Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves Seasons, Forest "Corruption", World Roots, Wild Hunt mechanic?

124»

Comments

• SecuterSecuter Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,381
    Foefaller said:

I think seasons, like Morrslieb, should have pros and cons attached to both. Even Winter should have bonuses attached to them, and there should be things your best off waiting until it isn't Spring or Summer.

Rather than corruption, I'd rather see them be anti-corruption, with extra ways to get rid of Chaos/Undead/whatever else CA thinks of corruption rather than create their own, even the corruption of neighboring settlements they do not control. This is something I would want to see High Elves, when they show up, be capable of as well.

As for the horde/settlement/conquer quandary, I want to see one of two things done.

1.) Athel Loren has it's own map, ala continents in Empire Total War. The idea that armies might spend several turns in a region they could walk around in a couple of turns might seem odd, but it's perfectly in line with the lore, as there have been many stories of people being stuck for months, or even years trying to get to a place that's only a couple days walk away. This would give the WE a large, connected place that they would have to defend from invaders and fight over with Drycha and/or other Wood Elf factions that would fit with their lore.

2.) The addition of new settlements in forests and other locations across the Old World which Wood Elves can occupy. IMO these should be hidden to non-WE and Beastmen factions at first, and the exact location of the settlement within it's region should change with each campaign so you never quite know where it is. These would basically be outposts for the WE that they can use to watch out for things that might threaten Athel Loren and take them out before they ever become a threat.

In both cases, the Wild Hunt, Grand campaign, and other faction mechanics (Weave?) will be your main excuse to travel out and fight wars far from Athel Loren, with grudge-like penalties to make sure you don't just turtle until the End Times.

Wood Elves taking over Human settlements makes about as much sense as Greenskins taking them over, and for about the same reasons; Wood Elves simply do not have the patience or desire to set up a government and start taxing the humans that live there, and on top of that, Elves as a whole are simply not populous enough to migrate and set up roots (pun unintended) somewhere new.

As for Worldroots, I wouldn't be shocked (though I would be disappointed) if it worked just like beastpath and underway travel. What I would like to see is it let you travel to settlements and/or forests you control. Have it be only Settlement-> settlement, and disable the ability to do so to settlements that are under siege.

Seems like the best idea so far. However, I think the thing about random settlements isn't an option.
  • davinaqdavinaq Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    I could be wrong but I don't recall the Asrai being able to use The World Roods, only the Forrest Spirits ; or maybe I missed it. Would be cool if in MP you could summon a forest like in TT and perhaps get some free Dryads, after all VC's, Beastmen and Empire can all get free units (with magic) .
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 934
    edje said:

I could be wrong but I don't recall the Asrai being able to use The World Roods, only the Forrest Spirits ; or maybe I missed it.

They both use it. Example being when they traveled to Naggaroth.
  • GreyKnightDanteGreyKnightDante Registered Users Posts: 339
    edje said:

I could be wrong but I don't recall the Asrai being able to use The World Roods, only the Forrest Spirits ; or maybe I missed it. Would be cool if in MP you could summon a forest like in TT and perhaps get some free Dryads, after all VC's, Beastmen and Empire can all get free units (with magic) .

Yeh, they used it.....But only recently.......its during the Season of Retribution, when Ariel found out her sister was killed by Morathi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello I am an admin from the Warhammer Wiki. Please feel free to give any suggestions on how to our improve at this forum thread here! ANY help or suggestions is welcomed!

• saberslash127saberslash127 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    now that WE is DEFINITELY coming in this week for sure this time.....I wanna stake my claims that atleast half of these mechanics is actually going to be implemented
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,870

now that WE is DEFINITELY coming in this week for sure this time.....I wanna stake my claims that atleast half of these mechanics is actually going to be implemented

I'll take that wager. I bet they won't be.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394

I'll take that wager. I bet they won't be.
    100 internet points they will!
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • nrdilodoviconrdilodovico Registered Users Posts: 59
    Since Warhammer is done I think we can assume that any future lore will come out of these series of games and possibly books written in the future? Would it be so outlandish to assume that the WE have been so riled up and sent into a frenzy by the leadership and Fey that they have no decided to go on the Great Wild Hunt. Seeking to return Reebok's world to forests? Instead of occupying other settlements they would have the option of razing the minor towns but using a new mechanic called over growth in the capital settlements. This overgrowth would lead to the spreading of the forests. They can still only recruit units from AL but they could teleport to these new overgrown ruins. I know it's stretching the lore, but let's be real.....Total War demands Total war....and would add an exciting new threat to the World map.