Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lord Neferata: WIP Discussion (implementation on hold)

13»

Comments

• ZalgoZalgo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    Outlaw3D said:

Been a really busy week at work so I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on it. Next week I should have a revised massout with a few high poly segments.

illathid said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about what you're doing. I just want Neferata to look Nehekharan. Not reminiscent, but straight up a full blown Vampire/Pharaoh.

I'm not going full blown because I don't want her to look like a tomb king. She will look more like the Mortarch version with some sex appeal and Nehek imagery.

Don't mind what they say. You're the modder, you make Neferata in the image that you see her in. Sounds like Illathid is never going to be satisfied.
  • shinrosshinros Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    Zalgo said:

Outlaw3D said:

Been a really busy week at work so I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on it. Next week I should have a revised massout with a few high poly segments.

illathid said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about what you're doing. I just want Neferata to look Nehekharan. Not reminiscent, but straight up a full blown Vampire/Pharaoh.

I'm not going full blown because I don't want her to look like a tomb king. She will look more like the Mortarch version with some sex appeal and Nehek imagery.

Don't mind what they say. You're the modder, you make Neferata in the image that you see her in. Sounds like Illathid is never going to be satisfied.
    Agreed and soon as it's done I will download it straight away. :)

Keep up the good work Outlaw. :D
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....
  • AetaosRauKeresAetaosRauKeres Registered Users Posts: 327
    Outlaw3D said:

Hey guys. Just opened my art tumblr and the first featured work for it will be a mod for Total War: Warhammer!

It will be the Vampire Legendary Lord Neferata. For a Nice bit of backstory the lexicanum has it covered well. whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Neferata

For some early info and WIP images feel free to visit my tumbler page until the workshop gets into swing on steam. outlaw3d.tumblr.com/

On a side note I will be looking for a voice actress to do some lines for the game at a later stage. Right now the best way to get a hold of me in regards to the project is messaging through tumblr. If you have any experience or practice that is preferred but I'd love to hear from you either way!

One more day until release guys Hooray! I'm really excited to get this project finished and in-game!

i like the way she is dressing.
    We all know. the less clothing a female character has the greater the armour rating is.
  • illathidillathid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    Zalgo said:

Outlaw3D said:

illathid said:

I'm an opinionated jerk, and I call things like I see them. Plus it's not like I don't put my money where my mouth is. Me and my team have taken lots of suggestions on how to change things on ourfor the better (our suggestion thread has over 1,500 replies). But yeah the final decision is up to Mr. Outlaw3d himself. :)
    Like Warhamer Fantasy? Have CK2? Play the Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht mod!
  • Outlaw3DOutlaw3D Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2016
    Just put some more WIP stuff on my tumblr. Mostly just some reworked low poly stuff but it should give you guys a better impression of what she'll look like when shes done.

But I actually really like the criticism/crtitiques. While in the end its up to me and it's my art/vision, I am also making this stuff for you guys. In the future once I've gotten more of a portfolio built up and a solid workflow I plan to start my own studio. It'll just be me with a few of my friends helping out with some of the design/coding aspects. I want to be a freelance artist and if I can gather enough support I'll start a patreon account so I can slowly move towards modding/ modeling full time. I really love doing it and it's my dream to work from home making art.

Thanks for coming by guys!
    Post edited by Outlaw3D on
  • SanjuroSanjuro Senior Member U.K.Registered Users Posts: 1,743
    edited June 2016
    A thought on the WIP post, if that's the final size of the loincloth (i.e. nothing going over it), can I suggest it be made a little longer and wider at the bottom? It looks too "stubby" right now.

Also, if you can I would make the armour look a bit thicker and put an armour section over her groin.
    Sanjuro said:

A thought on the WIP post, if that's the final size of the loincloth (i.e. nothing going over it), can I suggest it be made a little longer and wider at the bottom? It looks too "stubby" right now.

Also, if you can I would make the armour look a bit thicker and put an armour section over her groin.

Now that you mention it that is one thing I forgot. I wanted to make the loin go down near her knees. As for the groin armor, there is a piece there it's just really hard to see it because it's got the same color as the loin right now. The inside part will just be a texture. what you see is purely geometry.
    I also think she needs a little colour on her face. Not necessarily the heavy makeup of the vampire hero but something, e.g. on the lips and eyeshadow.
  • shinrosshinros Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    edited June 2016
    I like it I could imagine her looking like that before the end times. The lioncloth has already been talked about so I won't mention it.

Man can't wait for the mod good job outlaw. :)
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    I like this, it looks better.
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Registered Users Posts: 644
    Maybe I am just too nit picking, but still looks like a witch elf:

photo Hellebron_zps05b4d245.jpg

Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
    Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
    Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    Along the nitpicky lines of some others... a couple of things to possibly add/change.

- You've already gone over the fact that there will be changes to the loincloth... one more thing I would add, is if you are using:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/d/d4/Neferata-0.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20151004033819

This for some inspiration then one thing that would look good is for the loincloth to have a slight arch in the way it's draped.. like in the picture. Highest at the hips and slightly arching down do give it a heavy draped appearence, also a nice skull buckle or the like would be a good addition to flair it up.

- I still personally think her gauntlets should come down further and cover the tops of her hands to just past the wrist, like in the picture.

- Lastly, I still think that the head accessory could be better for her. I really like the headgear in the picture, but I feel that she does need something slightly more ornate than her current headgear.
  • BadBiologistBadBiologist Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    http://daarken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Vc_QueenNeferata_01_23_Daarken.jpg

I don't know how far along you are in the modeling but I found this...might help for references and design
  • mundordinmundordin Land Down UnderRegistered Users Posts: 4
    edited August 2016
    hows your progress going? as a fan of the Vampires in this game I really what to have this, to conquer the world with the Vampire Queen

EDITED: also for when u update the WIP can you put in the time for me so i wont have to bug you in a weeks time. hahaha
  • mundordinmundordin Land Down UnderRegistered Users Posts: 4

http://daarken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Vc_QueenNeferata_01_23_Daarken.jpg

I don't know how far along you are in the modeling but I found this...might help for references and design

that was in the video on her lore that he did, amongst other pictures
    Unfortunately I doubt I will ever finish this mod. TCA have yet to release any tools to import/export meshes for editing. You can use existing assets and mix and match stuff around. But I cannot rig my model using their skeletons or import them into the game.

Seems like they wanted people to make mods but not use original assets. I've been digging around trying to find a workaround but it seems I would have to spend around 400 dollars on third party software. Even then there is no guarantee it would work as nobody has done this to verify if it works.

It's a shame TCA used some wonky format for their models that nobody has any support for. Maybe with some more time it may be possible as it was eventually possible for rome2 and attila. But it would seems that the TWW version of their mesh format is even more annoying than the others.

I'll keep trying but it doesn't look good.
  • MoritasgusMoritasgus Registered Users Posts: 744
    Outlaw3D said:

Unfortunately I doubt I will ever finish this mod. TCA have yet to release any tools to import/export meshes for editing. You can use existing assets and mix and match stuff around. But I cannot rig my model using their skeletons or import them into the game.

Seems like they wanted people to make mods but not use original assets. I've been digging around trying to find a workaround but it seems I would have to spend around 400 dollars on third party software. Even then there is no guarantee it would work as nobody has done this to verify if it works.

It's a shame TCA used some wonky format for their models that nobody has any support for. Maybe with some more time it may be possible as it was eventually possible for rome2 and attila. But it would seems that the TWW version of their mesh format is even more annoying than the others.

I'll keep trying but it doesn't look good.

Sadly i think you'll have to wait for them to finish the DLCs before we get that ability. Otherwise some bright spark will make DLC quality other races and lords which will hurt sales when CA finally make them.
    Can only hope.
    I'm going to PAX again this year and I hope to talk to the Devs. They usually have a pretty comprehensive panel there so I may be able to get the answers I need. I'm going to finish this mod's assets for the hell of it so if the day comes I can actually put her in game I'll have what I need.

Meanwhile if someone wants to help work up some stat and ability guidelines I'd love to hear other peoples takes.
    I'm going to update the title as well so as not to tease people too much.

Thanks for sticking around though guys. I've had a pretty crazy year with a lot going on and I'm glad the community here is still strong.
  • FormosaFormosa Registered Users Posts: 97
    Debufs out the ying yang dude, basically any character that tries to fight her in combat should be fighting an up hill battle.
    Outlaw, I'm glad to see you didn't just give up but hit a problem that meant you were delayed somewhat.

You might also want to ask if they're planning to do an actual Neferata release.
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Registered Users Posts: 644
    Sanjuro said:

Outlaw, I'm glad to see you didn't just give up but hit a problem that meant you were delayed somewhat.

You might also want to ask if they're planning to do an actual Neferata release.

They would deny it, its standart game company behaviour. Alhotught, if you can read facial expressions, you could tell, if they are not telling the truth or not.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
    Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
    Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji