Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Winds of death in desperate need of nerf...

2»

Comments

• FlurryFlurry Registered Users Posts: 70
    feels like winds of death does what flaming head should be doing. I actually think that winds of death is in a good spot, the other spells just arent anywhere near that. Comet of... that skill takes for ever to summon and when this giant comet hits your units they are like: what was that, did someone just rip a fart?

Winds of death does not need a nerv, other spells need a buff especially skills that "should" be dealing dmg
  • eQsassyljayeQsassyljay Registered Users Posts: 124
    I believe it needs a nerf, the damage is pretty severe to dwarfs for the effort required to execute it OR give the dwarfs a two click spell that can wreck an infantry line against VC. That way the VC player has to adjust his lines and deal with the added micro pressure as well. I am being a bit sarcastic here but honestly the arguments that the dwarf player just needs to micro better are nonsense, I am sorry it's a suggestion in a bubble. Why shouldnt the VC player have to micro more and up his awareness ???

I dont use a long line and stagger my troops in a circular formation that has served me well, including sometimes against winds of death but usually the VC player can line up a shot that at least hits two units and usually takes well over half health. This isnt skillful, I dont get it, why would we want one or two click spells that wreck? I dont want that, I want to outplay my opponent and be rewarded for tatical skill and maneuvres that take some effort and time. Not oh woops you saw it coming but missclicked that means I get to wreck 2-4 of your units. It doesnt feel good for either player surely?
  • Widowmaker1981Widowmaker1981 Registered Users Posts: 80
    Yeah as others have said, other vortexes need buffing, WoD doesnt need nerfing. AOE magic is puny as hell in the vanilla version of this game tbh, with the exception of a few spells.

If you don't want magic to be a thing, Warhammer probably isn't the best IP to be playing....
  • eQsassyljayeQsassyljay Registered Users Posts: 124
    I am happy to have magic I just feel it doesnt need to do so much damage to help decide a skirmish or influence one area of the battle. Remember I am referring to the damage some vortex spells do specifically to dwarfs(across all their units), which is much more than to other factions currently due to their mass (As I understand from other people's theories on how magic damage is worked out).
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 613
    yeah but thats an issue CA has to fix, actually dwarfs take more damage from different aoe spells due to their mass, but they have magic resistance and the mass outweight the magic resistance that's an major gameflaw.
  • TreliantTreliant Registered Users Posts: 197
    Out of curiosity have you tallied up the amount of damage your ranged units inflict on the vampire counts before they engage? Neheck and winds are vamps ranged potential so I do feel like when they hit they need to make something happen.
    I haven't yet landed on how I feel about the winds spell. The only change I might offer up first is a reduction in its travel distance. Right now it can hit 5+ units if they are lined up poorly and that's gg off 1spell. Like most I would rather see dwarfs get better resistance to spell damage, and the other vortex spells brought up to the level of threat winds offers.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    edited July 2016
    Quote removed.

I've tried multiple times to get winds of death to work and it never seems to give me results. It either curves off to nowhere or just doesn't deal the damage.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Th3NarkTh3Nark Registered Users Posts: 157
    Curves off? It goes in a straight line.

I can play with VC a lil tonight and use it then upload the replay if you want so you can see how it works?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,137
    Post with inappropriate content removed. and several posts quoting and commenting on it.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    There we go. It wasn't the perfect kind of setup for it (was hoping to be joined in battle and long thin lines) but 1 cast, 130 kills.
    Like you can say "Oh but he didn't move his troops!!!!" but there is no way 1 spell should be able to kill that many units.

It's a very short replay cause he left after I cast it.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15142673056776070377

If I get a better example I'll edit and post it.
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 613
    overcharged wind cost around 25 winds of magic near your whole mana pool so actually it should have a big game impact. the other spells should too thats the gameflaw atm. not the damage. When youdont like Warhammer Magic damage to units aoe wise dont play a Warhammer game. Magic has to be gamechanging in Warhammer and was always game changing.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    edited July 2016
    Th3Nark said:

I can play with VC a lil tonight and use it then upload the replay if you want so you can see how it works?

It has blatantly curved on me on multiple occasions.

I'll see if I can find a replay after work.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
    That replay I put up there wasn't overcast, you never need to OC cause it already does more than enough damage.
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Kayosiv said:

Th3Nark said:

It has blatantly curved on me on multiple occasions.

I'll see if I can find a replay after work.
    It can curve, but its turn angle is very low, so unless you roll multiple turns in the same direction it will pretty much go in a straight line.
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron