Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves Speculation - Campaign Map

2»

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    As I said, sometimes Lore has to stand aside when it's not fun, Hordes can be fun but we have enough and they are kind of lazy, I think the Welfs will probably be a settled faction that can conquer Human areas. But as you mentioned and as I have expressed on the forums before, ultimately my preferred outcome would be for Athel Loren to be a submap with between 10 and 14 provinces, sized roughly equivalent to the map in CotBM, threatened by Beastmen, orcs from the south, Dwarfs and perhaps by some undead faction at the border of the Cairns, then only then would I not mind if the Welfs couldn't expand outside the forest, and if they just had some other goals like Defeat Chaos or something that would be fine.

Also @Setrus Lets face it, Creative Assembly is well known for being fairly Un Creative and uninspired. But that's a topic for another time.
  • TotalWarChakaxTotalWarChakax Registered Users Posts: 617
    Krunch said:

As I said, sometimes Lore has to stand aside when it's not fun, Hordes can be fun but we have enough and they are kind of lazy, I think the Welfs will probably be a settled faction that can conquer Human areas. But as you mentioned and as I have expressed on the forums before, ultimately my preferred outcome would be for Athel Loren to be a submap with between 10 and 14 provinces, sized roughly equivalent to the map in CotBM, threatened by Beastmen, orcs from the south, Dwarfs and perhaps by some undead faction at the border of the Cairns, then only then would I not mind if the Welfs couldn't expand outside the forest, and if they just had some other goals like Defeat Chaos or something that would be fine.

Also @Setrus Lets face it, Creative Assembly is well known for being fairly Un Creative and uninspired. But that's a topic for another time.

And balance has to stand aside when it's not fun, but does anyone care about that?
  • epic_159741717334pmOxTsbepic_159741717334pmOxTsb Registered Users Posts: 183
    Keeping a balance might be really interesting...No faction controls more than X provinces AND none of the "good guys" get wiped out...with the right diplomatic advantages...and maybe the ability to "share" a province...in highly wooded areas with transportation through the world roots.

Might be interesting...give huge advantages in heavily wooded areas...maybe ability to summon nasties but only in the woods...Extreme strategic mobility gives striking power...and defensive advantages in home provinces...and the ability to co-exisit...Could be visble, challenging fun.

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    edited September 2016

Krunch said:

And balance has to stand aside when it's not fun, but does anyone care about that?
    Irrelevant to the current discussion
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,373
    Stay on the OP's topic. Start your own conversation if you want to discuss something else.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    athel loren should be one or two provinces, with upgrades that are very costly but that provide more significant bonuses, because a faction that focuses on growing taller instead of expanding territory would be an interesting change for total war. give the armies the same raiding camp stance as greenskins with recruitment and decent replenishment and the same basic ambush stance as beastmen and you have a perfectly fluffy wood elf faction

boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.