Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible future LL speculation list

Comments

• mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    @Red Dox , this isn't really to do with possible LLs, but noticed something cool in one of the links you posted...

Bottom right is a dwarf woman, which I have never really seen in Warhammer or even Tolkien! Thing I like about it is that it is both feminine but also very dwarfen.

If you know any cool Dwarf females in Warhammer fantasy that might be good additions, but I have heard literally zero on the subject.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,173Registered Users
    mw51630 said:

@Red Dox , this isn't really to do with possible LLs, but noticed something cool in one of the links you posted...

Bottom right is a dwarf woman, which I have never really seen in Warhammer or even Tolkien! Thing I like about it is that it is both feminine but also very dwarfen.

If you know any cool Dwarf females in Warhammer fantasy that might be good additions, but I have heard literally zero on the subject.

well for Tolkien: Dwarven women made up only roughly 1/3 of all of the dwarven population...

to quote Tolkien gateway
    "Despite being 4.5 - 5 feet (1.35 - 1.52 m) tall, they were known for their strength and endurance in battle, as well as their fury, particularly when avenging their fallen kin, and for being some of the greatest warriors in all of Middle-earth. They fought valiantly in many wars and battles over the Ages holding axes. In appearance their more distinctive characteristic was their beard which they have from the beginning of their lives, male and females alike; and which they shave only in shame.[8]"
    [...]
    "Dwarf-women seldom walked abroad, and that only in great need. When they did travel, they were so alike Dwarf-men in voice, appearance, and garb that it was hard for other races to tell them apart. They were likewise seldom named in genealogies, joining their husbands' families. The only Dwarf-woman named in Tolkien's legendarium is Dís, sister of Thorin Oakenshield, who was given a place in the records because of the gallant deaths of her sons, Fíli and Kíli. The scarcity of women, their rare mention, and their identical looks with the males, coupled with the Dwarves' secretive culture, led many to mistakenly believe that Dwarves were born out of stone, and upon death they returned to that stone.[9][7]"
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Posts: 593Registered Users
    mw51630 said:

Wow! That would be cool! For all the complaining about no female characters this is one of them I'd really be interested in! (As well as Neferata of course)

I don't know if female dwarfs are part of the war effort in warhammer though. It might be tough to fit them in.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Well, the Dwarf list includes Queen Helga as female example.
    I found a "renown" female Dwarf merchant (Karstin Largsdottir) but for TWW purpose she makes no sense. Same goes for WFRP Tarni Ironspike, who is more of a adventureous witchhunter and known for her special hatred against Undead/Necromancers. But as much as I would like a few female dwarfs included, I doubt that we will be that lucky. And in case of Dwarfs, there seems to be at least a reasonable explanation why "spotlight females" are so rare

The picture itself seems to be just a random dwarf, not someone special

------Red Dox
    3.png 1.3M
    4.png 723.2K
  • RzeźbiarzRzeźbiarz Junior Member Posts: 124Registered Users
    In one of the Konrad trilogy books was a female dwarf blacksmith but the lore from that old books is long outdated.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,018Registered Users
    edited November 2016
    mw51630 said:

Queen Helga Longplaits last of Clan Bronn.

What little Lore I know of her:

Queen Helgar is the ruler of Krag Bryn. She is the last descendant of Bronn the bold, founder of the stronghold. Their are none of her clan, The Bronnlings, left in her domain save for herself. They have all been slain over the generations in the endless grudge feud with the Thrundlings the descendants of the Arch rival of Bronn the bold, Thrund the angry. Helga is noted for her pride and determination as well as her Long plaits, as respected as any Dwarf beard. Her ability with an axe on the battlefield are the match of any mighty Dwarf warrior. She is also known to be able to outdrink most Male Dwarfs.

The rules she had for campaign she featured in had her at average Dwarf Lord stats (One less Weapon Skill one More initiative) She wielded her clans Ancestral axe (wielded by Bronn himself originally) but only wore Light armour (Huge weakness), she also carried a shield.

A limited number of models were made for Collecting/painting purposes as well as to be used for the campaign but ultimately players used her as a generic Thane or Dwarf Lord in regular TT games too.

Post edited by Thanquol on
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    Cool stuff guys, thanks!
    Still juggeling with different chars for next greater update, but thought this here oculd be interesting for some:
    "For the Moot!"
    http://halflinghouse.blogspot.de/2012/01/halfling-army-list-citadel-journal-36.html
    http://halflinghouse.blogspot.de/2012/01/halfling-mercenary-listcitadel-journal.html

More recent unofficial fan project based on old stuff
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iR0Y3N1ZPZWdHWVU/view

I still would appreciate a "Moot DLC" to gave that little buggers what they deserve or create a Halfling Empire to rule them all! But I doubt we will have some, ever :(
    Damn, get the urge again to play "Overlord" and raze the halfling village ^^
    btw. Overlord Halfling, Melvin Underbelly: http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/35852-pogo-the-halfling-overlard/

------Red Dox
  • Guilhem3004Guilhem3004 Posts: 20Registered Users
    And Gorth the Cruel, the Chaos Dwarf leader ?.

Good list, thank you.
  • Guilhem3004Guilhem3004 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Sorry, it's gHorth xD
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ghorros Warhoof as a beastmen LL.

They could easily re-skin a Centigor with great weapon and make the model a little bigger with a 2-handed club.

He would be a very quick and mobile lord without the need for a mount!

He would essentially be the beastmen's miniature/quicker version of kholek... which sounds awesome!

Ghorros Warhoof could have campaign bonuses such as...

* Significant cost/upkeep reduction for centigors units

* Increased campaign movement range

* All units have the centigor Rowdy trait within his war band... since hes pretty much partying all the time

*edit* However, he can't ambush or beast path away as well as the other lords, due to his drunken/reckless ways
    and for the odd fact that Centigors can't hide in woods for some strange reason. :p

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ghorros_Warhoof

Post edited by Berg_Of_The_West on
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,173Registered Users
    possibly alongside a Centigor Lord choice for the BM alongside him?

btw i'll leave this link here for people that are interested :smiley:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/188681/suggestion-to-allow-lls-of-subfactions-as-lls-of-main-races-in-grand-campaign
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 426Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    Red_Dox said:

Halfling Soup Tank: http://imgur.com/gallery/gOwO6
    Where is this from?

And Ghorth the Cruel, the Chaos Dwarf leader ?

Hrrmm. I mean he has literally just two sentences for lore. That throws him in with Ghorst or Alberic but does that make him LL material? And afaik do the Dawi Zharr have no sole leader. Ghorth may be one of the sorcerors with more influence but he only leads his faction [which could be more likely represented by Zhatan, who has more lore & actual TT rules]. I added him, to spice up their roster but I am hesitant about him.
    DerPhonix said:

Where is this from?

White Dwarf. But cant't remember which number. Was a battlereport: Marius Leitdorf and his mercenaries (Ogre, Dogs of War, Halflings). So I would assume 6th edition, but that covers also some years ^^
    If I stumble about that WD/article again, I post the number.

------Red Dox

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,605Registered Users
    Hi RedDox....

Update your OP... Isabella is coming....
  • YakintonYakinton Posts: 261Registered Users
    Hey Red_Dox I found a Skaven missing from your list.

Skweel Gnawtooth from army book 7th, page 71

Awesome work on the list
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Awesome Post and Great Research done there RedFox. I love Your devotion and determination.

To the subject though: I hope mostly for those LL candidates that would fill some gap in current factions. So:
    - For Vampire Counts I'd hope mostly for all bloodlines having some representation, as we have only Carstein for now which is far too monogenous to be fun,
    - For Empire I'd call for Colleges of Magic leaders along with some serious rework for underpowered spell Lores and introduction of regular wizard lords,
    - For Wood Elves I wish for Ariel and Spellweaver lords,
    - For Chaos I hope for various non-human lords, such as Throgg or Wulfrik, and at least one LL/L from every Chaos God, as currently we have only Slaaneshy pretty boy.
    - No certain wishes for other factions on my side.
  • FoxZzFoxZz Posts: 28Registered Users
    While browsing into the game files, I came across a character named Armand d'Aquitaine, coded like a DLC4 release and with 54 melee attack, 40 charge bonus and 48 melee defense. Was CA planning to give Bretonnia a new Legendary Lord or a new hero in DLC 4 ??
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    I'm not sure...

If that is the case... here is a video I found that talks about him a little bit

Armand d'Aquitaine

Time: 37:40

Source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-N1P_RnOigH1FEOjiT8TWQ
    edited March 2017
    In case somone wonders, I did some changes/additions in the list. Nothing to major, few names here and there, except maybe the Skaven Council. Tricky bit that Council. Since the latest GW (Endtimes) stuff on them was contradicting the WFRP stuff and there are still some blank spots (Not even when knowing the world ends the chimps at GW could make a "final complete" list...). If someone miught have ideas for the missing Lords of Decay or a clue which Clan Nr#4 is, please do tell and point me in the right direction.
    FoxZz said:

While browsing into the game files, I came across a character named Armand d'Aquitaine, coded like a DLC4 release and with 54 melee attack, 40 charge bonus and 48 melee defense. Was CA planning to give Bretonnia a new Legendary Lord or a new hero in DLC 4 ??

Well Armand is the current Duke of Aquitaine (included in the page#1 list). But sadly, Aquitaine is as dukedom not in the game itself.

Which double suxx, becasue I would like it if they shove the Red Duke there (aka "Scourge of Aquitaine") and lift Mallobaude into Mousillion for a "rebel bretonnia" faction that troubles the kingdom.
    And since Bretonnia was fresh released and *that* would have been the time to "update" the map...I think there is not much hope that they do such a thing in the coming time. I would assume the only chance for a "mapchange" would now be the release of the second game. But not much hope for "expanding" Bretonnia to include new dukedoms even then.
    I would further assume that if CA plans to give Bretonnia new LLs, they may be Dukes regarding the current dukedoms. But not really Dukes who would not even have their realms on the map. Maybe they throw in some other LL that is no duke for whatever goal (diversity), Bretonnia has a good list of possibilities. But since it was FLC, and Bretonnia already has three LL with different startpositions, I think there is no immediate plan to expand for them.

But since we are on the subject, something is bothering me quite some time now. In Bretonnia streams/videos I saw two dukes (Bohemond and Chilfroy) with their "titles/nicknames". I thought that would be something I see in the game after patch, but as I took my usual screenshots of the lords to see if something changed, nothing. Still not sure if I have some option deactivated and am to stupid to find where it is or if that was something strange from the streams/videos itself. Could also later only find Chilfroy again, but I am certain I saw Bohemond somewhere too.
    CA video

versus my ingame screen.

So, since we are on the topic, can somebody tell me if that is "something" or if I am really are to stupid for the game options (and where that might be?)
    On that context, maybe relevant, don't know, I play with 2d portraits. Makes screenshots for the archive easier and sometimes the 3D portraits look a bit goofy. For example: Archaon and his armor penetrating helmet.
    2D

3D

-----Red Dox
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 426Registered Users
  • FoxZzFoxZz Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Wow, the map is not the same at all.

But the really funny thing about Armand is that he is actually in the game files like Louen or Karl Franz. I guess they plan was to release him instead of Alberic ?

It looks like that they squized the left and top part of the old world. It's very weird.

Let's hope that in next games they'll edit the map and make it bigger so Bretonnia can have all its duchies, and Kislev and Estalia be playble.
    Post edited by FoxZz on
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,605Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Game 2 is coming...

Based on the leakage, High/Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Skaven will appear core races....

Lets speculate whom 3 LL do you think will make it for each race?

High Elves
    -Finubar
    -Tyrion
    -Teclis

Dark Elves
    -Malekith
    -Morathi
    -Malus Darkblade

Skaven
    -Skrolk
    -Thanquol
    -Queek Headtaker

Lizardmen
    -Mazdamundi
    -Tehenhuain
    -Kroq-gar
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,372Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Game 2 is coming...

Based on the leakage, High/Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Skaven will appear core races....

Lets speculate whom 3 LL do you think will make it for each races?

High Elves:
    Telic
    Tyrion
    Alarielle (Faction leader)

Dark Elves
    Malekith (Faction Leader)
    Morathi
    For 3 I don't really have a clue, but my guess that in won't be Crone Hellebron, because too many units screm LP with her

Lizardmen
    Lord Kroak (faction Leader) except no substitutes if you want really powerful magic.
    Kroq-Gar best representation of the "none caster" side of LM one could thin of.
    3rd one is hard again. Maybe a Skink but Ca didn't gave us a goblin till the LP.

While I don't think Skaven will come yet, politeness demands that I answer that as well:
    Thanquol, the arch type Greey Seer is almost booked in my book.
    Queek Headtaker, arch type of Warlord Lords
    Lord Skreech Verminking, Avatar of the Horned rat, faction leader material right here.

In case you wonder the clan leader appear to me too much destine for LP's then standard release.

Daemons of Chaos:
    Skarbrand, because Khorneflakes taste good.
    Ku'gath, Papa Nurgle wants you.
    Kairos Fateweaver would be possible but also would be the Masque of Slaanesh
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    edited March 2017
    What leakage? ^^

And I specualte only for 2 LL. Coregame was 2 for each. DLC was 2 for each. The only ones showing up with 3 were Bretonnia for free and we can expect that they will not get someone else for some time. It would make sense to have the next core set also have 2, so rival DLC and FLC additions will fill the ranks. maybe even for a longer timeperiod as with game#1.

New World

DE: Malekith, Morathi
    HE: Tyrion, Teclis or Finnubar, Teclis
    Lizardmen: Mazdamundi, Gor-Rok

Chaos Whatever
    Dawi Zharr: Astragoth, Zhatan
    Ogre Kingdoms: greasus Goldtooth, Skrag
    Tomb Kings: Settra, Khatep. But instead of Khatep I really would more hope for Sehensmet *sigh*

Wildcards
    Skaven: Thanquol, Nurglitch if Lustria. Queek if Dark Lands/Old World.
    Daemons: N'kari, Be'lakor (Undivided)
    WoC: Valkia, Festus, Villitch. Would wish for Dechala, van Horstman, Arbaal and Feytor but less likely.

------Red Dox
  • TumbleTumble Posts: 485Registered Users
    Maybe we'll get LL packs for adding the game 2 factions in proximity of game 1 old world campaign map or vice versa.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    I want Kroak for Lizardmen.

He is literally the most powerfull spellcaster in the world. He is also basically undead just with fully retained consciousness. He also uses Lore of Undeath, normally inaccessible for Lizardmen and he's got some spells that are unique to him only.

To sum things up: he is BADASS!!!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,133Registered Users

He is literally the most powerfull spellcaster in the world. He is also basically undead just with fully retained consciousness. He also uses Lore of Undeath, normally inaccessible for Lizardmen and he's got some spells that are unique to him only.

I want him as the OP FLC like Grombrindal or Vlad.

If lizards only get 2 LL he doesn't make the cut with Mazdamundi and Krok'gar being more important in the current time line.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users

I want him as the OP FLC like Grombrindal or Vlad.

If lizards only get 2 LL he doesn't make the cut with Mazdamundi and Krok'gar being more important in the current time line.
    agree with all of this, and it would be nice to have two different LL instead of a second slaan
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • BeaverDDSBeaverDDS Posts: 85Registered Users
    Lore of Undeath is Endtimes only and probably won't be added. Also as much as I like Lord Kroak but he's basically a vegetable and when they do roll him out his body doesn't move and he just blasts people with spells if anything he would be more likely as DLC.