Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves - When?!

Comments

• Phoenix99Phoenix99 Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    People forget that CA said that the data mined schedule is inaccurate and out of date. I would not be surprised if we wont get WE until Bretonia, not sure why people insist that WE must be next.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Told y'all we wont get anything
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Posts: 328Registered Users
    DP1982SK said:

People forget that CA said that the data mined schedule is inaccurate and out of date. I would not be surprised if we wont get WE until Bretonia, not sure why people insist that WE must be next.

They have a strategy when they want to release a DLC loooong before the game is out... a short "its out of date" isnt a real dementi...

I am at leadt zp to 90 percent sure this is the final row...
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,213Registered Users
    DP1982SK said:

Because the only info that we have directly supplied by CA is the FLC schedule which CA have been updating as FLC drops and therefore would still seem to be current, WE fits in with this as does a Greenskin/Dwarf LL pack before Bretonnia drops.

The data mine just supports this and so far has proved accurate.
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Posts: 768Registered Users
    Just wondering why we have this thread? Did CA say that the next woul dhave been Wood Elves DLC?

Perhaps wich I hope , since its taking more time than usual , coul dbe a whole DLC of Elves with both High , Dark and Wood?
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users

coul dbe a whole DLC of Elves with both High , Dark and Wood?

Hey mate, are you alright?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,118Registered Users, Moderators
    It seems likely to be Elves, and the FLC schedule really does suggest it. FLC tends to drop with DLC, and as we got a lore of magic and wizard hero with that lore for FLC with the Beastmen (Campaign Pack), who basically needed to come with Lore of Beasts, it seems likely that the next DLC will also include a Lore of Magic that would come with that race. This really leaves Wood Elves (Lore of Shadows and/or Life) and Bretonnia (Lore of Life). It can't be Bretonnia, though, because it was said that we would not pay for Bretonnia (all but outright stating that Bretonnia is the FLC race promised).
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,213Registered Users

Just wondering why we have this thread? Did CA say that the next woul dhave been Wood Elves DLC?

Perhaps wich I hope , since its taking more time than usual , coul dbe a whole DLC of Elves with both High , Dark and Wood?

Don't think so the published DLC types identified by CA only add a single race per DLC. Its only been 5 weeks since G&G, a campaign DLC will probably take a bit more time. The last update to "what are teams are presently working on":

"Having recently released ‘Call of the Beastmen’, one of our best-selling Total War DLCs to date, the New Content Team are just now launching ‘The Grim & The Grave’ today (likely to hit after 4pm BST).

It’s still a very busy time in the team, as they pull out all the stops to fulfil our vision of lots of free-LC and DLC content to support the huge trilogy of WARHAMMER titles we have planned. In fact, across the various members of the team, three different DLC and Free-LC releases are at different stages of development with design work underway, concept art being created or animations being put together.

And that’s not to mention the very early planning and conversations we are having around an early adopter bonus and the DLC and free content plans for the second WARHAMMER game."

There's a lot going on. Just because the initial DLC's dropped at around monthly intervals does not necessary mean CA would be able to maintain that rate.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    DP1982SK said:

They did indeed, well at least out of date, and the further we get from launch the less reliable it may well become. Though even if it was still exactly right a statement along those lines was to be expected, if only to allow delays etc to happen. A denial of it being accurate anymore was sensible even if at that point it was, as confirming it was real while not issuing such a denial would have lead to accusations of lying later.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKPosts: 5,394Registered Users
    DP1982SK said:

Since the days of full steam CA have not renumber a DLC that has been included in the data mines, so it's safe to assume wood elves are DLC5.

That said the order of release has changed (I think it was rome2 female warriors DLC came very late) and some are still stubs that never got made.

Since wood elves are going to be released one way or the other that leaves delayed, when we compare this against the FLC list it looks like low work FLC are to be combined with high work DLC, in this case the next FLC is one empire hero a wizard "if" the corresponding lore is required by the DLC (like beastmen and lore of the beast).
    In this case we have lore of life and shadow both are firm favorites of the wood elves and neither have a better race in the old world (maybe chaos dwarfs and shadow? it's been a while since they where official).

Lastly launching Bretonia at the same time as wood elves isn't in the marketing interest of CA/SEGA/GW, Bretonia would be much happier as an early Christmas gift (maybe DLC-less) to help sell the other 6 DLC during the holidays. good PR can never be under sold.

All that said everything is subject to change and complete overhaul, all we know is the next patch will fix RoR for the AI and some people call him the stig.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Posts: 1,401Registered Users
    edited October 2016

Make every faction the same? I am sure that the 80-90% players (SP) are going to love it!

No, seriously if CA want to do that, I am more than happy so long as they keep us SP guys well away from it.

that is an archaic vision of balance. it works when you only have 2-3 factions, but when you have 6 - 16 choices the factions definitly do not need to be able to have the same chances to win against each other.
    in this case entire factions are designed around countering the usual builds of other factions

Gotta love multiplayer bashing.
    Such mindset comes from people, who have been playing strategy games since childhood, but sucked at every single one of them. They've never tried multiplayer, never cared about meta, never dedicated time and effort to become a better player. They grew up and now they have IDEAS... They give developers ADVICES on balancing... They've learned fancy words like "asymmetric balance" and juxtaposed it with their own ridiculous definition.
    Your idea is that factions should not have equal chances of winning agianst each other? Your opinion is ignorant and cancerous. Stop spreading misinformation, that interferes with developers work. In terms of balancing CA are following good industry practise by listening to top players feedback and gathering multiplayer data. Balancing team made a couple of mistakes and questionable choices, but the general direction they are heading is right. They have a herculean task ahead of them, and your MP hatred circlejerk does not make it any easier. If you don't have any useful feedback, at least don't post an asinine one.

• GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaPosts: 543Registered Users
    twwatcher said:

DP1982SK said:

Because the only info that we have directly supplied by CA is the FLC schedule which CA have been updating as FLC drops and therefore would still seem to be current, WE fits in with this as does a Greenskin/Dwarf LL pack before Bretonnia drops.

The data mine just supports this and so far has proved accurate.
    Next DLC has to be a race that has a lore of magic shared with Empire (Shadow or Life) and fits in the current map.

The DLC after will come with the Greenskins LL free, so I'd put all my money on the White Dwarf DLC, after all, a Dwarf LL with a Greenskin LL has a lot of sense. After that we will get Bretonnia probably in December.

The candidates for next races are very limited. The only races that fit the current map are Wood elves and Skavens, and Skavens don't share any new lore of magic with the Empire. Tomb Kings, Ogres kingdoms need an extension of the map, which I'm sure it will be a free content before the second game, probably during the first months of 2017. After that we can expect game 1 to be finished and either they will stop launching TW for a long period, they will go with a new historical title or they will launch game 2 on Summer 2017.
    Malekith is the true Phoenix King and Wood elves can suck my Widow-maker

AZoReu8.png

The candidates for next races are very limited. The only races that fit the current map are Wood elves and Skavens, and Skavens don't share any new lore of magic with the Empire. Tomb Kings, Ogres kingdoms need an extension of the map, which I'm sure it will be a free content before the second game, probably during the first months of 2017. After that we can expect game 1 to be finished and either they will stop launching TW for a long period, they will go with a new historical title or they will launch game 2 on Summer 2017.

Doesn´t the Bretonians share a lore of Magic with the empire too? Maybe we get Bretonia with a new Hero and a new lore all together?

I think we a finished in the first month with game one and see game 2 in sommer 2017...

Doesn´t the Bretonians share a lore of Magic with the empire too? Maybe we get Bretonia with a new Hero and a new lore all together?

I think we a finished in the first month with game one and see game 2 in sommer 2017...

The two lores left are lore of life and lore of shadow. As far as I know, lore of life is used by both, Bretonnia and Wood elves, but none of them uses lore of shadow. Lore of shadow is used by Beastmen, Empire and Chaos (Chaos warriors, chaos deamons and chaos dwarfs).

AZoReu8.png

The two lores left are lore of life and lore of shadow. As far as I know, lore of life is used by both, Bretonnia and Wood elves, but none of them uses lore of shadow. Lore of shadow is used by Beastmen, Empire and Chaos (Chaos warriors, chaos deamons and chaos dwarfs).
    8e change lore of shadow is the second top pick for wood elves, and Drycha can only use shadow
    Team Wood Elves

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
    grayhat said:

8e change lore of shadow is the second top pick for wood elves, and Drycha can only use shadow
    Then is very probable that Wood elves will come with shadow wizard for the empire and Bretonnia with jade (life magic) wizard

AZoReu8.png

grayhat said:

Then is very probable that Wood elves will come with shadow wizard for the empire and Bretonnia with jade (life magic) wizard
    Thats my bet!
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Posts: 768Registered Users

As you sugested , did you try googling?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,241Registered Users
    Ah, finally wednesday. It can't get better, right? Wednesday Orion's wedding day! It must be today
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    edited October 2016
    We still doing the whole "announcement has to happen now" thing?

Let me do you all a favour. They have confirmed no announcement today. Now go back to bed and hope something shows up next week =p
    Total War: Warhammer <3

As you sugested , did you try googling?
    Yeah! Thats why I know they share one???
  • VinusoleVinusole Junior Member Posts: 100Registered Users

Let me do you all a favour. They have confirmed no announcement today. Now go back to bed and hope something shows up next week =p

I just do not see why announcing a DLC for next month a month out would be an issue.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    Vinusole said:

I just do not see why announcing a DLC for next month a month out would be an issue.
    Because CA appear to have the QA green light closer to launch than that, so a month before they still aren't certain it will make it.
    edited October 2016

grayhat said:

possible but what DLC would go with that (considering it's three FLC combined)
    Team Wood Elves

And again nothing new today...
  • LiuzerLiuzer Junior Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    Sad day once more.
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 859Registered Users

Praise the sun ! \[T]/
    grayhat said:

grayhat said:

A lord pack for Greenskins and Dwarfs maybe with new units.

AZoReu8.png

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

that would make 4 FLC at once(with the GS LL FLC) which seems a bit high for one cheep DLC.
    Team Wood Elves

• PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 859Registered Users
    edited October 2016

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

Even if we don't know for sure, it makes sense that the LL pack GS/Dwarfs will be linked to Wurrzag FLC (and Grombrindal). Some says it would be a new type of DLC coming with Bretonnia FLC, but that's all speculation. :)

I do have the crazy hope it would be TBE DLC (or Tomb Kings) with Bretonnia FLC with errantry wars.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/