Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer - Call of the Beastmen Announce!

CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA AdministratorRegistered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
Are you ready to answer the Call of the Beastmen?

As the Warherds gather in the forests of the Old World, all prepare for the coming of the Cloven Ones. Emerging from their woodland lairs to cast down the Empires of Man, they aim to reclaim that which was once theirs. As relentless as they are brutal, they will not rest until the realms of men are destroyed and the Call of the Beastmen is heard across all of The Old World.

Click here to pre-order now and get 10% off: http://store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
(Please allow a few minutes for the link to work)

Our new pack will give you the Beastmen as a new playable race and further expands the game with a brand new Story Campaign. A feral, Chaos-tainted horde race, they move like a plague across The Old World, wielding the deadly Lore of the Wild and fielding half-human aberrations and colossal beasts in battle. The Beastmen are playable in the Grand Campaign, custom and multiplayer battles, and in their very own custom Story Campaign, ‘An Eye for an Eye’.

With a uniquely aggressive horde-style campaign game, the Beastmen are masters of unconventional warfare both on and off the battlefield. They feature an array of unique gameplay mechanics, including the ability to travel through overgrown Beastpaths to outmanoeuvre unsuspecting foes and, through a dark bond with Morrslieb, the Chaos Moon, perform twisted acts of faith to gain its favour.

As well as that, we’ve also got a Free-LC update! The free update will introduce a brand new Lore of Magic and an accompanying Hero unit for the Empire. Perhaps the most rarely seen of all Wizards, the solitary Amber Wizards are no less powerful than their more prevalent counterparts. Wielding the deadly Lore of Beasts they are able to perform unique feats of magical power, from enchanting their allies with impenetrable pelts to summoning a manticore from the bowels of the earth.
They’re simply the Beast…

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MishrakMishrak Registered Users Posts: 164
    Mah hooves!
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    edited July 2016
    I really hope they aren't just a chaos horde reskin with their own "underway" version of travel through forests.

Making a horde race just like chaos warriors then giving it a movement stance on the campaign map is not unique enough.

Where are the herdstones?

Where is starting small, raiding human villages, taking captives off into the forest, reproducing more and more and you are sucessful at raiding, spreading the chaos taint to more areas of forest attracting more beastmen clans...

They should infest parts of the forests and plant herdstones calling more beastmen or even other tribes out of the forests to plague the empire and eventually wood elves.

Please make them unique!!!

I know im just speculating but I hope im wrong because I love this game!

Keep up the awesome work CA
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • mashkeysgetusernamemashkeysgetusername Registered Users Posts: 130
    edited July 2016
    Given Steam's not updated yet, can you tell us the price please Charlotte?

edit: Ah, got it now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    I'm so surprised!!

does "Story Campaign" mean something like Ceaser in gaul or more like mark of chaos?

will you be doing a live stream before release?

wood elves?

which spell got the chop, penns pelt and is that a adaptation of transformation of konna?
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,429
    Oh, wow, this was totally unexpected!!! :D

People please act like nothing happened...
  • KlunzKlunz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Wow, definitely did not expect or read anything about this! :)
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • St_AugustineSt_Augustine Registered Users Posts: 220
    Awesome!!

But when shall we see Bretonnia?
    "Bow pilgrims, bow before the Wisdom of Asaph made flesh, the Voice of Vengeful, the Lioness of the Hills, She Whose Legions Blot Out the Sun With Their Arrows, High Queen Khalida, Guardian of Dammed Lahmia, the Watchfull Soul and The Serpent Queen" -Lich Priest Djubti

MUH TUMB KEENGS

"Caesar I was and am Justinian"
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,762
    Sweet! :grin:
    Don't worry.
  • thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,929
  • drake1610drake1610 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 239
    edited July 2016
    can i give my soul to CA?
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    @mashkeysgetusername its live now ;)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    @Vastator

Carry on with your day sir!
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    The Beastmen playstyle is also characterised through their unique army stances. Beastmen Ambush is their standard mode of campaign map movement and enables the army to ambush enemy forces on the move.

The Hidden Encampment stance lets the army melt into the shadows and focus on their infrastructure and recruitment, invisible to all but the keenest-eyed enemy Lords.

Beast-Paths enables the army to ignore impassable terrain by following the secret paths known only to their kind. If an army is attacked in this stance, the ensuing battle will take place in one of the atmospheric new Beast Path battle-maps.

Like other races, The Beastmen can also enter the Raiding stance to harvest income, increase Bestial Rage and sow public disorder in enemy territory.

Well that's just wired, but hit and run friendly as hell.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,784
    Glad to see the race being added for GC, looking forward to them all being available there, but the mini campaign sounds worryingly small.

Are any other factions available to the player and do they have any additional units than the default GC ones of their race? That they've not been mentioned makes me assume not, but I'd love to be proven wrong; playing a campaign where a main faction is Middenland but no White Wolves or Teutogen Guard are on display would feel very shallow and make the purpose of having a separate campaign somewhat moot IMO.
  • mashkeysgetusernamemashkeysgetusername Registered Users Posts: 130

@mashkeysgetusername its live now ;)

Thank you!

They sound really cool, the resilience and hidden encampments especially avoid some of the major things that frustrated me when playing chaos warriors. And massed vanguard deployment is always fun. Looking forward to playing them!

• DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,181
    Why such a high price for it? It`s double the price pf other factions/race packs ca has done before. Chaos warriors race pack war 50% cheaper, and does this new dlc include that much more unit and gameplay wise??
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    I am sure many people will moan about the obvious reusing of certain mechanics, but I really like what CA have done here - there are some clever uses of said mechanics.

Happy to preorder.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior Member Netherlands, Friesland, LeeuwardenRegistered Users Posts: 7,128
    edited July 2016

Why such a high price for it? It`s double the price pf other factions/race packs ca has done before. Chaos warriors race pack war 50% cheaper, and does this new dlc include that much more unit and gameplay wise??

It contains a seperate mini campaign as stated by the steam store description
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior Member Netherlands, Friesland, LeeuwardenRegistered Users Posts: 7,128
    edited July 2016
    Mattzo said:

I am sure many people will moan about the obvious reusing of certain mechanics, but I really like what CA have done here - there are some clever uses of said mechanics.

Happy to preorder.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with reusing mechanics when done right.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    Will Middenland be playable?

I certainly hope so!
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

edited July 2016
    @DreadedNorwegian

The price for Call of the Beastmen is because is has so much more content that your usual faction pack. There is a whole story campaign (witch includes brand new map!) included in this DLC which gives you an extra 10ish hours of game-play and then Beastmen in the main GC which is plenty of hours of new campaigns! (never mind all the new shiny units , animations and sounds for beastmen!)

We will be showing of the content with livestreams and previews soon -and we will show you just how much value we feel is included! ^_^
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    edited July 2016
    I love this, but as I mentioned on Facebook, it is PRICEY. I honestly expected race packs to be about half this much. Obviously, you will still get a lot of people to buy them, but I sure you hope you did your marketing research and you're sure this will make more money, because honestly, it's a high price.

If there was a 25% discount for pre-ordering, it would be A LOT easier to understand.

Either way, it looks AMAZING and I am SO happy you surprised us all with Beastment. So great. Thanks again for the hundreds of hours I have been able to put into this game so far :)

Cheers CA

EDIT: Okay, so I just read the brief on the story campaign. This is like ... a completely different campaign map we can play instead of the grand campaign ?? (even though we get that too???) .. that sounds awesome. Is that the reason for the price jump?
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,181

@DreadedNorwegian

The price for Call of the Beastmen is because is has so much more content that your usual faction pack. There is a whole story campaign (witch includes brand new map!) included in this DLC which gives you an extra 10ish hours of game-play and then Beastmen in the main GC which is plenty of hours of new campaigns! (never mind all the new shiny units , animations and sounds for beastmen!)

We will be showing of the content with livestreams and previews soon -and we will show you just how much value we feel is included! ^_^

Hm, sounds fair enough.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
    @bennymcl thats correct you get the Story campaign and the Beastmen playable for the Grand Campaign!
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,620

@bennymcl thats correct you get the Story campaign and the Beastmen playable for the Grand Campaign!

Do we get to play as Middenland in the main canpaign?
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797

Do we get to play as Middenland in the main canpaign?
    Good question!
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,022
    PREORDERED!!! Now... Skaven... when? :D