Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cool replay glitch

MemeiemiesterMemeiemiester Registered Users Posts: 12
Wow i just played a quest battle and the replay wasn't the battle i played. In the replay i lost horribly but in the actual battle I won. I know i saved the correct replay because i only played the battle once. Further proof that i actually did win the battle is my forces gets crushed in the replay and the ai just stands there for a couple minutes because the clock is ticking the time of my actual battle that lasted way longer. Anyway weird glitch that i never have seen b4 and am clueless as to how it happened . Replay for reference. Has this ever happened to any of you?
Tagged:

Comments

• corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    This happens more than you think.
    "I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
    —Valkia the Bloody.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    edited November 2016
    Has happened to all my replays .... had the most epic 3v3 empire vs chaos, where, sigvald fell to his own hellannon and ended the battle.

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,580
    edited November 2016
    afraid it's not an uncommon issue.
    I really discovered how bad it was after following suggestions for my battle pace concerns.

I was told:
    "For In-game battles, you're suppose to stay in birds eye view, save the replays for the epic battles."

I stayed in birds view, rarely pausing (because pausing is saved in my replays-anyone elseDX12?) and I had an epic battle; my one empire army vs 3 vampire armies, I just squeezed the victory.

Save & load replay:
    My units are steam rolled in 3-4min and I'm watching the vampires stand around for the remainder 4-5min.

Replay Delete:
    In the 1st place, this wasn't a good solution for my pace concerns -what? I only enjoy graphics of the game when I revisit ONLY the epic battles?
    And the results not matching my outcome...well you can guess, not a very good way to catch the graphics and enjoy in-game battles.

*What other game do people justify the player's immersion/enjoyment of the graphics and animations, has to be visited/appreciated only through replay--these people are the same ones that say "they don't want longer battles"--but you'll take the time to revisit every Epic battle, that takes time doesn't it?
    Post edited by hendo1592 on
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,618
    Pauses aren't saved in my replays.

Of late I'm finding my replays ok, getting pretty much the same out come as I remember. The main problem with relays is that they don't have much of a shelf life in that you really need to play them under the same configuration that they were recorded under (same version & battle effecting mods).

@memeiemiester I tried your replay on my configuration (latest version no mods) and like you say its not a pretty picture, you lose horribly, horribly. It is odd because its over in about 6mins then there is another 3 mins of the GS hanging around with nothing to fight, like you say for you the battle lasted the full 9 mins.
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    edited November 2016
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 510
    Also make sure that the same mods you were using are activated when you watch the replay. If you miss one or more, or you have activated a mod that wasn't used during the saved of the replay you will get a different battle.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,580
    I don't use any mods just vannilla based , perhaps because I run with the DX12 beta?
    And am I the only one that replays save pauses for?-at first I thought it was freezing but realized it was paused (you can hear units acknowledging commands and I timed it with a test)

Replays are fun to watch-although I don't like them used as necessity to enjoy the graphics.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,618
    edited November 2016
    hendo1592 said:

I don't use any mods just vannilla based , perhaps because I run with the DX12 beta?
    And am I the only one that replays save pauses for?-at first I thought it was freezing but realized it was paused (you can hear units acknowledging commands and I timed it with a test)

Replays are fun to watch-although I don't like them used as necessity to enjoy the graphics.

I pause a lot during game time never experienced what you describe. The whole point of the replay is that it allows you to take a different perspective from that in the actual battle, saving pauses makes little sense.

If it was pausing don't think you would hear anything. What was your test ?

Edit: I don't use DX12 beta, you would think that this should not cause a problem but who knows maybe try without it.