Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crash on startup

ElicasElicas Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 218
Echoing other peoples comments regarding the crash on start up, this is especially disappointing for me, since I only bought the game yesterday in the 25% steam sale.

Can confirm I have the most recent up to date Nvidea drivers, I do NOT have any mods installed, and the only DLC I have is the White Dwarf.

Windows 7 64 bit.
CPU - I7 6700k @ 4.00GHz.
GPU - GTX 1060 @ 6mb.
8gig RAM @ 2666mhz.
Asus Z170 pro gaming MB.

I've verified the cache, tried the alt-tab work around, and reinstalled the game. Nothing works. I get to the launcher, press play, nothing happens, the game doesn't even fire up, just an instant crash.

Comments

• XalekXalek Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 338
    If u have razer synapse on your pc then turn it off compelety before u start warhammer total war, for me and a few others that seems to have been causing the start up crashes, after i turned off razer synapse = no crash at all, can open the game freely as before, give it a try, you can turn razer back on after the game has fully started :smile:
    Team Druchii
    2yox4l6d57dk.gif
    "If they shall not bow to me, the rightful ruler of Ulthuan, then I shall see each tower crumble and every soul scourged in pain until they beg for my rule."

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,039
    Is your Windows 7 updated to Service Pack 1?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file