Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where are they now?

ArrowmakerArrowmaker Junior MemberAustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 220
I wonder if these idiots are still playing WTW? Well they were given special early access and swore they were true fans but a quick look at their channel shows they are now into the next hardcore strategy game we all love Overwatch!

Comments

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,522
    U mad, bro?
    Don't worry.
  • MoutonMouton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 993
    *Batman voice when talking to Joker*

WHERE ARE THEYYYY ????
    Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,791
    Damnnnn bro, you salty.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • JavorJavor Registered Users Posts: 910
    What... is the point of this?
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,018
    edited June 2016
    I feel you missed the point of why people such as the yogscast and quickybaby were picked. It was to build interest in audiences that might not know about the game's existance. Bringing new players to Total War games is a good thing :smiley:
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,791

I feel you missed the point of why people such as the yogscast and quickybaby were picked. It was to build interest in audiences that might not know about the game's existance. Bringing new players to Total War games is a good thing :smiley:

C'mon now, don't be silly. Giving the game to a channel with millions of subscribers and videos which ultimately got well over a million total views for TW was always a terrible idea!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,522
    So...how IS overwatch? :tongue:
    Don't worry.
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,094
    Who in khornes bloody name fraking cares?!
  • NinjahundNinjahund Registered Users Posts: 242
    Setrus said:

So...how IS overwatch? :tongue:

It's very, very good. Not as great as TW:Warhammer, but still very good!
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    edited June 2016
    OP are you implying that they aren't completely honest about their joy and interest in games?

That's a terrible thing to suggest. I mean just look at that face, if that isn't a 100% Genuine not fake smile then I don't know what is.

Shame on you OP... shame on you.
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • ArrowmakerArrowmaker Junior Member AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 220

Exactly it was marketing plain and simple and yes child if by salty you mean, annoyed, angry, **** off then yes yes and yes.

The reason is that this is the begininng or continuation of the end. Popularity = lowest common denominator = COD and I hate C.O.D. Thankfully Paradox have started to simplify their overly obtuse games so I now have an alternative to TW should it go that way.
    Snotface said:

OP are you implying that they aren't completely honest about their joy and interest in games?

That's a terrible thing to suggest. I mean just look at that face, if that isn't a 100% Genuine not fake smile then I don't know what is.

Shame on you OP... shame on you.

I like you Snotface :)
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170
    edited July 2016
    It's very simple why they got it, as someone already stated.

The exposure to new players.

Yes the yog guys lied about being tw / WH fans, I watched their video for less than 30 second i think before I found that off and couldn't stand them as they were very annoying to me and turned it off.

But did at least a million people learn warhammer total war because of it? Yes.

Warhammer is now being "expanded" plans wise because of how good it sold.

CA Mission Accomplished = more money made

Warhammer total war fan Mission Accomplished = trilogy will be made better.

I can't stand 99.9% of the youtubers who stream games, but if a game i love gets better or even better a series i love because they can just sit at home all day and stream to the masses drawing in revenue ... im all for it.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    What's a true fan? I hear this tossed around constantly yet I'm not sure if I fit the bill. I've been with TW since Med 1 I've enjoyed every TW in a different way. I've accumulated around 2500 hours between them but tonight I chose to play XCOM. So do I still get to be a true fan or no?
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170

What's a true fan? I hear this tossed around constantly yet I'm not sure if I fit the bill. I've been with TW since Med 1 I've enjoyed every TW in a different way. I've accumulated around 2500 hours between them but tonight I chose to play XCOM. So do I still get to be a true fan or no?

As long as you bring the alien skulls to khorne.... all is well.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,903

Exactly it was marketing plain and simple and yes child if by salty you mean, annoyed, angry, **** off then yes yes and yes.

The reason is that this is the begininng or continuation of the end. Popularity = lowest common denominator = COD and I hate C.O.D. Thankfully Paradox have started to simplify their overly obtuse games so I now have an alternative to TW should it go that way.
    LOL!

First bash CA for going wide, then praise Paradox for doing the same.

If Irony hurt you'd be writihing on the floor now, buddy.

Well you missed my point then Ephraim_Dalton. It is simple paradox has been impenetrably difficult and unnecessarily so. No difficult to understand rather they have suffered from an interface design that has been overly complicated and counter-intuitive. Unlike TW btw. So Paradox has managed to maintain complex gaming while simplifying the interface.

I hear what you are all saying and there are some good points above nevertheless the result of popularity apart from greater budgets has a tenancy towards mediocrity. It is my hope that TW does not go this way because I, as a true fan :) yes I've stuck with these games for many years, would not like to see these great games ruined. And I think as many of you and I have financed CA to this point, we should get a greater say than people like those referenced above who clearly don't even like this game. the end.
    Oh, here comes the special pleading and excuses!

• Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Question is rather who watches that crap? Why watch let's plays when you can just play it yourself and not suffer the annoying commentary?
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron

Question is rather who watches that crap? Why watch let's plays when you can just play it yourself and not suffer the annoying commentary?

"Why do people enjoy stuff I don't!? That's like, so stupid! Everyone should only like what I like!"

• fodzillafodzilla Registered Users Posts: 62

It is simple paradox has been impenetrably difficult and unnecessarily so.

For you, perhaps. ;)

Don't worry, there's always Call of Duty.

• SuneaterSuneater Registered Users Posts: 241

I did before game were released.
    They did try to make some effort atleast. There have been only one youtube channel I was not able to watch, there was 2 male who had NO idea what to do. They literally did not even manage to realize that you should press start battle button to start battle "why my troops do not move there, why they do not attack?".

Not to forget how they tried to make start of a game and first tutorial battle using only they legendary lord never realizing how there are other troops to choose from.

Well, never mind. Anyway I did watch plenty of Arch, Apollo, Jetsu and others before release because I was waiting the game. Allso these people.

But like you ask why to bother watch anyone anymore when you have game in your own computer? Well, from some you might learn something but generally true.
    * Windows 10 64bit Enteprise
    * Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO
    * Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
    * CPU: AMD 1700X 3.4-3.8GHz (3992MHz, 40x 99.8MHz Bus Speed, CPU V-Core 0.338V-1.406V)
    * Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev. B
    * GPU: Asus AMD R9 Nano 4Gb.GPU 1040/545, -36mV (1000/500), (R9NANO-4G) ASIC Quality 60.1%
    * Net: 100/10Mb
    * HD's: Kingston 480Gb SSDNow kc300, Seagate Barracuda 3Tb 64Mb SerialATA600, Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SerialATA150 200Gb, Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SerialATA150 300.0GB, Western Digital 200GB
    * RAM: 2X Gskill TridentZ CL16 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 1.35V F4-3200C16D-16GTZ (2400 12-12-12-30-2T)
    * Soundcard: Asus XONAR D1 Low Profile PCI 7.1
    * VCR+system: Denon AVR-1603 + 5.1 Eltax MovieMaxx & Eltax Cinema subwoofer (front Dali 310)
    * Screen: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 2560 x 1440
    * Case: Fractal Design Define R2
    * Mouse: Logitech G500s
    * Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition

Oh, here comes the special pleading and excuses!

You can get stuffed!
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394

Well you missed my point then Ephraim_Dalton. It is simple paradox has been impenetrably difficult and unnecessarily so. No difficult to understand rather they have suffered from an interface design that has been overly complicated and counter-intuitive. Unlike TW btw. So Paradox has managed to maintain complex gaming while simplifying the interface.

I hear what you are all saying and there are some good points above nevertheless the result of popularity apart from greater budgets has a tenancy towards mediocrity. It is my hope that TW does not go this way because I, as a true fan :) yes I've stuck with these games for many years, would not like to see these great games ruined. And I think as many of you and I have financed CA to this point, we should get a greater say than people like those referenced above who clearly don't even like this game. the end.

Oddly I have given up stellaris and got myself CK2(-75% thanks steam) as my EUIV replacement, yet on the flip side I think CA is going in the correct general direction with TW.

This isn't contradictory as it might seem, they are different type of 4X games and I play them for different reasons, CK2 (and EUIV) are all about plotting and some of the best moments happen when you are watching with very little input. TW has always been about the control of war and the best moments often happen when you are frantically moving units into just the right position (maybe with a charge or well timed volley) and the TW changes have mostly improved the battle experiences you crate from the campaign map.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 304
    overwatch is way too repetitive