Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ninjahund's army-composition guide to TW:W Multiplayer.

NinjahundNinjahund Registered Users Posts: 242
Hello all,

I am Ninjahund, a streamer at www.twitch.tv/Ninjahund that has a 86% winrate in over 1300 games. I'm here to give you guys a multiplayer guide to help you out in multiplayer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJmv8k5jY2oKaTuczG859jm8GAAWf_ZFgqq044jfWPo/edit

I've created a guide to help people new to multiplayer to find standard armies they can play for each faction, to get a feel for things. In the armies I've explained the different tactics accompanying each army.

I hope this is helpful to people : )

Comments

• CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users Posts: 3,031
    Hi Ninjahund! This is great =) Have you considered putting it up on steam in the Steam guides area for a wider reach? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • CeltiKCeltiK Registered Users Posts: 161
    This is really great, much appreciated :)
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    Hellow Ninjahund!
    Do you have an Empire army composition with artillery?
    What compistion would you suggest for a goblin-themed army? Not something competitive, but decent.
  • NinjahundNinjahund Registered Users Posts: 242
    Hello Gearsus,

I do have a goblin army, though I don't have it screenshottet. If you swing by the stream and ask for it, I can show it to you on stream - same with the empire artillery. Sorry, but it's a bit much to write here : )

Hi Ninjahund! This is great =) Have you considered putting it up on steam in the Steam guides area for a wider reach? =)

I did Charlotte, but boy are Steam guides a lot of work if you want to do them properly. D:

And Gearsus, now that I have time, here's a goblin army I use to mostly success:

1 giant, 1 Arachnarok, 3 goblin wolf riders, 2 goblin big bosses with spider mounts and potions of your choice (I take both healings) a night goblin shaman with Vindictive Glare, Sneaky stabbin' and Itchy nuisance and the goblin lord without any spells or mounts. Why? he'll most likely get sniped, so you keep magic on the hidden night goblin shaman.

For the rest of the army, I take goblins. Just good old goblins. And then I spam the rest of the money on upgrading the goblins to ranks 5-7, so that they're a lot better than people realize and the tactic is simple: Strength in numbers. Overwhelm your enemy with numbers, flank and hit him in the back and then use your monsters to cause terror or kill single target units. : )
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    edited August 2016
    @Ninjahund
    Thank you for responce. I will try it out in multiplayer.
    I have also joined your steam group, and I am looking forward to participate in battles.
    Post edited by Debauchee on
  • MandalayMandalay Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 152
    A big thank you for taking the time to put the document together, but would you possibly consider breaking the twitch videos down into bite size chunks and uploading them to YT? Cheers
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    Im surprised you have hammerers in your build, are they really cost efficient?
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
    They are, yes.

And I'm afraid I just keep my vods, Mandalay, that you can watch. YT would be too much work for me I'm afraid : (
  • EarlEssexEarlEssex Southend-on-SeaRegistered Users Posts: 248
    A really interesting guide - thanks for sharing.

You're quite welcome, EarlEssex!
    Also question to people; would you like new armies for each patch, with units of renown incoming and new LLs?
  • SantobubuSantobubu Member Registered Users Posts: 400
    A very enlightening guide indeed. Thank you very much for putting the effort in compiling it. I like your explanations and your angle on all of it.

Once again, thanks a bunch and a good day to you sir.
  • EarlEssexEarlEssex Southend-on-SeaRegistered Users Posts: 248
    You're clearly a very intensive player - so any updates reflecting how best to use the new units would be great.

Maybe rather than do revised army lists (which will probably be very similar to the last ones) instead you could just review the new units?

Whatever you do, keep up the great work!

I do reviews on my stream, but I don't write them or do YT stuff on them I'm afraid!
  • UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 582
    Can you share some gameplay where you use these setups in an online match?
    It's not that I dont believe you. Just wanna see YOU use them and how that looks.
  • DerpCatDerpCat Registered Users Posts: 448
    Ninjahund said:

Hello all,

I am Ninjahund, a streamer at www.twitch.tv/Ninjahund that has a 86% winrate in over 1300 games. I'm here to give you guys a multiplayer guide to help you out in multiplayer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJmv8k5jY2oKaTuczG859jm8GAAWf_ZFgqq044jfWPo/edit

I've created a guide to help people new to multiplayer to find standard armies they can play for each faction, to get a feel for things. In the armies I've explained the different tactics accompanying each army.

Your first dwarf build is purely cheese, is this what MP builds have come to?
  • sigrsigr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 714
    DerpCat said:

Ninjahund said:

Hello all,

I'd hardly call it cheesy?
    <insert witty signature>
    Team Parthia
    Team England
    Team Maratha Confederacy
    Team Ikko-Ikki
    Team Something-Something-Germanic
    Team Tomb King, but until then Greenskin

Please return the Parthian avatar to the profile picture choices.
    sigr said:

DerpCat said:

Ninjahund said:

Hello all,

I'd hardly call it cheesy?
    5 gyros isnt cheese, pls.... not to mention i'd even contest two runesmiths can kinda be cheesy... i win a lot of my dwarf games and i dont have to pull this crap, you just need to understand how they work, imo dwarfs are the hardest faction to master bc people are just looking for rush armies like any other faction, tome 5 gyros is just insane, doesnt fit the dwarf rooster spirit and design at all
  • AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    One of those "rush factions" has no choice.....guess which one.....

Hello DerpCat,

There's 4 gyros. Not 5. I don't believe Dwarfs is the hardest race either. They aren't that difficult to pull off. A Dwarf's success depends largely on his opponent.

Two runesmiths isn't cheese either. Of course, cheese is subjective to a person's own opinion, but I don't find it cheesing. It's 4 artillery pieces. I could've brought 4 cannons and you wouldn't be talking ****.

And people aren't just looking for rush armies. That's just a silly statement that you use to try and enforce your invalid point.

It doesn't fit the dwarf roster spirit or design? Dwarfs are all about their engineering and their 'magical' runes. Hence the Runesmith and the Gyrocopters. They have battle-hardenered Slayers and a front line of warriors led by their High King.

If that doesn't fit the Dwarf spirit or design for you, then I don't know what to tell you.
  • GeniusWWEGeniusWWE Registered Users Posts: 184
    edited August 2016
    I think DerpCat idea of a dwarf army composition goes along the line of some warriors, one to two hero, some missiles troops, a cannon or two and a gyro or two. Something we usually see in TT games.

It can work but as you said, it largely depends on what faction you are facing and what your opponents bring. Unfortunately with the current meta, with no elite troops restriction, its very easy to counter a balance dwarf army.

Still, I don't think dwarves are as weak as what derpcat has suggested.
    Ninjahund said:

Hello DerpCat,

There's 4 gyros. Not 5. I don't believe Dwarfs is the hardest race either. They aren't that difficult to pull off. A Dwarf's success depends largely on his opponent.

Two runesmiths isn't cheese either. Of course, cheese is subjective to a person's own opinion, but I don't find it cheesing. It's 4 artillery pieces. I could've brought 4 cannons and you wouldn't be talking ****.

And people aren't just looking for rush armies. That's just a silly statement that you use to try and enforce your invalid point.

It doesn't fit the dwarf roster spirit or design? Dwarfs are all about their engineering and their 'magical' runes. Hence the Runesmith and the Gyrocopters. They have battle-hardenered Slayers and a front line of warriors led by their High King.

If that doesn't fit the Dwarf spirit or design for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Your comment sounds so angry, 4 gyros is still cheese, 2 runesmiths is arguably cheese, Also if you have slayers in the front you dont know how to use them. I can see how you win so often though, i bet you brought 3 vampire lords before the patch too ;)
    GeniusWWE said:

I think DerpCat idea of a dwarf army composition goes along the line of some warriors, one to two hero, some missiles troops, a cannon or two and a gyro or two. Something we usually see in TT games.

It can work but as you said, it largely depends on what faction you are facing and what your opponents bring. Unfortunately with the current meta, with no elite troops restriction, its very easy to counter a balance dwarf army.

Still, I don't think dwarves are as weak as what derpcat has suggested.

I dont think dwarfs are weak i never said that, but considering that it is a race most people complain to not be on par with others in MP i feel its safe to assume its one of the most difficult to master, you can win with a balanced dwarf army without the need of 4 gyros or 2 runemsiths, all im saying is this build is cheese it has no balance its all about hoping to exploit the fact that your enemy hasnt brought enough counters to gyros, this build has no sense of strategy
    I'm not angry at all, I just replied to your comment? And I never brought three vampire lords pre-patch. But you seem like an angry sort of person moaning about something for no reason, so I shall simply ignore you for now. Best of luck with you games.

Also - Hype for the new DLC! I'll probably do an updated guide after the DLC and balance patch hits.