Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia DLC?

TallamyTallamy Registered Users Posts: 46
What's everyone think about a DLC that makes Bretonnia a playable faction in the campaign for SP/MP, and giving some more unit variety to the faction?

Personally, I'd love it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 31BCooter31BCooter Registered Users Posts: 1
    Totally like this I would love to see a Bretonnia DLC with more units though.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    ....and Skaven and Elves, and Tomb Kings and Beastmen and Lizardmen
    ....maybe Araby and Nippon

Lets not put a cap on DLC. Bretonnia is a given anyway.
  • FlurryFlurry Registered Users Posts: 70
    for the meantime, there is a mod already making it possible to play bretonia in its current state in the campaigne
  • TallamyTallamy Registered Users Posts: 46
    Flurry said:

for the meantime, there is a mod already making it possible to play bretonia in its current state in the campaigne

For the meantime yeah, but lets be honest, they've all got a bunch of bugs and quirks. I mean one of them is using the greenskin tech tree. Bretonnia DLC needs to happen.

KGpoopy said:

Bretonnia and Elves needs to happen the most, the others are not much of a priority. Lets just hope there's going to be twice as many faction packs as there was with Rome II.

• SpartannexSpartannex Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    I agree, I think Bretonnia would be an awesome faction to be able to play. I love the way they look and the lore behind them are right up my alley. Their aesthetic features are my favorite colors. I also think it would be fair to make all factions in the game playable. It would give a higher difficulty to the game due to some factions having less unit diversity. Ive also heard a lot of people saying they wish they could play Bretonnia, even with their relatively limited unit selection. Anyways, I sure hope they're made a playable faction, whether mod or dlc, vote for sanders.
  • ForwegForweg Registered Users Posts: 47
    Bretonnia will be playable as free-LC, it is the new playable race they were talking about in their free-LC program.
  • concmapconcmap Registered Users Posts: 255
    edited June 2016
    I'm just hoping for the rest of the roster..

Errant knights
    Questing knights
    Grail retinue
    Green knight
    Fey echantress

And of course the campaign!! Stakes for tge peasant bowmen would be a plus too but honestly i move mine around alot during battle so.. meh.

They should add in the lance formation, it was in shogun2 and is TT accurate for bretonnian knights. Ironically one of the sayings grail knights use in game is "Lance Formation!".
  • IsbjornIsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 34
    Bretonnia certainly has more units incoming. If you try modding them in there's hints for several new units through the available buildings in the various Bretonnian lands. Foot Knights is one example.
  • norsenorse Junior Member minnesotaRegistered Users Posts: 94
    Forweg said:

Bretonnia will be playable as free-LC, it is the new playable race they were talking about in their free-LC program.

Possibly, although going by the picture for the free race DLC, it might be Wood Elves.
    norse said:

Forweg said:

Possibly, although going by the picture for the free race DLC, it might be Wood Elves.
    Bretonnia is playable in Mp battles, they already have two thirds of their units. They need some additionnal units and the campaign settings. Wood Elves have Nothing yet. That's why I'm pretty sure the first new playable race will be the Bretonnians :)
    And I'm not sure the pictures are a good indication for what is next. If you look at it, the free new magic lores have the same pictures... we need lore of Life, Beast and Shadow, so it works for the first two but a forest picture doesn't match with the lore of shadows ^^
    So, I'm still thinking Bretonnians are the next!
  • ElderDaysElderDays Registered Users Posts: 48
    I hope that Bretonnia is released as a free-LC since so much of it is already in game.
    Forweg said:

norse said:

Forweg said:

Bretonnia is playable in Mp battles, they already have two thirds of their units. They need some additionnal units and the campaign settings. Wood Elves have Nothing yet. That's why I'm pretty sure the first new playable race will be the Bretonnians :)
    And I'm not sure the pictures are a good indication for what is next. If you look at it, the free new magic lores have the same pictures... we need lore of Life, Beast and Shadow, so it works for the first two but a forest picture doesn't match with the lore of shadows ^^
    So, I'm still thinking Bretonnians are the next!
    I sure hope so lol. And I really want it to come quickly

I don't remember where I saw it but I red it will be at the end of the year... So maybe November or December.
  • concmapconcmap Registered Users Posts: 255
    Zarakynel said:

Bretonnia certainly has more units incoming. If you try modding them in there's hints for several new units through the available buildings in the various Bretonnian lands. Foot Knights is one example.

Sweet! For us non modders can you post the hints?! I'd live some more info! Foot kinghts would be glorious and technically still in good keeping with lore. In the book "errant knight" in one of the last battles they ordered some of the knights to fight on foot with the peasantry to help the men at arms from not breaking even though most knights thought it was not honorable to fight on foot.
    concmap said:

Zarakynel said:

Sweet! For us non modders can you post the hints?! I'd live some more info! Foot kinghts would be glorious and technically still in good keeping with lore. In the book "errant knight" in one of the last battles they ordered some of the knights to fight on foot with the peasantry to help the men at arms from not breaking even though most knights thought it was not honorable to fight on foot.
    Hero and lord knights have had the option to fight on foot for a while by now.
  • DustynBDustynB Little Rock AR USARegistered Users Posts: 2
    KGpoopy said:

Nippon and Lizardmen may be a bit difficult considering they are on the other side of the world.
    DustynB said:

KGpoopy said:

Nippon and Lizardmen may be a bit difficult considering they are on the other side of the world.
    Lizardmen have quite a few cities just below the Tomb Kings, but the main settlements of the Lizardmen are on the other side of the world on the southern continent, while the Dark Elves inhabit the northern continent.
  • XaberXaber Registered Users Posts: 3
    as long as they add lizard men, Skaven, tomb kings and elves in the next games but the elves I think should be in this one as a dlc.
  • ManbreadVonBrickovenManbreadVonBrickoven Registered Users Posts: 17
    I thought it would be awesome if they gave Bretonnia some monster sized trebuchets. They would be slow, but would be able to fling massive stones. According to the wiki, Bretonnian trebuchets vary in size, and can fling stones up to the size of a peasants hovel. And these catapults would also help with sieges where they could smash walls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file