Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer dead?

13»

Comments

• PaminaPamina Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 936
    edited May 2015
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited May 2015
    Call me an optimist or even naive, but is still think there is hope for Attila. There is another culture to be released (desert) and CA is stating that the game is far from over.
    And there are lots of people who want to play the game, but are bored with the actual stand of balance/meta.
    I didn´t give up hope yet.

Everyone here obviously likes total war in general and it has potential but I just don't see CA actually doing anything. If they wanted to make good multiplayer they would've done something with Rome II. Its just so fustrating when you know it would be awesome with a bit of time and effort put into it but you know that's not CAs priority.

I am not optimistic about Atilla. Arena is completely different so I'm not going to discuss that but as far as Attila goes I can see it declining even more from here on.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited May 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Total War multiplayer is one of the worst games to be interested in. We want to make multiplayer happen so bad but at the end of the day the devs don't care that much.

There's nothing fun to do apart from tourney games and they will die out unless something changes. CA tease us with a little bit of bare bones multiplayer and we can dream of good multiplayer but it just hasn't happened.

So true. The thing is that theres so much potential and they dont even realise it, thats what broke my heart :(

TW multi is like a ferrari that we dont have the key to use it and we end up pushing it like ******s.

Total War Attila isnt strategy game. It is just as a reflex game.
    I agree.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited May 2015
    Everyone here obviously likes total war in general and it has potential but I just don't see CA actually doing anything. If they wanted to make good multiplayer they would've done something with Rome II. Its just so fustrating when you know it would be awesome with a bit of time and effort put into it but you know that's not CAs priority.

I am not optimistic about Atilla. Arena is completely different so I'm not going to discuss that but as far as Attila goes I can see it declining even more from here on.

I hope the devs really aren't that brain-dead to think that they can make Attila and Rome 2 MP this barebones and unbalanced and somehow make Arena a perfectly balanced game (which it needs to be). A smart company would do this: If they had plans of making Arena during Shogun 2 (which they did IIRC), start with Avatar System and Dojos, which they did, then BUILD UPON THAT in Rome 2, fine tune the retainer and veteran system, and do the same with Attila!

I just can't see a developer that has been so singularly focused on the single player side of things to turn around and build a well-balanced massively multiplayer game. Even though people have been saying Arena is great, I don't have my hopes up for it.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
    edited May 2015
    I hope the devs really aren't that brain-dead to think that they can make Attila and Rome 2 MP this barebones and unbalanced and somehow make Arena a perfectly balanced game (which it needs to be). A smart company would do this: If they had plans of making Arena during Shogun 2 (which they did IIRC), start with Avatar System and Dojos, which they did, then BUILD UPON THAT in Rome 2, fine tune the retainer and veteran system, and do the same with Attila!

I just can't see a developer that has been so singularly focused on the single player side of things to turn around and build a well-balanced massively multiplayer game. Even though people have been saying Arena is great, I don't have my hopes up for it.

There is a separate team working on arena. Not the same dev group as Attila
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

• TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    edited May 2015
    ^^ Arena is its own thing. It is not TW multiplayer.
    I just started playing AOE: II and Verdun :D More satisfaction than TW MP has given me for a while, sadly. :(

I've been looking at other MP games too. So far I'm thinking about MoW and Goo.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • IdioManiacIdioManiac Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 330
    edited May 2015
    ^^ Arena is its own thing. It is not TW multiplayer.

I've been looking at other MP games too. So far I'm thinking about MoW and Goo.

Mow 2 AS is always looking for new pplz, and there is a small community trying to get it going but its like rlly ******g lag dependent, a little lag and the rage meter goes crazy :P 4 me at least lol

And at the point where ur better than most nubs but still to shiet to play with the big bois gl hf finding a good game lol
    Me
    [-DF-] Skritshell: Hey whats up?
    [-DF-] Chaos: about to start a tourney game
    [-DF-] Skritshell: cool guy any good?
    [-DF-] Chaos: Should win 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: and?
    [-DF-] Chaos: lost 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: ahhh
    [-DF-] Skritshell: well done
    [-DF-] Chaos: ty
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    edited May 2015
    IdioManiac wrote: »
    Mow 2 AS is always looking for new pplz, and there is a small community trying to get it going but its like rlly ******g lag dependent, a little lag and the rage meter goes crazy :P 4 me at least lol

And at the point where ur better than most nubs but still to shiet to play with the big bois gl hf finding a good game lol

Another depressing story about war game MP. Yay.
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    edited May 2015
    Another depressing story about war game MP. Yay.

speaking of wargame, wargame red dragon seems like such a good game if it werent for the mostly toxic MP community and insane learning curve. tons of depth.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    edited May 2015
    I just play TF2 when I haven't got tourney matches to play. Its finally getting a competitive matchmaking update soon after 7 years lol. I'm stuck with this until I can get a decent PC to run some other games.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

edited May 2015
    I'm stuck with this until I can get a decent PC to run some other games.

so you're stuck with TF2 forever then? burnrekt420
    edited May 2015
    so you're stuck with TF2 forever then? burnrekt420

No maybe this summer if not Christmas. I'll still play tf2 cus its good but I will be able to play other games like Arena om maybe CSGO
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

• CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 808
    edited May 2015
    Guys .I recommend Insurgency . It is best tacitcal shooter.Great game ,free dlcs , free steam workshop, workshop works in multi. lol
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited May 2015
    First non CA Total War is going to be out soon. Great expectations there.
  • Robzter the firstRobzter the first Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Secuter wrote: »
    Imo, Shogun 2 had the best mp as of yet, especially when it came to keeping interest high.
    . Rome 1 was the best when you think about how the battle happened not just one on one but 100 Guys kills steike at one at once. XD family three ftw and would hope the would put it on rome 2 to.
    edited May 2015

If you're referring to warhammer I highly doubt it will have multiplayer features and it is being developed by CA still. Maybe factions will be more interesting and unique but balance will probably still be bad.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

edited May 2015
    If you're referring to warhammer I highly doubt it will have multiplayer features and it is being developed by CA still. Maybe factions will be more interesting and unique but balance will probably still be bad.

Its not Warhammer. Going to post a link for you in the steam chat as soon as steam goes online again for me.
    With a decent unit balance and some more maps, Attila Mp would be ok for me, i don´t need more features. Also we sometimes forget that there are also siege and naval battle, as well as mp campaign so one could argue its not really that poor.
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited May 2015

Same here.

Cant wait to brake the ice(berg) :p with this game

Hope that I will understand and that the hole thing wont be Chinese for me :p
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited May 2015

Could you message me with that link as well mate? I think I've seen it somewhere before but can't find it. Thanks :)
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    edited May 2015
    Could you message me with that link as well mate? I think I've seen it somewhere before but can't find it. Thanks :)

Done
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,821
    edited May 2015
    Why can't people just say what this game is? I want to know as well.
    edited May 2015
    This is the official TW Forums. Last time someone posted a link, it was moved and then erased.
    But feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983463971/home/
  • vaensonvaenson Member Registered Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2015
    cant u just post the link on ur profil :)
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,705
    edited May 2015
    This is the official TW Forums. Last time someone posted a link, it was moved and then erased.
    But feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983463971/home/
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/155103-New-TW-Esque-title It's still here. Please feel free to continue the discussion there and let this thread get back to Attila.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    edited May 2015
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/155103-New-TW-Esque-title It's still here. Please feel free to continue the discussion there and let this thread get back to Attila.

Thanks a lot. Was having a hard time finding it.
  • ProsperoProspero Registered Users Posts: 18
    The thread is gone... what was it?