Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Archaon is too weak

ArchDemonArchDemon Registered Users Posts: 58
me and around 8 other friends of mine think that Archaon is waaaay to weak and im very heavy into the Archaon lore and even if its not the end times he is still very powerful (in the lore) but in the game Archaon cant win a 1v1 battle against karl franz or prins sigvald something that IMO is stupid.

and now they have kinda buffed kholek but not Archaon the main bad guy for the Chaos Undivided and pretty much 1 of the most powerful caracters in warhammer fantasy. iknow he cant be too OP but as of right now he is waaaay to weak

it would be nice to fix that, same goes to his Demon horse in the game it does not feel like his horse Drogbar is a demonhorse and it should be bigger (ofc iknow ther is a mod for it but still)

what do you guys think or feel about Archaon being too weak? and is there any other legendary lords you feel is weak right now?

Comments

• seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,571
    edited December 2016
    Well Karl Franz has always been one of the few characters with a good chance of taking him down...
    (A bloodthirster, Elf prince on dragon, Vampire on Zombie Dragon, Tyrion and a custom character with an item that negates enemy magic items (not around in 8th as far as I know) would be another examples)

Besides that I agree. Archaon isnt very threatening but that is more due to the fact that his armies arent very powerful. Archaon himself level 30 is pretty badass...
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,595
    Well, I've seen him take on large segments of armies all by himself in some of Loremaster of Sotek's Legendary games.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,816
    Wait, is it around 8 or actually 8?

40K Total War ... oh go on ... you know you want to.

• TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    You can cast fireball at point blank range and get a lot of damage on enemy lords that way
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,775
    If you're playing single player you could always just use a mod, or mod him yourself......

It would take about 2 minutes to make a mod buffing Archaon.
  • ScottGScottG Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 101
    Archaon wrecks when I use him. Plus his buffs are solid. Strictly my opinion.
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    I approve. But I modded Archaon myself to make him a little bigger and stronger. Now if CA would just re-voice him.... :wink:
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    In SP sure he's fine but in MP I wouldn't take him over the sack of useless animations that is Kholek or even Siggy the ass end of Chaos jokes. Potion Chaos lords are the only option. Ever.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    his abilities are joke and so his legendary items and also it doesn't help that lore of fire now is trash tier now

Balance Is A Lie

• ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487

his abilities are joke and so his legendary items and also it doesn't help that lore of fire now is trash tier now

They should give him his own spells like Orion.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,680
    Some characters are better at one on one, some better at certain types of damage (AP or not), some are also spellcasters. You can't really say "He loses 1v1 against Karl" and call it bad design.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • RazmirthRazmirth Registered Users Posts: 2,193
    edited December 2016
    If ur having problems with any unpowered character, download the magic item mod. I forget what it's called, but basically when heroes hit the right level to gain the quests for their character specific magic items, instead of spending the whole game
    Trying to get them all they give them to you automatically when you hit the right level. YOU HAVE TO EQUIP THEM THOUGH!! I didn't and I spent half the game wondering why there was no significant improvements.

It really helped me get more out of my lords! Try that out and see if it helps. I had archaon killing whole units by himself without taking hardly a scratch with, as long as he had nearby units to assist him and not just charge by himself into the enemy. He frequently had 100-150 kills himself each battle, easily.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877
    At least Archaon don't got is at bad as Kemmler, Malagor and the Lord of Change. :p
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 791
    Yeah well, I have 12 friends that say he's super OP
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,595
    Well, it seems they're getting rid of the potions.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    like they said archaon's is good in single becaue of his skill trees but the new ll keep getting better and better and archaon is crap in multiplayer

Balance Is A Lie

• MutajinMutajin Registered Users Posts: 49
    Tayvar said:

At least Archaon don't got is at bad as Kemmler, Malagor and the Lord of Change. :p

You forgot Gelt in that list ;)

And Malagor is actually one of the better Caster LL....
  • ArchonPrimeArchonPrime Registered Users Posts: 1,087
    in SP Archaon is fine,or maybe good,but in MP?WTF is this ****???
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,859
    For the Everchosen he feels a bit weak even in SP but still useful with the right skill selection and his gear. In MP he is currently bottom tier.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • shinrosshinros Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    Single player Archaon is fine but as people said in MP he is well er bad.

Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....

like they said archaon's is good in single becaue of his skill trees but the new ll keep getting better and better and archaon is crap in multiplayer

This is so undeniably true and painful. CA really needs to rethink how they do LLs across the board or start REALLY buffing the LLs that need it.
  • Bel_IsarBel_Isar Registered Users Posts: 653

This is so undeniably true and painful. CA really needs to rethink how they do LLs across the board or start REALLY buffing the LLs that need it.
    We already have LLs that can solo-rape a upgraded garisson in SP... I would rather turn them down across the board. Battles shouldn't be a one-man show. It's not dota where heroes are all that matters.
    Bel_Isar said:

We already have LLs that can solo-rape a upgraded garisson in SP... I would rather turn them down across the board. Battles shouldn't be a one-man show. It's not dota where heroes are all that matters.
    That's because of skills trees and tech and all that other stuff. MP is a different thing entirely. Buffs and nerfs for the sake of MP just don't impact SP all that much.

Bel_Isar said:

That's because of skills trees and tech and all that other stuff. MP is a different thing entirely. Buffs and nerfs for the sake of MP just don't impact SP all that much.
    Yeah sure i ment SP, or rather Campaign, bet it SP or MP. Just would love to have late game garisson actually be worth it. Some LL´s seems to escalate a bit to much
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,047
    Archaon, weak...?
    Once with Archaon, I killed a dragon in only two seconds.
    Just develops the yellow bar.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,779
    corvo said:

Archaon, weak...?

You're talking with the MPguys. If Archaon was strong they'd then whine that he's OP and demand he be nerfed. It's like that with MP.

corvo said:

Archaon, weak...?

You're talking with the MPguys. If Archaon was strong they'd then whine that he's OP and demand he be nerfed. It's like that with MP.
    Lets wait until High Elves are in. If they go the GW-Way of balancing, MP rage will not only reach the the general Discussion Subforum but All forums!
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    Given that the Wood Elves have a lot of similar units, most of what makes the high elves good arent represented in the game, like fighting in extra rank, asf, and dispelling. So unless high magic is OP i dont think High Elves are going to be as spectacular as they are in the TT.

As for Archeon. He is not actually weak, the MP guys just cant express themselves properly, he is overpriced. He's a great melee lord and a caster. He'll beat all the other combo caster/fighter lords in melee and the fire lore is one of the strongest lores in MP. But he cost alot and cant fly and therefore is not used much in MP.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877
    Mutain said:

Tayvar said:

You forgot Gelt in that list ;)

And Malagor is actually one of the better Caster LL....
    Well at least Gelt is not flying in the lore, while not being able to fly in Total War. :p
    corvo said:

corvo said:

Archaon, weak...?

@KhorneFlakes Seriuosly man?
    you flagged me for "spam"?.
    yes,because i don't like troll post,archaon is nowhere powerfull as he should be even in singleplayer,hes the ultimate antagonist of old world,judging by your tagline..i didn't expect this heresy

Balance Is A Lie