Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Artillery mechanic question

GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior MemberEstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
A new feature of TW:W is the different colours for the trajectory arrows shown for artillery. Colours can be grey, green, yellow, orange or red (maybe I'm missing some). Each piece of artillery shows a different arrow unlike in previous total war.

In addition, sometimes artillery stops shooting (to avoid friendly fire?) and the symbol that uses to show "firing" is now showing "blocked".

Does anybody know what the different colours mean? Can someone confirm my guess about the "blocked" mechanic?
Malekith is the true Phoenix King and Wood elves can suck my Widow-maker

AZoReu8.png
Post edited by Guerrillero on
Tagged:

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    this isn't really an answer but i thought the different colors were just to make it easier to differentiate projectile paths for each actual piece of equipment as before they were usually all the same color (i think grey)

it would be interesting if the different colors actually mean something related to the current status of the equipment, like obstructed or low crew so firing slower (i don't even know if that's a thing but it was in TT)

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• AttercopAttercop Registered Users Posts: 106
    Red, yellow and green already mean the different statuses of the weapon don't they? Something like Projectile in flight, Reloading and Ready To Fire.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    This thread comes up with a theory/answer - I have taken on board the conclusion. I'm colour blind so its a bit confusing to me, I see blue & grey as not yet engaged, all the other colours as firing although not sure about red if I could make it out.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1556835#Comment_1556835
  • GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543
    Hmm that's interesting. I would like some developer answering this question..

AZoReu8.png
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    Grey I think is reloading (it turns grey right after the shot lands), blue is moving/rotating, green is ready to fire/has fired (projectile in flight) red is vision blocked? Not sure about yellow.
  • GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543
    Ok I get the blue and grey it has sense, even green and red but yellow and orange? Maybe I should do some tests

AZoReu8.png