Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Give spells more "personality"

HorseWithNoNameHorseWithNoName Registered Users Posts: 1,001
As the balancing of spells slowly advances, I would like to talk about another aspect of spells and how to improve them and that is the spells "personality" for lack of a better word. CA has in my opinion quite wisely started off the spell system with spells falling into one of a few categories like maelstrom or explosion (with several exceptions), which is of course much easier to balance than having a slew of vastly different spells right from the get go. But in a game such as TWW where spectacle and interesting game mechanics make up a big part of the fun, I prefer to have each spell be made more unique in its aesthetics and mechanics as development progresses, and surely I am not alone with that opinion.

As I have already read suggestions about how certain spells could be changed to be more unique in terms of aesthetics and mechanics scattered in different threads, I thought I would start a discussion just to share ideas about this subject.
To start with, some of my suggestions:

Final Transmutation:
-change all colors on killed models to gold and disable all animations and ragdoll on it
-give factions with gold as currency a small amount of it after a battle if FT was cast

Traitor-kin:
In addition to damaging mounted units, make them run in a random direction for a small amount of time after being hit (~1sec)

Comments