Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next pre-order bonus for next title.

TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior MemberPosts: 268Registered Users
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Today ca has written a blog that say they have one team working in dlc and in the pre-order bonus for early adopters for the second game in the franchise of total war warhammer.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183522/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-1st-september-2016/
What do you think that bonus will be? acording to the dlc mining 2 exp. has only 3 races. Maybe a dlc of units or features as naval combat, because i dont think they will put 2 races in the base game (it is standalone game) and one more to pay(it would make many people not to buy it).

Do you agree with another pre-order bonus afer the comunity reaction and ca saying that maybe it wasn´t the best advertisment of the game?

Comments

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I'm hoping lizardmen-oriented. A statuette of a carnosaur or stegodont would be magnificent, though I suspect it'll be elf-oriented, which would suuuuuuuuuck.
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    Yes I like this, I pre-order everything so they can give me whatever free stuff they feel like
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,520Registered Users
    Well it will be "early adopter bonus", which is similar but can't really be accuse of try to scheme since it doesn't force you to buy the unknown.

As for the question, it is kinda hard.

Doing a race would be more obvious, then complete features, since it is easier to just advertise additional contend (such as a race) as completely new features.

looking at the data leak and somewhat following the thread of the first game, my bet would be Daemons of Chaos.

While not in the Data, the lirzardmen need someone to play with, when the game is on its own, besides the minor factions of empire, skaven and such.

And the Daemons are kinda they biggest enemy, both conflict and idealogical wise.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    SiWi said:

Well it will be "early adopter bonus", which is similar but can't really be accuse of try to scheme since it doesn't force you to buy the unknown.

Doing a race would be more obvious, then complete features, since it is easier to just advertise additional contend (such as a race) as completely new features.

looking at the data leak and somewhat following the thread of the first game, my bet would be Daemons of Chaos.

While not in the Data, the lirzardmen need someone to play with, when the game is on its own, besides the minor factions of empire, skaven and such.

And the Daemons are kinda they biggest enemy, both conflict and idealogical wise.

The demons were supposed to be the third expansion but maybe they have changed their minds because put the tomb king, ogres and chaos dwarfs as dlc without their map would be weird(or maybe they will increase the price and put the map in the dlc).
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,965Registered Users
    Yeah sure CA, THAT sounds like a great **** idea. Jesus christ. It should be noted they did say discussing, not adding, a bonus so it may not come. I swear to god if lizardmen, High Elves, or Dark elves, or Chaos God Factions are pre order bonuses I will... write a forum post that CA communiteam will pretend to listen too, if not just ignore
    If they made high elves a pre-order bonus, I might actually skip that pre-order so as to avoid having high elves in my game altogether
    edited September 2016

SiWi said:

The demons were supposed to be the third expansion but maybe they have changed their minds because put the tomb king, ogres and chaos dwarfs as dlc without their map would be weird(or maybe they will increase the price and put the map in the dlc).
    The thrid expansion in that leak was looking as if it was DoC only. Hence I always found that one odd.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Posts: 1,960Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Hmm... well it should be a faction that will exist on the new map for obvious reasons... unless it's not a faction? But then it could be units, LLs, anything really. It might make sense to use DoC given that WoC served this purpose in the first game. Of course, how DoC factor into things will depend on what CA wants to do with its third expansion and the focus on the factions of the four Chaos gods themselves. I suppose a chaos undivided faction of DoC could be a playable bonus?
  • throumbasthroumbas Junior Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    boyfights said:

Yes I like this, I pre-order everything so they can give me whatever free stuff they feel like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    throumbas said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's what I say while I'm playing my free dlc for the game I was going to pre-order regardless
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Posts: 1,260Registered Users
    I don't think there are enough factions left to include one as a preorder bonus DLC. Most likely one expansion will be the new world including Lizardmen, High Elf and the Dark elfs (possibly Skaven). I don't think they can spare any of thoose as a DLC.

Most likely it will be some lord pack for an already existing race, but with a starting position in the new world. That way it will work for thoose that only buy the expansion but don't have the main game.

E.g. a lord pack containing some VC lord with a staring position on the Campire Coast. It would offer a very unqiue playthrough. It would work for both thoose that have the base game and thoose who don't. They also shown that the lord packs are quite big, so it wouldn't be to small for a preorder bonus.
    Gaussia said:

I don't think there are enough factions left to include one as a preorder bonus DLC. Most likely one expansion will be the new world including Lizardmen, High Elf and the Dark elfs (possibly Skaven). I don't think they can spare any of thoose as a DLC.

Leak information suggest thata the expansion has "only" High&Dark Elves and Lirzardmen.
    Skaven are schedule as DLC for game one. So the LM only would get a minor skaven faction as main enemy, unless they add DoC ad early adopter bonus.

Most likely it will be some lord pack for an already existing race, but with a starting position in the new world. That way it will work for thoose that only buy the expansion but don't have the main game.

I don't see that working too well.
    Dwarfs&Empire don't really have big Armybook names for the new world, neither have VC and GS.
    Putting Marius Leitdorf into the new orld would be a bit odd.

E.g. a lord pack containing some VC lord with a staring position on the Campire Coast. It would offer a very unqiue playthrough. It would work for both thoose that have the base game and thoose who don't. They also shown that the lord packs are quite big, so it wouldn't be to small for a preorder bonus.

Any name for a VC canidate, because I right now don't see any of them.
    Thou I wonder who Nr.2 would be (if it is a real "lord pack").

But perhaps it isn't DoC or a Lord pack but something like a minicampaign of some sort. Like High elves first Deamon invasion.
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Posts: 1,260Registered Users
    Agreed it is not perfect, but is the most fitting thing I can come up with.

The most famous VC Lord in the new world would be http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Luthor_Harkon which would make for a decent LL (although I'd prefere the red duke or Neferata.

The other non Lizardmen/High Elf/Dark Elf alternatives would be Lord Skrolk/Arch Plaguelord Nurglitch from the Skaven Clan Pestilens (this risk being "A DLC for a DLC thogh".

There are some Estalian/Tilean/Norse settlements but I don't think they are not really good material for a playable faction.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    edited September 2016

Today ca has written a blog that say they have one team working in dlc and in the pre-order bonus for early adopters for the second game in the franchise of total war warhammer.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183522/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-1st-september-2016/
    What do you think that bonus will be? acording to the dlc mining 2 exp. has only 3 races. Maybe a dlc of units or features as naval combat, because i dont think they will put 2 races in the base game (it is standalone game) and one more to pay(it would make many people not to buy it).

Do you agree with another pre-order bonus afer the comunity reaction and ca saying that maybe it wasn´t the best advertisment of the game?

Firstly, it won't be a pre-order bonus as they called it an "Early adopters bonus" so it will work like chaos. Hopefully it won't be a race, although if it is then it should be a minor one. I cannot imagine the rage if it was Skaven or Lizardmen (As I'm pretty certain both the High and Dark Elves will be in.). I wouldn't mind a Lord Pack for any new race as long as it doesn't contain all of that Race's coolest units. A Lord pack for any existing race would be fine too as long as people who don't have game 1 don't have to buy it to access it's content. As to when Game 2 is released, I could see any time from late 2017 to late 2018 at the moment.

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 938Registered Users
    I suppose it will be a race. Skavens seem to be one of the most famous race and a lot of guys are waiting for them, so it would make sense to make them DLC.

But what I would also like is a mini campaign and/or one LL more for each race.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • DeathofjamsDeathofjams Posts: 290Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    One way to do it would be to have Skaven as the fourth race in the game, included with all purchases, but allow pre-purchasers to access them *in the first game* a couple of months before the release of the second (though maybe without some LLs and units, such as Clan Pestilens stuff). Most Skaven content would be in the old world, after all.

That would be a pretty powerful incentive to pre-order, and would avoid most of the usual cries of content-stripping: you're not being forced to pre-order or pay for something that "should be in the game", you're getting early access to something as a reward for pre-ordering. At worst, some people might complain that they'd like to buy Skaven separately without it being tied to the expansion, but people complaining that they want the opportunity to buy something from you isn't the worst thing in the world...

Blizzard recently did something this as part of their WoW: Legion expansion launch; pre-orderers got access to the new Demon Hunter class a couple of weeks before everyone else. A couple of other companies offer things like beta access for pre-ordering, too.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Posts: 1,960Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Are people expecting the second game to release around spring/summer of next year then? Because that is when Skaven are likely to come, being listed as the 10th DLC, and we're already at number 4.
  • SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    I'm going to be pretty impressed at their turn-around time, if they keep this schedule going non-stop. Hopefully once everything's done, they can do some revisits for some of the characters/faction that didn't get quite get enough time in the oven.

Are people expecting the second game to release around spring/summer of next year then? Because that is when Skaven are likely to come, being listed as the 10th DLC, and we're already at number 4.

I tend to go into fall 2017, rather then spring.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,864Registered Users
    Based on absolutely nothing, I'm going to guess that the main Skaven faction will be DLC for game 1 but Clan Pestilens units will be saved for game 2's pre-order.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,242Registered Users
    Veeeery interesting to me they mentioned characters in their next historical title. I thought many things about warhammer would make it in, but this could be extremely interesting.

(My money is still on WW1)
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,497Registered Users
    SiWi said:

We'll see, I have this feeling that CA would want to have an FLC for game 1 hit around the time when game 2 hits to reinvigorate more hesitant buyers...then again, the future plan thing only covers this year, right? Says nothing on the next.

I doubt we'll see a race as an early-adopter bonus, so likely something smaller...an LL choice for one of the races? Another questline? A minor faction of an available race's unlock? :)

Sidenote: On the three dlc/flc things being worked on...

With a new hero and magic lore next, it's likely that they're 2 of the three in a combination.
    Which leaves 1 dlc. We've had a Lord pack now, and before that a Campaign pack...Race pack next? Assumption, I know, but it would make sense to me. Can't be Bretonnia since that's very likely the flc race. That leaves Wood elves and Skaven? Both have areas on the map that could be made theirs.
    The outdated datamine suggests Wood Elves a bit, but wasn't that with a campaign? If it's a Race pack we wouldn't get that.
    So with assumptions upon assumptions...Skaven confirmed? :trollface:;)

Don't worry.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    Setrus said:

SiWi said:

We'll see, I have this feeling that CA would want to have an FLC for game 1 hit around the time when game 2 hits to reinvigorate more hesitant buyers...then again, the future plan thing only covers this year, right? Says nothing on the next.

I doubt we'll see a race as an early-adopter bonus, so likely something smaller...an LL choice for one of the races? Another questline? A minor faction of an available race's unlock? :)

With a new hero and magic lore next, it's likely that they're 2 of the three in a combination.
    Which leaves 1 dlc. We've had a Lord pack now, and before that a Campaign pack...Race pack next? Assumption, I know, but it would make sense to me. Can't be Bretonnia since that's very likely the flc race. That leaves Wood elves and Skaven? Both have areas on the map that could be made theirs.
    The outdated datamine suggests Wood Elves a bit, but wasn't that with a campaign? If it's a Race pack we wouldn't get that.

Do the Skaven use the lore of shadow? Because if they do, you could be right.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,530Registered Users, Moderators
    They could always just do another campaign pack and leave the race pack to launch for the first time with Bretonnia FLC. That would be nice. A lot of work, but nice.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    I suspect it won't be an entire faction considering the (justified) backlash for Chaos and that they've said they've "learned" from it. At worst we'll get something like a clan pestilence unit pack or something though I doubt it'll be that specifically (dlc for dlc, obvious mini-campaign material etc).

Honestly, I could see a lord and maybe some units but I doubt even that.

(Fyi, I was under the impression we were talking about the CE bonused, hence my previous comment)
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • EarlybirdEarlybird Posts: 592Registered Users
  • Pinkerton00Pinkerton00 Senior Member Posts: 471Registered Users
    One thing some of you are forgetting is that CA did come out and say that the planned DLC list that was datamined was old information and was no longer accurate. This means that some of the races may have been scrapped, but (more importantly for this discussion) the order of release may very well have been adjusted. Therefore, it's entirely possible that the current schedule might place Skaven as the first DLC post game 2. That would make the most sense, I think. Especially since the Skaven vs. Lizardmen is the most high-profile conflict in Lustria. However, I seriously doubt that they will just continue adding more and more LLs to a faction like VC instead of adding things for other races.
    If it is Skaven, the Skaven DLC will probably also include Skaven in the game 1 grand campaign.

That being said, including the Vampirates WOULD be pretty sweet. I would more like to see them as free content if you own game 1. And maybe you unlock Harkon when you beat the game 2 campaign? I don't know. Maybe he's FLC? I don't know. But ANOTHER lord pack featuring VC would be overkill, I think.
    Also, they might be able to do something with Skeggi (though it will probably be like the Norscan tribes in game 1 GC) and maybe even something cool with the Amazons (though, also probably will be unplayable).
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,497Registered Users
    Earlybird said:

Amazons

Oh god, that would be glorious. :love:

Setrus said:

SiWi said:

Do the Skaven use the lore of shadow? Because if they do, you could be right.
    They did before, not so sure they do now though. :/:)
    Don't worry.
  • EgonicEgonic Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Krunch said:

Yeah sure CA, THAT sounds like a great **** idea. Jesus christ. It should be noted they did say discussing, not adding, a bonus so it may not come. I swear to god if lizardmen, High Elves, or Dark elves, or Chaos God Factions are pre order bonuses I will... write a forum post that CA communiteam will pretend to listen too, if not just ignore

Why do you have such a problem with a pre order bonus?
    I can't see any reason to complain that they want to increase their pre orders by giving an incentive to do it.
    Is it that you can't afford to pre order it?
    Or are you one of those "Rome 2 didn't work at launch so I am going to complain for a decade"
  • Pinkerton00Pinkerton00 Senior Member Posts: 471Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Oh, and I should say that I'm 99% certain that it won't be chaos daemons. They had planned game 3 to be chaos daemons. And while they did say the dlc schedule we saw was old, I highly doubt it would have changed so much that they would have thought of an entirely different concept for the third standalone.