (well, before the blood dlc) the units ended the battle as clean as they started and obviously after a crude battle all the armors, clothes, etc. should be dirty...that would be a nice balance between blood and dirt, I mean, less blood and more dirt.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,304
    edited July 2016

Oh but it can be, because it WAS! :)

Not now though. Let's make Warhammer great again.
    tabletop doe snot count

I think that a little "touch" of blood would be way better thant the "blood bath" we have now...when a giant smashes someone, its ok to see a lot of blood, but the sprays are way too exagerated and reach too far in my opinion...but it has no sense to see all the entire unit covered in blood in a few seconds, specially with SO MUCH BLOOD.

I think it would look great to see less blood but much more precise (and with a way darker red color), I mean that when zooming the unit seeing some smaller blotches and detailed little blood gushes on the soldiers...that way, the textures would retain their details not as right now, where all the texture details are lost with the crazy, pink, shiny CIRCULAR blotches.

At the end, blood should be way less noticeable, specially in little units. Big units as giants, spider, etc. could have more blood as they are bigger, more agressive and receive a lot more damage from smaller units.

Another thing I thoug is that a side of the blood, there should be "battle dirt". Right now (well, before the blood dlc) the units ended the battle as clean as they started and obviously after a crude battle all the armors, clothes, etc. should be dirty...that would be a nice balance between blood and dirt, I mean, less blood and more dirt.

Blasphemy! Our blood is good! It fits the grim, skull full theme!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• emptonia22emptonia22 Registered Users Posts: 914

out of interest- do Orcs have red blood?

Yes. Dont know why people think orcs bleed green.
  • Zatrakus95Zatrakus95 Registered Users Posts: 708

Red orcish blood was approved by GW so there shouldn't be any discussion about that.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,926

If blood effects were really subtle and subdued there'd be no point in having them in the first place.

Also, it's Warhammer, it's already a cartoon world.

• Aurelian777Aurelian777 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,688
    I like the blood, it's supposed to be a blood bath. It's Warhammer for crying out loud, look at other Warhammer games and look at how much blood and guts there was flying all over the place. The blood dlc is perfect.

Red orcish blood was approved by GW so there shouldn't be any discussion about that.
    Yeah idk why he asked that lol. And yes everyone its perfect the way it is. Warhammer!!! Love using maradauers now even tho they suck i just love seein northmen warriors rip into limbs of the enemy with their war cries. If its to much, you could turn down VFX and terrain graphics settings to. Less blood. Not the best solution but the only one youll get, as CA is not gunna change their beautiful blood for the blood god pack. Nor should they. Perfect for 2.99. Will give me literally endless hours of enjoyment. Endless. I guess im a simple guy. Lucky. Ugh wen beastmen come out with this blood..
    edited July 2016

Yeah idk why he asked that lol. And yes everyone its perfect the way it is. Warhammer!!! Love using maradauers now even tho they suck i just love seein northmen warriors rip into limbs of the enemy with their war cries. If its to much, you could turn down VFX and terrain graphics settings to. Less blood. Not the best solution but the only one youll get, as CA is not gunna change their beautiful blood for the blood god pack. Nor should they. Perfect for 2.99. Will give me literally endless hours of enjoyment. Endless. I guess im a simple guy. Lucky. Ugh wen beastmen come out with this blood..
    Oh, yeah marauders and chaos in general were main reasons why I bought blood dlc- it's one thing to stomp pathetic southlings and other to turn them into bloody mess >:)

Oh, yeah marauders and chaos in general were main reasons why I bought blood dlc- it's one thing to stomp pathetic southlings and other to turn them into bloody mess >:)
    YESSSS ZATRAKUS HAS BECOME A DEVOUT FOLLOWER OF OUR GOD >.<

YESSSS ZATRAKUS HAS BECOME A DEVOUT FOLLOWER OF OUR GOD >.<</p>
    I still prefer Tzeentch to be honest but I may turn to this god of yours. What social benefits does Khorne offer?

I still prefer Tzeentch to be honest but I may turn to this god of yours. What social benefits does Khorne offer?
    Hmmm. Change is alluring, yes. Khorne offers much socially. The gift of superhuman strength and brutality, if someone disagrees with you in your social circle, you can rip out their beating heart...maybe im just a simpke warrior. Tzeentch is to complex for me, although i admire him.

Hmmm. Change is alluring, yes. Khorne offers much socially. The gift of superhuman strength and brutality, if someone disagrees with you in your social circle, you can rip out their beating heart...maybe im just a simpke warrior. Tzeentch is to complex for me, although i admire him.
    Well, super stength is cool but for a microbiologist like me it would be impractical. I mean really tearing apart every agar plate and crashing all slides*? That would be a true horror!

*Tzeentch didn't grant me knowledge of how to properly translate the word I wanted to use hence this spotty language. He must have been busy, I'm sure.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,926
    SLANEESH CHAOS GOD IS BEST CHAOS GOD!

Well, super stength is cool but for a microbiologist like me it would be impractical. I mean really tearing apart every agar plate and crashing all slides*? That would be a true horror!

*Tzeentch didn't grant me knowledge of how to properly translate the word I wanted to use hence this spotty language. He must have been busy, I'm sure.
    Lolllll

SLANEESH CHAOS GOD IS BEST CHAOS GOD!

HERETIC