Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can Napoleon Be Stopped?

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior MemberPosts: 2,343Registered Users
So I have come back to this game after several years and have gotten pretty far in my UK campaign. I've been fighting a prolonged war with Spain with Gibraltar changing hands several times. I finally beat them though and now have control over Iberia. In the meantime however, Napoleon has wrestled control of Europe, completely destroying Austria and Prussia. Now, only Russia stands in their way and I'm wondering if my efforts are too little too late? What do you all think?
Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    You'll be fine. You have an island to camp on in case things go sour. You should be churning out stacks of armies by now. And you're fighting against the AI so it shouldn't be too difficult...
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • Douro27Douro27 Senior Member Posts: 365Registered Users
    If you've conquered Iberia you should have 11 or 12 generals. If you can, take Majorca and Corsica which are generally lightly defended by militia. Eventually they will generate a couple more Generals.

I defend the Iberian Peninsular with ambush armies at the three entry points, Pamplona, two armies adjacent to the town which is fully manned with dragoons and Foot, on the border above Barcelona, three armies, and in the centre, four armies, all with Generals. None are affected by winter attrition. If, as you say, France has everything bar Russia, despite Gosling's optimism it will be tough.

Try and take Bordeaux and Toulouse and then defend the bridges with a couple of armies each, the rest forming an ambush on the border at Marseille. Two more Generals there eventually.

Keep your fleets active blockading etc.

Bear in mind, France by this time probably have over 30 Generals all leading armies, so only by a slow wearing down can you succeed.