Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are the New Maps Supposed to Mess With Us?

Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
Why would you make a map that takes place next to a burning village with bridges elevated ground and obstacles and not allow us to use it? Why put it in the map at all? A lot of criticism comes from forcing people to constantly fight pitched battles even if theyre on the defensive and the answer to this is put it in the background for us to wish we could use it? Kemmler mentions Krell yet hes not in the game. State troops bring up flagellants yet theyre not in the game. Now we get to stare at the battle that could have been only not to have it? So I ask. Is all this just to mess with us?
A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Comments

• ValeliValeli Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,956
    edited July 2016
    I must admit I laughed a bit in the beastmen campaign walkthrough when the Jaberslyth was brought into the game.... in the form of a narrative dilemma.

It was a bitter sort of laughter, but I genuinely chuckled.
    Post edited by Valeli on
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170
    I really hope that CA is working on expanding the siege battles, and giving us settlement battles back, if ANYTHING please give modders the ability to make maps even if its JUST with existing content, seeing how epic your battle COULD be is annoying, especially when the awesome fighting area is JUST off screen.....
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 500
    Valeli said:

I must admit I laughed a bit in the beastmen campaign walkthrough then the Jaberslyth was brought into the game.... in the form of a narrative dilemma.

+1
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    Gwydion said:

I really hope that CA is working on expanding the siege battles, and giving us settlement battles back, if ANYTHING please give modders the ability to make maps even if its JUST with existing content, seeing how epic your battle COULD be is annoying, especially when the awesome fighting area is JUST off screen.....

Yes I agree. Sieges even with the current lack of 360 city attacks the format would still be perfect for layered defense. For example attackers get through the first wall and have to get through a second. Or a bridge crossing where you can place artillery on the opposite side that covers a retreat. Maybe an outer sub wall like Consantinople which can attempt to hold the enemy back from the walls themselves. Just spitballing here but any of those would be better than a wall a small area to fight in surrounded by a beautiful background which we can't use. Why spend time modeling it if we can't use it?
  • DerpCatDerpCat Registered Users Posts: 448
    They keep selling themselves short, so much potential and they just throw it away. And all to not make the AI look dumber than it is, bc if the maps were more complex then what they are the AI would have a stroke, thast my guess anyways. Give up CA we already know the AI is ****. But until SP is the most important part of TT then they cant have too much of an idiot AI bc thats your enemy on SP
    DerpCat said:

They keep selling themselves short, so much potential and they just throw it away. And all to not make the AI look dumber than it is, bc if the maps were more complex then what they are the AI would have a stroke, thast my guess anyways. Give up CA we already know the AI is ****. But until SP is the most important part of TT then they cant have too much of an idiot AI bc thats your enemy on SP

Ive seen their presentation on how they made the sieges in a template form so that the AI could prioritize defense by sector. But that is applicable even with deeper cities right? If there was another layer like how described before then you could still keep the square templates as well as giving the player acess to a more rich experience. Rather than just a pretty picture in the background. Same with minor settlements. Theres no reason that we shouldnt be able to have that same pitched battle except with obstacles. The AI in this game is the best weve seen of TW yet Im supposed to believe that it cant handle the same things it used to? I never once had an AI blow its fuse defending a town before. And yes while on walled cities it would sometimes fail to make common sense choices taking the 360 degree cities shouldve fixed that anyway. Im just frustrated with content Id like to see being flaunted in my face when I still cant use it.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170

DerpCat said:

Ive seen their presentation on how they made the sieges in a template form so that the AI could prioritize defense by sector. But that is applicable even with deeper cities right? If there was another layer like how described before then you could still keep the square templates as well as giving the player acess to a more rich experience. Rather than just a pretty picture in the background. Same with minor settlements. Theres no reason that we shouldnt be able to have that same pitched battle except with obstacles. The AI in this game is the best weve seen of TW yet Im supposed to believe that it cant handle the same things it used to? I never once had an AI blow its fuse defending a town before. And yes while on walled cities it would sometimes fail to make common sense choices taking the 360 degree cities shouldve fixed that anyway. Im just frustrated with content Id like to see being flaunted in my face when I still cant use it.
    I've been yelling and requesting the same things ( and so have many others) since before launch, just keep politely offering constructive criticism until they cave :D
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • nyraannyraan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    Valeli said:

I must admit I laughed a bit in the beastmen campaign walkthrough when the Jaberslyth was brought into the game.... in the form of a narrative dilemma.

Vampire Counts had a similar narrative about the blood knights before they were released as a unit. Now they are a unit and not just +2 XP for cavs.. who knows? :D

not putting any hopes for any time soon though.
    Gwydion said:

DerpCat said:

I've been yelling and requesting the same things ( and so have many others) since before launch, just keep politely offering constructive criticism until they cave :D
    As long as we keep it constructive I think these converstations are good. I dont think its wrong to say I enjoy all the epicness and variety this title offers while at the same time telling CA that I want the depth of the prior titles.