Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - The King and The Warlord announcement!

Comments

• MoritasgusMoritasgus Registered Users Posts: 744

Are the new units available for the current factions?

Yes the standard units will be available to all same race factions providing you own the DLC.

RoR are only available to the player and main factions of different races.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,656
    edited October 2016
    A few thoughts. Some really interesting things.

I thought they would have released this early november to coincide with the white dwarf release.

Also very cool what they did with the anvil of doom to make it functional in a TW setting. Giving them a re-skinned Thorgrim throne was ingenious.

I wonder how bolt throwers will differ from cannons in a practical sense, and I find it bizarre they didn't just add goblin spear chukkas as well.

Really like how the hatred between dwarfs and GS is coming through in this pack. The Gob-lobber and dwarf on a chain fanatics really add flavour.

Pack looks excellent value for money. :o

I also think Karak Izor makes sense with WE coming soon. There's a mountain pass right there into Athel Loren for people to get dwarf vs elf fighting out of their system.

I do really only have 1 criticism of this pack, and anyone whose seen me posting on these forums will know what it is I'm about to say.

Why oh why oh why oh why did you pick generic bland dwarf lord number 554534355646351? Sure his armour looks fancy but he offers nothing in practical terms. Look I know RoR and rangers will spice up the dwarf playstyle a lot but a unique lord not based off every other dwarf lord had so much potential for awesome. I do like the cool "going to reclaim the homeland" mechanic though so kudos for that. It will force people to genuinely go on an expedition even through hostile territory, really cool mechanic the more I think about it.

And I do understand you wanted this themed on the Karak 8 Peaks conflict, but would selling Skarsnik vs Thorek/Bugman sell less because it's not "themed"?

I am totally fine with this if you're adding them in the future, I do understand one thing at a time. But if you have no plans to add these Dwarf lords, they are genuinely special and outside the box in a very one dimensional army, please consider it. I will pay for them.

Not trying to sound naggy, just a dwarf player of 15 years, I earned my old grumbler badge. ;)

I must say I appreciate how much you listen to the community and our wishes. OFFICIAL SUB-FACTIONS. I grovel at your feet CA, wish come true.

Anyway, pack looks awesome, been holding out for the next DLC so I didn't burn out, excited to play again and I'm hoping Skarsnik spices up the western dwarf conflict so it's not just won by the dwarfs every campaign. The poor empires starting position just got harder again. Will pre-order soon. :)
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    @Comissar_G
    I, personally, don't have any problems with Belegar as Legendary Lord choice.
    What really bothers me is the looming possbility of Karak Eight Peaks siege battle being another "generic layout #4 - dwarven paintjob" map.

@Comissar_G
    What really bothers me is the looming possbility of Karak Eight Peaks siege battle being another "generic layout #4 - dwarven paintjob" map.

I think we will need to wait for a potential mini campaign when the Skaven launch, maybe only playable with Skaven unless you also have this pack then you can play all 3 main protagonists.
    Nothing will change for seiges right away, maybe with the next game so the best way to do the thing justice is with a creative mini campaign that not only covers the surface but underground.
  • VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 593

@Comissar_G

Yeah I agree, but then we run into the problem of, if Eight peaks are unique, then surely the Creme de la Creme of Karaks, Karaz a karak needs one too. I simply don't see that happening.

I too am happy with Belegar, I know a lot of people here are moaning about it (feels strange not being on the moaners side, I usually am).

That said if Belegar ends up being the last DLC dwarf lord I won't be happy. There are at least 2 or 3 more LL options that would be good to see.
  • Widowmaker1981Widowmaker1981 Registered Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2016
    VlKNG said:

That said if Belegar ends up being the last DLC dwarf lord I won't be happy. There are at least 2 or 3 more LL options that would be good to see.

The Dwarfs don't have many more units and i hope this is all the RoR we get (or it starts getting a bit crazy when you can instant summon a full 20 stack as any race), but i don't see why they can't sell us individual LL at say $2 if they have no additional content providing they are well made (not just quick reskins) and come with a full set of quest battles and magic items.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    You'll get your elves when they come...

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 645
    So I guess November will be a Chaos , Beastmen , DLC . Then December a Wood Elves DLC to help Santa. :p
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 474
    As far as I know from 8e we now pretty much have a complete Dwarf unit roster. (Not counting various Troll/Giant/etc Slayer flavours)

In terms of LL's and heroes, these are what remain outstanding:

Thorek Ironbrow - Legendary RuneLord
    Josef Bugman - Upgraded Thane
    Grimm Burloksonn - Master Engineer
    Grombrindel - Well.. we know whats happening here :wink:

Outstanding Generic Lord/Hero choices:

Daemon Slayer - Lord choice
    Dragon Slayer - Hero Choice

• VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 593

As far as I know from 8e we now pretty much have a complete Dwarf unit roster. (Not counting various Troll/Giant/etc Slayer flavours)

In terms of LL's and heroes, these are what remain outstanding:

Thorek Ironbrow - Legendary RuneLord
    Josef Bugman - Upgraded Thane
    Grimm Burloksonn - Master Engineer
    Grombrindel - Well.. we know whats happening here :wink:

Outstanding Generic Lord/Hero choices:

Daemon Slayer - Lord choice
    Dragon Slayer - Hero Choice

On top of the various slayer variations, There is also the oath stone and shield bearer mounts, and some lore stuff they could add.

If they wanted to they could easily do two more LL + unit packs, and there is no reason I can think of why they could not sell us a pack with no units but 2 LL.
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 375
    VlKNG said:

If they wanted to they could easily do two more LL + unit packs, and there is no reason I can think of why they could not sell us a pack with no units but 2 LL.

I hope this will never happen! At least not to this Price!

I don´t buy the LL packs for the LL - i buy them for the Units that are inside!
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 851
    I can see a pack with Slayers coming out with the Ogres. Apart from that, a couple of dwarf LL could be made as FLC, don't you think?

• Galak56Galak56 Registered Users Posts: 131
    edited October 2016
    Love the DLC! (bit disappointed we won't get a Belgar vs Skarsnik vs. Queek Headtaker mini-campaign now, but eh)

Anyone else get that distinct The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey feeling from watching that trailer? I swear the starting notes of the music in the trailer sound similar to "Over the Misty Mountains".
  • GallandrGallandr Registered Users Posts: 105
    Good job CA. Only pity why you decided to give these starting positions. Best would be both starting without a hold. On expedition, like Belisarius in Rome. I don't want other holds to go... And Crooked can even have K8P already. Easy and harder campaign then, gobbo or dwarf.
  • Galak56Galak56 Registered Users Posts: 131
    Gallandr said:

Good job CA. Only pity why you decided to give these starting positions. Best would be both starting without a hold. On expedition, like Belisarius in Rome. I don't want other holds to go... And Crooked can even have K8P already. Easy and harder campaign then, gobbo or dwarf.

Karak eight peaks is taken by Crooked Moon rebel faction. Skarsnik doesn't own ****. ;) He starts way out in the Empire!
  • FoofightFoofight Registered Users Posts: 66
    Looking good! Now reveal the patchnotes plz :)
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406

Nothing will change for seiges right away, maybe with the next game so the best way to do the thing justice is with a creative mini campaign that not only covers the surface but underground.

I figure, that it makes more sence to gradually introduce unique layouts instead of remastering all sieges at once in future expansions... Maybe CA has different plans about siege battles? I just can't imagine CA leaving sieges in current state. That's so much wasted potential. I mean, look at the Karak from trailer. I want to besiege that stuff right now! Not that craptastic hollow cave.

• erza321erza321 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,350
    Correct if I'm wrong, but in the trailer after revealing Belegar and Skarnskik the narrator seems to say "Yet the two are challanged". Then there is the line after it "what fate awaits them in the darkness", does this hint a Karak Eight Peak mini campaign in the Skaven DLC.

• CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    Great job CA - of course now I have to wait to start my next campaign for a week
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,692
    Angmir said:

Dwarfs getting weaker and weaker.

I was hoping for something fancy for them, and for a nice Unique Lord.

Goblins got non-Army book unit (sneeky gits) and a cool unique Lord. I was hopping for something non-Army Book for dwarfs too - to make them a bit more exciting ...

And the Choice of the Lord .... - he looks worse than a standard random Dwarf Lord ! Has NOTHING unique about himself at all. Even Todbringer is more unique ...

Why not Alrik Runelfson (shieldbearers) or Thorek Ironbrow ? (Anvil of Doom - oldest living Dwarf) !!

It is frustrating how Dwarfs are always the least fleshed out weak faction ... (by both GW and CA)

And ofc they will still be nonexistant in Multi-player ... (unless you believe Bolt Throwers will turn the tables lol)

Sneaky gits ARE in the army book. They are assassin's that hide into non-night goblin units the same way fanatics aND netters do. This is a good way of implementing them since they aren't an actual hero.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited October 2016

Image removed due to copyright.

Post edited by dge1 on
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,413
    Looking forward to this so much! I hope when dwarfs Confederate they will get Belegar. Karak Khadrin should have Ungrim prior too.
  • AbonzoAbonzo Member Registered Users Posts: 318
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally dwarfs getting the love they deserve.!
    Pre Steam Hours On Total War Franchise - Un countable - played every game and expansion since shogun

Steam Hours On Total War - 3618 and counting

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376
    Empire/medieval 2 ( got in sale, played on disk mainly) - 33

i think i have a addiction.

*please excuse my bad English*
    New Dwarf Techs
    Vanguard Proficiency: improves melee defence and speed for Ranger units
    Rat Poison: reduces factionwide corruption, improves income from mines and quarries, and keeps fabled ‘man-sized rats’ at bay

maybe the FLC will be skaven
    Pre Steam Hours On Total War Franchise - Un countable - played every game and expansion since shogun

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376

abonzo said:

New Dwarf Techs
    Vanguard Proficiency: improves melee defence and speed for Ranger units
    Rat Poison: reduces factionwide corruption, improves income from mines and quarries, and keeps fabled ‘man-sized rats’ at bay

maybe the FLC will be skaven

NEVER!
    :D

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376

abonzo said:

:D

But i would take it as well :)

maybe we will see skaven next?!
    Something is in the bushes - to translate german 1:1 to english! (i know the sentence doesn´t make sence lol )

well this is the first evidence of mechanics changing to include the corruption mec for skaven.

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376

• CitizenTibbyCitizenTibby Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 14
    SQUUUUIIIIIGGGSSSS FINALLY!! SQUIIIGGGGIIIESS!!!